British Speedway Forum

See post 637 can i nominate the first person to have the horses head on their pillow _ _ /_ _ _ _ _ _

Or a dose of Ebola!... .. .Oops! Sorry! I hope the whole things is a success and it spurs on a few others around the country. A few more owner/occupiers would be brilliant.

• Like 1

You really need to get out more

Oh I get out loads hence why I hardly have time post on here, unlike yourself. Sometimes it's good to take some of your own advice :) I'm sure you will get over it eventually :drink:

As Screm says most people are happy about Glasgows good news but then you have the jealous few who make their sacarstic remarks.

and each sarcastic remark just brings me more joy :)

As Screm says most people are happy about Glasgows good news but then you have the jealous few who make their sacarstic remarks.

going to have guess here and say your classing me as part of the Jealous few i don't see why i would be jealous of whats going on at Glasgow. I'm pleased the club is more stable now that it has been in recent years. Some people just need to calm down a little.

• Like 2

Some great pics on Bryan Copland's twitter account - major renovation well underway. Great news for all Tigers fans

• Like 2

What's there to be jealous about?

Oh I get out loads hence why I hardly have time post on here

Oh the irony

Looks like mr blobbys jumping ship moanarchs need new one eyed skipper

.......ahh just put ma specs oan I thought you were called mr boaby

Looks like mr blobbys jumping ship moanarchs need new one eyed skipper

.......ahh just put ma specs oan I thought you were called mr boaby

Think somebody needs a breathalyzer on their forum access!

Some great pics on Bryan Copland's twitter account - major renovation well underway. Great news for all Tigers fans

Im very curious as to whats happening with the old pigeon coup (aka the old tote building). Anyone share? Mac101?

Im very curious as to whats happening with the old pigeon coup (aka the old tote building). Anyone share? Mac101?

I have heard it will contain hospitality suites , restaurant and lifts as it will be 3 floors, not sure what else
  • Like 2

Well done Boobs at least your good at something seeing keyboard problems now fixed you will be pleased to see. Where did the 25k figure for Summers come from Paulco

Come on cough up!

Sorry , I was away for Christmas . I read it in the speedway star a week or two back

Can kind of understand Havelock's posturing but at the end of the day Summers will ride for Glasgow, for a fee set by arbitration. Would love to see somebody challenge the asset 'system' in court and see it dissolved.

Yeah we could do with a Bosman in speedway .

And lets face it, we all start on 42.5 :rofl:

That's the most sensible statement on here . It's not as if we've got a team of speedway galacticos , money or not we're bound by the same restrictions as everybody else .

... and only a handful of hardcore Monarchs fans turn up anyway.

Poor show.

We used to show up in large numbers quite happily at Ashfield until the Tigers management/riders ripped the total pish out of everyone during..dare i say it..the debacle of June 2010 at Armadale?Sorry to bring that whole sorry episode up again,but personally it scunnered me from putting my hard earned dosh in to the Tiggers till,and i know a lot of people in the east who felt the same.. No jealousy here about what appears to be great news for Glasgow Speedway..i'm happy for you all,and anything that improves facilities for the fans and the stability of the club can only have a positive knock on effect for Scottish speedway in general. :approve: It'll be all the sweeter when the Blue & Gold ride round on the victory lap after our latest win over the 'new improved' Glasgow Tiger Galacticos at the Possil Park Maracana :D Hopefully the new promotion and set up can mend fences with us disgruntled fans,and we can start with a clean slate..we live in hope!My New Year wish for all us methanol addicts here in Scotland now is that we get a lot better practice facilities so we can nurture a new generation of Scottish riders.Since Linlithgow sadly closed many years ago we havnt regularly produced many riders at all,which is a desperate shame..here's hoping for a better future :) Now I'd just like to wish everyone on here a very Happy New Year tae yin & aw..all the best speedway peeps :drink: p.s Wake me up in march.. Slainte :lol:

Edited by Young51
  • Like 4

We used to show up in large numbers quite happily at Ashfield until the Tigers management/riders ripped the total pish out of everyone during..dare i say it..the debacle of June 2010 at Armadale?

Monarchs fans had stopped showing up in any numbers for 3 seasons prior to June 2010, to suggest it was because of the debacle at Armadale that month is absolute folly.

The nonsense that night at Armadale finished off the remaining few, of which they are entirely justified.

Trying to entice them back will be nigh on impossible, once you get out of the mode of doing something you no longer miss it, though I suspect for many it is a hardened mentality towards Glasgow than anything else.

• Like 2

Monarchs fans had stopped showing up in any numbers for 3 seasons prior to June 2010, to suggest it was because of the debacle at Armadale that month is absolute folly.

The nonsense that night at Armadale finished off the remaining few, of which they are entirely justified.

Trying to entice them back will be nigh on impossible, once you get out of the mode of doing something you no longer miss it, though I suspect for many it is a hardened mentality towards Glasgow than anything else.

That's not how i remember it from the matches i attended,but there ya go..have a good one :)