British Speedway Forum
g13webb

Posf2 Poole V Kings Lynn

I think just recently Garrity has been a bit of a liability. Constantly over riding and throwing points away for fun. Sargent is Coventry's best reserve currently.

How many meetings have you watched with the 2 Coventry reserves? Although I agree Garrity has the tendency to over-ride, he has not thrown away many points. Sarjeant has definitely come good just at the right time for Coventry but I would still put Garrity as the best of the 2 reserves by some margin.

Edited by TesarRacing
  • Like 2

Stronger options I guess, would imagine Batchelor replaces King while Nicholls is rumoured to be on his way to Torun and Wright probably wants to concentrate on Friday with Somerset as he is carrying an injury and Garrity is stronger than Ellis.

Agree about cup-tying though, riders who race for a top four team shouldn't be able to guest once the Play Offs begin.

If I were to bet, I'd say Batchelor will replace Cook (ie for Ward) and Kennett will continue for Grajczonek, so that Cook would be available next week if necessary. King was guesting for Milik, who should now be available.

Fully agree about cup-tying, it's ridiculous that three of the fourteen riders will have appeared in both semis.

There's no doubt that Poole ballsed up this time, but Buster has had more than a couple of "moments" aswell.

All track men have I expect. Buster hasnt for a good while though, and mainly just after the fall out with Huggy. The most high profile was the ELRC in 2007 but he was able to rectify that on the night.

The main thing that Buster has in his favour is the equipment at his disposal which few other tracks have. If he had created a hole last Monday and not been able to fill it I'd be just as critical, cocking it up for a Play Off meeting is pretty inexcusable.

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 1

All track men have I expect. Buster hasnt for a good while though, and mainly just after the fall out with Huggy. The most high profile was the ELRC in 2007 but he was able to rectify that on the night.

The main thing that Buster has in his favour is the equipment at his disposal which few other tracks have. If he had created a hole last Monday and not been able to fill it I'd be just as critical, cocking it up for a Play Off meeting is pretty inexcusable.

main thing Buster has is all the gear and knows how to use it rather than no gear and no idea that most track men seem to be
  • Like 3

Owning your own stadium, machinery and with space to store your own shale certainly should give the edge over many other tracks!!

• Like 1

Owning your own stadium, machinery and with space to store your own shale certainly should give the edge over many other tracks!!

bob dugard owns the stadium and the machinery, but ain't got no shale to store!
  • Like 2

If he had created a hole last Monday and not been able to fill it I'd be just as critical, cocking it up for a Play Off meeting is pretty inexcusable.

Buster never created a hole. He bought one !!! Now look at it. :rofl: Huggy was streaks ahead of Buster has a track man. The riders only had to tell Huggy how they wanted it and he delivered it. Back in the day Crumpie had the track set up for perfect, thanks to Huggy. Not sure all the other riders were that happy, but I as Crump was the main man of the time. he had it his way.

main thing Buster has is all the gear and knows how to use it rather than no gear and no idea that most track men seem to be

Seem to be, or have?: Seems like you have no idea either.. Just waffling for the sake of waffling. Which is pretty standard on this forum..

If he had created a hole last Monday and not been able to fill it I'd be just as critical, cocking it up for a Play Off meeting is pretty inexcusable.

Buster never created a hole. He bought one !!! Now look at it. :rofl: Huggy was streaks ahead of Buster has a track man. The riders only had to tell Huggy how they wanted it and he delivered it. Back in the day Crumpie had the track set up for perfect, thanks to Huggy. Not sure all the other riders were that happy, but I as Crump was the main man of the time. he had it his way.

I do hope Jason paid him well ?

Does it matter who rides for who ? Its all a circus. Just paid guns for hire. Most riders dont even know what the match scores are during a meeting, but you can bet ya bottom dollar they know how exactly how many ponts they are being paid for.

Its not just speedway Lewis Hamilton said at the last f1 gp that he didn't know how many points he had!

I doubt Hamilton knows how many cars he has either, with his kind of money is it any wonder. F1 is not a team Sport, as proved by Hamilton and Rosberg this season. Having said that after watching that horrific accident on Sunday they deserve every penny.

I think just recently Garrity has been a bit of a liability. Constantly over riding and throwing points away for fun. Sargent is Coventry's best reserve currently.

I like Sarjeant but that did make me laugh, apart from the 2nd Leg Garrity has outscored Sarjeant in practically every meeting!

• Like 1

That's the difference between most Lynn and most Poole fans, Lynn fans own up to things that are wrong ..... it's like parents who pretend their kids are perfect and then those who are realistic about them .....
  • Like 3

With rain expected all week, what happens if the second semi can't be run before Monday?

The team that finished higher in the regular season goes through.

Edited by Morrissey Fan
  • Like 1