British Speedway Forum

What this means for Richard and Lakeside is that he either goes EL full time or Lakeside will not have first call on his services if there is a clash with his PL club.

I suppose it was only a matter of time before the forums Chief Lakeside Hater appeared, putting his negative spin on it without bothering to chech the facts.

The facts are that the Lakeside website said quite openly at the start of last season that they wanted to secure Richards services rather than having to use guests when his PL club had fixtures and that was one of the reasons for the arrangement.One of the big moans from fans generally last year was the use of guests and Lakeside took steps to avoid that. How on earth is it a "stunt" if it's a legal,contractual arrangement by both parties ?

What seems to have thrown a spanner in the works is that Richsrd, for whatever reason clearly doesn't want to go back and ride for the Workington promotion

I agree it gets a bit tedious when bigcatdiary keeps turning up with his constant sniping against Lakeside, making himself look a bit stupid in the process, but I think the forum generally ought to wait and see which PL club Richard signs for, before jumping to conclusions, and the picture may then become clearer.

A lot of this was discussed at the fans forum last month so those who were there have a pretty good idea what has gone on, and it was said that it could be as late as January before a formal announcement can be made,I think Workington may have jumped the gun with their announcement before everything has been fully resolved.

???

I suppose it was only a matter of time before the forums Chief Lakeside Hater appeared, putting his negative spin on it without bothering to chech the facts.

The facts are that the Lakeside website said quite openly at the start of last season that they wanted to secure Richards services rather than having to use guests when his PL club had fixtures and that was one of the reasons for the arrangement.One of the big moans from fans generally last year was the use of guests and Lakeside took steps to avoid that. How on earth is it a "stunt" if it's a legal,contractual arrangement by both parties ?

What seems to have thrown a spanner in the works is that Richsrd, for whatever reason clearly doesn't want to go back and ride for the Workington promotion

So what the the other reasons then, saying it was a contract and therefore ok is only your opinion it certainly isn't mine, it was just yet another example of one club shafting another and bypassing the regulation which states PL clubs have priority if the rider isn't owned by the EL club.

Some people might think that's being clever but it's just manipulating the rules to suit which are a bloody joke to start with.

And how did this help Redcar who had to use guests when LAWSON was missing whilst riding for Lakeside.

Perhaps you should remove yourself from Cooks rectum occasionally it might make you see things from a different perspective.

Edited by bigcatdiary

So what the the other reasons then, saying it was a contract and therefore ok is only your opinion it certainly isn't mine, it was just yet another example of one club shafting another and bypassing the regulation which states PL clubs have priority if the rider isn't owned by the EL club.

Some people might think that's being clever but it's just manipulating the rules to suit which are a bloody joke to start with.

And how did this help Redcar who had to use guests when LAWSON was missing whilst riding for Lakeside.

Perhaps you should remove yourself from Cooks rectum occasionally it might make you see things from a different perspective.

Whether the rules are a joke or not is not the issue. It was within the rules, and the contract was a legal one. it goes without saying that whenever there is a double up rider one or other of the clubs involved is going to have to use guests, that is a problem that the sport wrestles with and the fans complain about, but once that situation exists promoters are entitled to do what they can to protect their interests. Redcar could have bought Richard if they wanted.

It is interesting that you never came on here complaining when the arrangement was well publicised on the Workington,, Lakeside and SCB websites before the season started, its only when you saw the opportunity to take one of your cheap shots at Lakeside you decided to enter the debate. But not to worry, Lakeside supporters have the satisfaction of knowing that in a difficult speedway climate they have a crowd big enough and sufficient sponsors to support EL racing and enough youngsters to form an NL team side for cup and challenge matches, plus they are doing something to bring some youngsters on in the Hagon Shocks Academy. None of your constant sniping about the track, the team or the promotion will change that.

• Like 1

I don't think it was 'one club shafting' another I think it was Lakeside ensuring that they had first call on Lawson's services, and I am wondering precisely what is wrong with that.

If Lakeside hadn't bought the contract - and Laura Morgan has clearly said there was a buy back clause - it would have been them using the guests, not Redcar.

What's the difference ?

It might be manipulating the rules, but as far as I concerned it is clever.

What you are suggesting is that Lakeside should simply have accepted a situation that would have done them no favours at all and not made any attempt whatsoever to change the circumstances in their favour. I can just imagine what your comments about the Peterborough promotion would have been if they behaved like that.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

Why would Lakeside worry about Redcar? If they hadn't bought him then Redcar would have had first dibs - how is that fair when they don't even have him as an asset? Only in speedway would the second division take priority over the top division - absolute bonkers!! Edited by Steve0

Can I ask what the difference is this year? He is rumoured to be signing for Glasgow, and surely they'll have priority over him should fixtures clash?

Can I ask what the difference is this year? He is rumoured to be signing for Glasgow, and surely they'll have priority over him should fixtures clash?

Depends who signs him first. Only the asset club gets immediate priority, after that it's who gets the squiggle on paper quickest is how I understand it.

Depends who signs him first. Only the asset club gets immediate priority, after that it's who gets the squiggle on paper quickest is how I understand it.

Fair enough, I thought it was the PL team.

Fair enough, I thought it was the PL team.

I thought it was always the PL unless its an EL asset??

• Like 1

I thought it was always the PL unless its an EL asset??

It was and maybe still is but I'm sure I read somewhere that's it's now who signs who first unless it's the asset club which takes priority.

It was and maybe still is but I'm sure I read somewhere that's it's now who signs who first unless it's the asset club which takes priority.

More rule confusion , season after season.

Obviously there are some issues to be resolved that are not general knowledge yet. To those of us not involved in the negotiations it would seem to be a simple matter of someone signing on the dotted line but obviously there is a bit more to it than that. Maybe some sort of deal is being worked out on availability/avoidance of fixture clashes. We won't know the full picture until there is an announcement.

just saying that he is signing for Glasgow means nothing. If they want him as an asset he could still be loaned to Lakeside and not be a double up rider.