British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2015

Wouldn't touch Greaves with a bargepole. Everytime I saw him he fell off and had issues turning the bike. The fact was he wouldn't listen to anyone and doesn't help himself. seems like a bad apple and may not be good for morale

Total crap do you know him personally?

Wouldn't touch Greaves with a bargepole. Everytime I saw him he fell off and had issues turning the bike. The fact was he wouldn't listen to anyone and doesn't help himself. seems like a bad apple and may not be good for morale

I agree with that, didnt impress me when I saw him and swindon cant think he is that good or they would have got him.
  • Like 1

Total crap do you know him personally?

Nope didn't say I did!

I fully believe the words of Rosco and Batchelor though.

And also Greaves said some daft things about Swindon slagging off the riders and promotion.

He also got involved in the fracas at Coventry going into the crowd

No I don't know him hence I said ' seems like a bad apple' not 'is a bad apple' big difference

• Like 1

Nope didn't say I did!

I fully believe the words of Rosco and Batchelor though.

And also Greaves said some daft things about Swindon slagging off the riders and promotion.

He also got involved in the fracas at Coventry going into the crowd

No I don't know him hence I said ' seems like a bad apple' not 'is a bad apple' big difference

A terrible statement to make about him by yourself, and lets not kid ourselves Batchelor/Rossiter are not overly popular with everyone within speedway.Whatever the rights or wrong's of the spat, Rossiter should never of made the comments in the first place keep it in house he should know that he was a ex rider himself.

If it was me I would go for Robert Branford.

A terrible statement to make about him by yourself, and lets not kid ourselves Batchelor/Rossiter are not overly popular with everyone within speedway.Whatever the rights or wrong's of the spat, Rossiter should never of made the comments in the first place keep it in house he should know that he was a ex rider himself.

what terrible statement have I made?

said he falls off a lot

fell out with promotion and riders

involved with supporters at a track

SEEMS a bad apple

might not be good for morale.

its my opinion that's all. I haven't abused him as a person.

why then has he not been snapped up if people think he is good enough?

• Like 1

As suspected no real surprises with the team announcement other than the shock retirement of Joe Jacobs.

Shame to see him fall by the way side. Hopefully a year out will make him re-discover a love of the sport again. Not many options out there. Can't say Ashley Morris fills me with much excitement but we have to go with whatever options are available.

Did sense a quiet determination to make amends for last season. Certainly rare for a team to finish so high in the league to be able to keep their top 5 together. Now up to the middle order to push on. If not, don't think they'll be slow to make changes if someone is not performing.

Also nice to hear Buster talking about further stadium improvements on the back straight . The Norfolk Arena has come along way since the Saddlebow Road days and Buster deserves enormous credit for turning the place around.

Roll on March 15th!

• Like 3

who you refering to panthers ??? We've been told there all paid up

Eventually maybe, but they went a very long time with no money. Not the way to treat struggling young riders.

Eventually maybe, but they went a very long time with no money. Not the way to treat struggling young riders.

Sadly they are not alone.

• Like 1

Admission prices likely to rise but no confirmation with the same top 5 but looking to make the evenings more entertaining with off track ideas.

Something to keep an eye on

Great to hear of further possible stadium changes. Hopefully the backstraight will remain covered as there has to be somewhere to go on those rainy nights.

With regards the same 6 as last year, I'm still a bit hmmmm. In a bit of no man's land as it could storm the league or flop as most of the other teams strengthen up. Lambert getting regular racing in the PL can only be a plus but with added risk. There's definitely scope for all the top 5 to increase their averages.

I'd say I'm looking forward to 2015 but admission prices could be the damp squid

• Like 1

Enjoyed our night of Speedway talks, As been said the same 1-5 as last year. Interesting to hear that all the riders so wanted to be a Lynn, and the amount of interest some received from other clubs. Hearing about Joe Jacobs retiring, seem quite ironic, that as a club, we have a few riders to fit the bill yet the only rider from last year that is missing is Lewis Rose and we weren't allowed to keep him. Talk about stupid FTR rules.......

Amazed to see so many familiar faces there. We arrive a 7pm as suggested and the place was heaving. Standing room only..... Needless to say, every one is missing the weekly dose of Castrol R. I have a contented feel to 2015. Deep down I believe we were the best last year and should have won, But fate dictated the end results. Next year should be our time.....

Can't wait for next year, but March seems a long way off.....

There was plenty about the draft which was stupid, but Lewis Rose going elsewhere wasn't. Even if the draft had been conducted correctly we wouldn't have got him as we finished so high, and that is how a draft should be.

The idea of a draft selection is for the Best team to have the last pick and the worse to select first. Except when your name is POOLE.

It is not meant to penalise the clubs that do most for encouraging riders. I'm all for being FAIR in everything. But conducting business, like what was done in sorting out the positions of the top riders was nothing short than scandalous.

But then again, If I said the sky was blue, and water was wet, you would disagree with me..........

• Like 1