British Speedway Forum
lewy

Plymouth 2015

He's he went down quite hard to,walked out of the stadium quite well on his own,hope alls ok Kyle.

I hate to say it, but even at this early stage of the season its looking like that 25-1 by the bookies was far to short, what on earth has happened to the Fish ? he really is the biggest let down for you guys so far this season, Young Ashley is holding his own but the guy you really need to try and get to guest for Sam Chapman is Bradley Wright Wilson, though he says he doesnt want to miss any Eastbourne meetings that shouldnt stop you trying..he would in my humble opinion be good for 6 per meeting, and is one of the best young prospects i have seen in a long time, he has a big future ahead of him.

• Like 1

I hate to say it, but even at this early stage of the season its looking like that 25-1 by the bookies was far to short, what on earth has happened to the Fish ? he really is the biggest let down for you guys so far this season, Young Ashley is holding his own but the guy you really need to try and get to guest for Sam Chapman is Bradley Wright Wilson, though he says he doesnt want to miss any Eastbourne meetings that shouldnt stop you trying..he would in my humble opinion be good for 6 per meeting, and is one of the best young prospects i have seen in a long time, he has a big future ahead of him.

he can't as he would join the PL on a 5.00 point average.

Edited by Mr Blobby

he can't as he would join the PL on a 5.00 point average.

Care to quote the SCB regulation that justifies that ?

He's an NL rider. They come in on a 3.00:

8.6.1 Riders new to Premier League racing are categorised as follows:

Cat 1: Riders with an “end of the previous season’s published average” in the Polish

Ekstraliga or the Swedish Elitserien of above 6.00 points and a Rider subject to a

Certificate of Sponsorship

Cat 2: Riders with an “end of the previous season’s published average” in the Polish

Ekstraliga or Swedish Elitserien of 6.00 and below plus ALL other Riders riding

currently in any Professional Speedway League,

Cat 3a: Riders not riding in a Professional Speedway League

Cat 3b: Commonwealth or USA (to a maximum of 4 each season) Riders new to British

Speedway

Cat 4: Riders who have ridden in the National Development League as an Amateur

18.6.2 The Assessed MA's for new Riders to the PL racing is:

Cat 1 8.00

Cat 2 7.00

Cat 3a 5.00

Cat 3b 7.00

Cat 4 3.00

What is clear is that things can't continue this way at SBA. Even the most loyal supporters (and Plymouth have some of the best) will be tested by results like this one.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

I hate to say it, but even at this early stage of the season its looking like that 25-1 by the bookies was far to short, what on earth has happened to the Fish ? he really is the biggest let down for you guys so far this season, Young Ashley is holding his own but the guy you really need to try and get to guest for Sam Chapman is Bradley Wright Wilson, though he says he doesnt want to miss any Eastbourne meetings .

who is bradley wright wilson ?

who is bradley wright wilson ?

:D My mistake it was a long day Lols, Bradley Wilson Dean or as we have become acustomed to saying in the NL BWD, he is a very impressive new talent in the NL and a rider who seems to have it all, he would definately bolster your bottom end, though its pretty apparent you quickly need The Fish to find some of his old form.

Wilson-Dean has been told by the BSPA that he will come in to the PL on a 5.00 average and Connor Dugard confirmed this.

Wilson-Dean has been told by the BSPA that he will come in to the PL on a 5.00 average and Connor Dugard confirmed this.

Given Plymouth have around 2.5 points to play with, they could still sign BWD to replace Chapman. Bit of a risk but at the moment it can't really get much worse!

I heard that too (actually I heard one club had been told 5.00, the other that it hadn't been decided).

Given that the rule is so clear, how have they come up with that figure ?

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 2

I was amongst a handful of 'moaners' that said the Fish was past it and was no longer the quality required to be a number one in a very competitive PL but it seems that point has been proven.

The Fish has always been a 'win it or bin it' type rider which while very exciting to watch can be incredibly frustrating. We need to strengthen both ends of the team and if we end up with another three pointer at reserve in place of Chapman, we could replace Fish with a 9+ point rider.

where are you going to get a 9+ rider from. the elite league is already full of pl men.

Let's face it the Plymouth promotion have never built a decent premier league side and for the majority of the time they have signed riders who are on the way down! The same old mistakes are made year on year and even before the season has truly started the supporters are already clamouring for changes! That in itself shows how poor the side currently is and what looks good on paper maybe the complete opposite on the track! If the promotion have a small budget then that's all they can really work too like any business but I heard on the grapevine that several large well known companies were willingly showing interest at investing large amounts of capital sponsorship but were flatly turned down due to the already signed sponsorship deal with the skills group which was significantly lower compared to what was offered! Plymouth folk can be a fickle bunch but the product on offer just isn't appealing as it once was and in my opinion Plymouth have missed the boat which I can only see going one way I'm afraid! Attendances have fallen year on year and that has never been addressed due to the shortsightedness of so many people associated with speedway in Plymouth! The club isn't even marketed in such a way as to appeal to the masses and sometimes I feel quite possibly the promotion want to keep things just as they are! As mentioned the boat has been missed and that boat has been calling into several ports picking up those passengers who's voices were once heard in the stands at Plymouth! It's a sorry state of affairs with several supporters displaying their dissatisfaction at a lack of fun, atmosphere etc I hope things improve but alas I believe Plymouth are looking at worse case scenario and may well end up going where Oxford, Weymouth, Newport and Reading have gone to!

I heard that too (actually I heard one club had been told 5.00, the other that it hadn't been decided).

Jack Holder comes to mind!

• Like 1

Why are you trying to look at this with a logical approach ??

The authorities running the sport have already shown that just because a rule exists, and to the vast majority appears very clear and concise, they come up with a different decision and then give no valid explanation, other than hiding behind the "it's in the best interests of the sport"

I, and no doubt many others, would be interested to know who exactly are making these decisions, is it the whole MC? Or just a selection, consulted at the time? As all members of MC have a vested interest in what happens to other teams there is a real chance accusations of favouritism, discrimination or, dare I say, corruption could be raised, certainly when there appears to be such high levels of inconsistency with the rulings made.

• Like 1