British Speedway Forum
lewy

Plymouth 2015

who is bradley wright wilson ?

is he the Tory candidate for Plymouth south?
  • Like 2

Let's face it the Plymouth promotion have never built a decent premier league side and for the majority of the time they have signed riders who are on the way down! The same old mistakes are made year on year and even before the season has truly started the supporters are already clamouring for changes! That in itself shows how poor the side currently is and what looks good on paper maybe the complete opposite on the track! If the promotion have a small budget then that's all they can really work too like any business but I heard on the grapevine that several large well known companies were willingly showing interest at investing large amounts of capital sponsorship but were flatly turned down due to the already signed sponsorship deal with the skills group which was significantly lower compared to what was offered! Plymouth folk can be a fickle bunch but the product on offer just isn't appealing as it once was and in my opinion Plymouth have missed the boat which I can only see going one way I'm afraid! Attendances have fallen year on year and that has never been addressed due to the shortsightedness of so many people associated with speedway in Plymouth! The club isn't even marketed in such a way as to appeal to the masses and sometimes I feel quite possibly the promotion want to keep things just as they are! As mentioned the boat has been missed and that boat has been calling into several ports picking up those passengers who's voices were once heard in the stands at Plymouth! It's a sorry state of affairs with several supporters displaying their dissatisfaction at a lack of fun, atmosphere etc I hope things improve but alas I believe Plymouth are looking at worse case scenario and may well end up going where Oxford, Weymouth, Newport and Reading have gone to!

care to name these large companies that were keen to sponsor the devils,i doubt it because you are talking crap

Let's face it the Plymouth promotion have never built a decent premier league side and for the majority of the time they have signed riders who are on the way down! The same old mistakes are made year on year and even before the season has truly started the supporters are already clamouring for changes! That in itself shows how poor the side currently is and what looks good on paper maybe the complete opposite on the track! If the promotion have a small budget then that's all they can really work too like any business but I heard on the grapevine that several large well known companies were willingly showing interest at investing large amounts of capital sponsorship but were flatly turned down due to the already signed sponsorship deal with the skills group which was significantly lower compared to what was offered! Plymouth folk can be a fickle bunch but the product on offer just isn't appealing as it once was and in my opinion Plymouth have missed the boat which I can only see going one way I'm afraid! Attendances have fallen year on year and that has never been addressed due to the shortsightedness of so many people associated with speedway in Plymouth! The club isn't even marketed in such a way as to appeal to the masses and sometimes I feel quite possibly the promotion want to keep things just as they are! As mentioned the boat has been missed and that boat has been calling into several ports picking up those passengers who's voices were once heard in the stands at Plymouth! It's a sorry state of affairs with several supporters displaying their dissatisfaction at a lack of fun, atmosphere etc I hope things improve but alas I believe Plymouth are looking at worse case scenario and may well end up going where Oxford, Weymouth, Newport and Reading have gone to!

care to name these large companies that were keen to sponsor the devils,i doubt it because you are talking crap

To explain the above posts. I work closely with the promotion and there were no companies turned away due to skills group sponsorship.

This would be incredibly hypocritical as skills groups business is about promoting quality training. So the more business involved with speedway the better it is for skills group.........This is one way to promote, build partnerships and expand.

• Like 1

Why are you trying to look at this with a logical approach ??

The authorities running the sport have already shown that just because a rule exists, and to the vast majority appears very clear and concise, they come up with a different decision and then give no valid explanation, other than hiding behind the "it's in the best interests of the sport"

I, and no doubt many others, would be interested to know who exactly are making these decisions, is it the whole MC? Or just a selection, consulted at the time? As all members of MC have a vested interest in what happens to other teams there is a real chance accusations of favouritism, discrimination or, dare I say, corruption could be raised, certainly when there appears to be such high levels of inconsistency with the rulings made.

It must be my ridiculous and naïve belief that the sport should be run to the rule book. You'd think I'd become accustomed to such bizarre decisions by now, wouldn't you ?

You cant have a rule book and 'the best interests of the sport'. One or the other but not both.

Your final paragraph is spot on. I'd like to know too.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

Let's face it the Plymouth promotion have never built a decent premier league side and for the majority of the time they have signed riders who are on the way down! The same old mistakes are made year on year and even before the season has truly started the supporters are already clamouring for changes! That in itself shows how poor the side currently is and what looks good on paper maybe the complete opposite on the track! If the promotion have a small budget then that's all they can really work too like any business but I heard on the grapevine that several large well known companies were willingly showing interest at investing large amounts of capital sponsorship but were flatly turned down due to the already signed sponsorship deal with the skills group which was significantly lower compared to what was offered! Plymouth folk can be a fickle bunch but the product on offer just isn't appealing as it once was and in my opinion Plymouth have missed the boat which I can only see going one way I'm afraid! Attendances have fallen year on year and that has never been addressed due to the shortsightedness of so many people associated with speedway in Plymouth! The club isn't even marketed in such a way as to appeal to the masses and sometimes I feel quite possibly the promotion want to keep things just as they are! As mentioned the boat has been

missed and that boat has been calling into several ports picking up those passengers who's voices were once heard in the stands at Plymouth! It's a sorry state of affairs with several supporters displaying their dissatisfaction at a lack of fun, atmosphere etc I hope things improve but alas I believe Plymouth are looking at worse case scenario and may well end up going where Oxford, Weymouth, Newport and Reading have gone to!

Your glass really is half empty is t it? When you say 'the majority of the time the club sign riders who are on the way down', how about the signing of Ben Barker a few years ago? What about Mikkel B Jensen? What about Jack Holder? Three terrific signings in my opinion.

Plymouth have a superb little track with a huge catchment area for a fan base. Once they find the key to a decent side, the crowds will pour into the SBA, mark my words.

• Like 3

Sorry, I don't follow you.

After last nights surprise result against Somerset I like the look of the revised septet which has Todd Kurtz at reserve. If James Wright can hit any sort of form the Devils could be in with a late run.I see Newman is back at No1 , that could be a problem as he clearly struggled there before. The fans down there have been starved of a good side for too long, good luck to them if they can string a few results together, but not tonight of course lol.

Good meeting tonight rebels tried hard but the devils seem to have all clicked just hope its not to late