British Speedway Forum

Evans has always said he is not guilty ? so from his point of view why would he show any remorse and why would he apologised ?

Let's Just said it happen to you and you were not guilty .. what would you do ? show remorse and apologised for something you never did or maintain your innocent .

pity for him a jury and two sets of appeal judges dont agree with him

And ? The fact remains in Evans eyes he says he not guilty ..so it's pretty stupid for people not to understand why he unlikely to show any remorse why he protests his innocent

What do you expect him to do ? bring out a statement saying that he really is sorry for a something he never did ?

• Like 2

Try wikipedia

Well how come Chris Louis and Sophie Blake ask decent questions then and don't look wooden ?

Years ago on BSF I said that Sophie says what she's told to say/ask. Maybe she's learned! After all she has the master of the arts to tell/ teach her as things move on... Havent seen her "shows" for years, but always thought she was good.

As to Louis... Havent really liked him on tv, partially because of his wooden appeareance. But this year, having seen more of him he''s actually looking a bit of a natural...

what you say is of course true but many many people think this was not a fair outcome. It certainly seemed not to be a cut and dried case from what i read and although i do not condone rape or even infidelity there seemed to me scope for reasonable doubt as to his guilt. I wasn't at the trial i know but it was widely reported.

the fact that people are disagreeing on various forums shows that a different jury may have reached a different conclusion

we have a current young world speedway star who found himself in not dissimilar circumstances not too long ago and his outcome was different.

Besides the only link to this forum is Charlie Webster and she has shown herself to be rather hypocritical.

• Like 2

So what would you do if you were innocent in his situation?

Would you give some sort of grovelling apology - because if you did - you would be very stupid. To offer an apology if you were innocent would be tantamount to admitting Guilt.

Or - can't you see that?

I don't know whether he is Guilty or not - Courts have got things wrong before. The 'Birmingham Six' spring to mind.

Edited by The White Knight
  • Like 2

So what would you do if you were innocent in his situation?

Would you give some sort of grovelling apology - because if you did - you would be very stupid. To offer an apology if you were innocent would be tantamount to admitting Guilt.

Or - can't you see that?

I don't know whether he is Guilty or not - Courts have got things wrong before. The 'Birmingham Six' spring to mind.

White Knight and Orion in agree shocker :shock:

• Like 1

White Knight and Orion in agree shocker :shock:

Nice one orion. :t::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Nice one orion. :t::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

He's right though. Why accept it, if you know or believe you are not guilty? I know I bloody wouldn't!!

As for Miss Webster, I've never been a fan, she IS wooden, not only when she's interviewing riders in the pits but when she's on Sky news. She totally lacks charisma and the skills of on interviewer imo. ...She doesn't appear to have even tried to understand the sport and lets be honest it's not that hard!

Why we need a woman in the pits, is up for debate anyway, I just want relevant questions that encourage relevant answers. I don't care who does it!

I saw the 'This Week' programme and I thought she didn't come across at all well, She lacked any objectivity. In fact, I thought she was embarrassing and said at the time that the girl needs to go and get some counselling!

She may be intelligent, she may seem attractive to some, she may do loads of charity work, but I don't see, or understand how she is in the position she is in..

My opinion of course... :)

• Like 7

Just heard Charlie talking about the Ched Evans case on Radio 4. I think she is wrong on this one, and dare I say it, she is using this incident to focus some attention on her.

Just heard Charlie talking about the Ched Evans case on Radio 4. I think she is wrong on this one, and dare I say it, she is using this incident to focus some attention on her.

Disagree with the above post, the same point had been raised by Ched Evans family on Twitter. Charlie has been a spokesperson on this topic for a long time, often on broadcast media. As a SUFC ambassador/fan it was important that she represented the victims point of view amongst the SUFC community.

In general terms Charlie is clearly a hard working, good solid pro. Speedway may not necessarily be her speciality, but a job needed doing and it got done. I'd employ her in a heartbeat.

• Like 3

the fact that people are disagreeing on various forums shows that a different jury may have reached a different conclusion

Difference being that the Jury and the appeal court judges will have had ALL the facts in front of them. Can't disagree though that if he is maintaining his innocence there can be no reason for remorse or apologies.

• Like 2

100% correct

The same woman who said think about Tyson being a hero!!! and an idol!!

He maybe a rapist,and was convicted,served his time and now should be allowed to get on with his life without folk like her trying to cause trouble and get publicity

Its all when and good saying he shouldnt be allowed to play footy again---these folk can never say what he can do

as i see it the justice system as done his job and he should be able to move on,its defo got sweet FA to do with her!!

Edited by montie
  • Like 3

Because Sophie Blake is far superior and doesn't ask stupid questions?

All the vest

Rob

Not sure Scotty Nicholls would always agree with that statement??!! :D