British Speedway Forum
lewy

Plymouth 2015

Not often I do this but:

Barker 8.91 Franc 5.67 Newman 6.51 Simota 6.1 Worrall 7.32 Benko 3 Starke 4.79

Instead of benko why not Ashley Morris,at least he's a Brit after a team place by the look of it altho not sure he's average would fit

Clegg has at least got potential to improve a fair bit, Morris IMO won't do so and probably isn't too far off his level.

Clegg has at least got potential to improve a fair bit, Morris IMO won't do so and probably isn't too far off his level.

Agreed, add him to Adam Ellis and you'd have a belting young reserve pairing :)

• Like 1

Why is Ben Barker seemingly unpopular at Plymouth? He is in the top three in the PL averages and hugely popular at Birmingham for his riding and rapport with the fans.

Why is Ben Barker seemingly unpopular at Plymouth? He is in the top three in the PL averages and hugely popular at Birmingham for his riding and rapport with the fans.

So where did that come from?

Well no one seems to have suggested him for next years team and being one of the top PL riders and living local, and having ridden several years for Plymouth, it just seemed odd. No offence intended.

because he is a big head and thinks he is gods gift to speedway. just my opinion of course..

• Like 4

I can see what you mean jenga. I was disgusted when Birmingham signed him but have changed my mind completely and when there was talk of raising the money to buy his contract from Coventry I would have contributed. As a rider he always gives 100% but on top of this he always has time for the supporters especially the disabled ones. He also visited one supporter in his care home and on another occasion took 100 Easter Eggs he bought himself to the Birmingham Children's Hospital. These things had no publicity and have only leaked out since. I believe he and his family are travelling to Birmingham Saturday for the Brummies Christmas Party. He's furiously British and unlike so many foreign riders, is totally committed to the team and always looked out for his team mate in a race. Oh, and I've never met him! Perhaps your experience is different. I certainly changed my view of him. A good rider and solid team man. Good luck to Plymouth in 2015. Looks like Birmingham have been saved although only National League for the moment.

• Like 4

yes, i am see what you mean. we all have different views on riders, some good,some bad. but as yet i dont see any other view that will change my mind, other than a crimbo prezzie from him. but thats life. love him or hate him, he is a trier but the one thing that sticks in my mind will always be there, unless something changes..