British Speedway Forum

It seems it's the BSPA at fault here with dishing out incorrect information - which if posts on here to be believed they have now informed Somerset Holder is now a 7.00.

I'd be amazed if Charles went and can't see Holder being dropped either after securing his signing in the first place - it could be Worrall on the way to the exit.

should a visa be issued at all regardless of average if it means a British rider is dropped?
  • Like 3

Maybe the bright young aussies dont come over and that will give some bright young brits a pl team place and that a good thing imo

• Like 4

should a visa be issued at all regardless of average if it means a British rider is dropped?

if there was enough british riders up to the quality we demand then you would have a argument

but the simple fact is we need overseas riders to get the standard up high enough to run the leagues

It seems it's the BSPA at fault here with dishing out incorrect information - which if posts on here to be believed they have now informed Somerset Holder is now a 7.00.

I'd be amazed if Charles went and can't see Holder being dropped either after securing his signing in the first place - it could be Worrall on the way to the exit.

maybe explains why newcastle have not anounced many riders yet

• Like 1

if there was enough british riders up to the quality we demand then you would have a argument

but the simple fact is we need overseas riders to get the standard up high enough to run the leagues

maybe explains why newcastle have not anounced many riders yet

so if Worrall is dropped and has no team place that wouldnt be about not being up to quality would it? It would be a direct Brit out - visa rider in.

I think that arguement is abit of a non starter personally - you could claim for every Aussie (or European) rider signed they are taking a Brits place in a side and whilst we continue to have a points limit that will always be the case.

I do think there's every chance the promotion have already got someone in mind to come in on a 5.00 average that will replace either Holder or Worrall. Far from ideal situation whoever gets the chop.

• Like 3

Just seen on the Rebels site it's 5 years since we lost Emil Kramer, great Rebels servant RIP.

the time has certainly flown in since his passing. great servant for somerset and sadly missed.

Scunthorpe and Workington seemed to know about the new averages for Aussies so saying that the BSPA are at fault is rubbish.

• Like 2

so if Worrall is dropped and has no team place that wouldnt be about not being up to quality would it? It would be a direct Brit out - visa rider in.

Pity there is not a 'Not Like' button on here cos that end bit is highly likely. Mind you, your loss would be our gain.

Scunthorpe and Workington seemed to know about the new averages for Aussies so saying that the BSPA are at fault is rubbish.

Berwick & Somerset apparently didn't and its just possible that Sheffield didn't either.

One or two seem to be suggesting that Somerset brought Holder in because they had BSPA authorisation that he would be a 5.00 and the latter now don't have the honesty to admit they got it wrong. To me, that's entirely believable. Its certainly their fault that no public statement regarding averages was made following (or before) the AGM which would have killed any argument stone dead.

I think this is a matter of confusion rather than a deliberate attempt to break the rules - after all, who puts a rider in on a 5.00 knowing full well he's a 7.00 - and that's not down to Somerset.

• Like 2

Berwick & Somerset apparently didn't and its just possible that Sheffield didn't either.

Sheffield can be left out of this argument, go and have a look at Arthur Sissis's twitter and it's stated on there by Arthur himself he doesn't need a work permit as he rides on an. EU passport (Greek I believe)

• Like 1

Sheffield can be left out of this argument, go and have a look at Arthur Sissis's twitter and it's stated on there by Arthur himself he doesn't need a work permit as he rides on an. EU passport (Greek I believe)

I don't dispute that. The question is whether Sheffield knew that when they signed him, because they certainly didn't mention it.

Word I got was that another club went after him but abandoned the plan because they thought he'd be a 7.00.

It must be a possibility (which is why I qualified the original post)that Sheffield weren't aware of his dual nationality and signed him thinking he'd be a 5.00 anyway.

I think that arguement is abit of a non starter personally - you could claim for every Aussie (or European) rider signed they are taking a Brits place in a side and whilst we continue to have a points limit that will always be the case.

I do think there's every chance the promotion have already got someone in mind to come in on a 5.00 average that will replace either Holder or Worrall. Far from ideal situation whoever gets the chop.

can see your point but existing visa holders could legitimately be considered differently to new applicants in terms of not increasing the numbers further as a 'saturation point' has bern reached.

i take it holder and allen are now classed as as 7.00 riders.

Just seen on the Rebels site it's 5 years since we lost Emil Kramer, great Rebels servant RIP.

hard to believe its 5 years still sad when its brought up though

worrall wont be left without a job