British Speedway Forum

probably because the BSPA office treated the Visa and Immigration people with the same arrogance and disdain as they treat everyone else the government department have been watching things very closely indeed. They know the averages of every rider in British Speedway and they arent going away, currently non EU riders are only allowed at all because the Natio nal League exists and is considered to be a training scheme to bring on BRITISH riders to replace (Eventually) non EU riders in the Premier and Elite Leagues. Thats why the National League is only allowed British riders, without the NL acting as a training league there would be NO non EU riders in British speedway.

• Like 1

interesting comments about the nl riders being british. who is zac woll === , something or other doing rididng in the nl for birmingham. i take it he is british.. please forgive my ignorance.

interesting comments about the nl riders being british. who is zac woll === , something or other doing rididng in the nl for birmingham. i take it he is british.. please forgive my ignorance.

We forgive you.

well seeing its Christmas., and goodwill to all ..

You may mean Zach Wajtknecht

Nationality British, lives in Saltford near Bristol.

Edited by ancient mariner

another interesting FACT on the allen/holder saga is in the 2015 signings section allen has been changed to a 7.00 average but holder remains a 5.00

is there something in that or just not been altered

another interesting FACT on the allen/holder saga is in the 2015 signings section allen has been changed to a 7.00 average but holder remains a 5.00

The BSPA site doesn't show any averages next to the riders names.

If what I'm hearing for various sources is true there are no "facts" at present. From what I can piece together the BSPA have messed up for years UKV&I (formly UKBA) have told them they are naughty boys a called a meeting for January. Some seem to think this means that the UKV&I are going to say you naughty boys, slapped wrist and go back to the figures we agreed over 10 years ago and don't do it again. Other think they might listen to the BSPA as the approved experts and accept 5 is fair. Yet it's not impossible they could listen to the BSPAs "expert" advise and chose their own set of rules.

So until they have the January meeting, nobody knows. I guess thats why Somerset went down this route. If they had signed a team 2 points under the limit they may have struggled to build back up and decided the risk this way was less than the risk of building 2 points lower.

Edited by SCB

there is 1 FACT and that is the 1 ive pointed out regardless if any or both are true or false berwicks riders average has been changed on the listing thats the FACT ive pointed out

[/quote

but this site does and i think that is what scarra is on about. looks lik berwick are doing the right thing by haveing allen on a 7. while somerset are lagging behing and are wearing # the cant see me suit and hope to get away with pleasing ignorance once again..

[/quote

but this site does and i think that is what scarra is on about. looks lik berwick are doing the right thing by haveing allen on a 7. while somerset are lagging behing and are wearing # the cant see me suit and hope to get away with pleasing ignorance once again..

cant blame Somerset for a thread on here not being changed!

Its down to the author of the thread to update the OP.

Point the finger in the right direction.

If what I'm hearing for various sources is true there are no "facts" at present. From what I can piece together the BSPA have messed up for years UKV&I (formly UKBA) have told them they are naughty boys a called a meeting for January. Some seem to think this means that the UKV&I are going to say you naughty boys, slapped wrist and go back to the figures we agreed over 10 years ago and don't do it again. Other think they might listen to the BSPA as the approved experts and accept 5 is fair. Yet it's not impossible they could listen to the BSPAs "expert" advise and chose their own set of rules.

So until they have the January meeting, nobody knows. I guess thats why Somerset went down this route. If they had signed a team 2 points under the limit they may have struggled to build back up and decided the risk this way was less than the risk of building 2 points lower.

and the BSPA have already had a 4 hour meeting with the UKV&I last month - which apparently got 'quite heated'!!

cant blame Somerset for a thread on here not being changed!

Its down to the author of the thread to update the OP.

Point the finger in the right direction.

not blaming anyone just pointing out 1 sides rider has changed but not the other and interested to know why

has 1 team be told something

has both teams been told something

or is it just people coming to there own conclusion

like most neautral fans we are all waiting to see the outcome and it is off interest to all fans as to which way it goes and indeed if its the same for all teams

not blaming anyone just pointing out 1 sides rider has changed but not the other and interested to know why

has 1 team be told something

has both teams been told something

or is it just people coming to there own conclusion

like most neautral fans we are all waiting to see the outcome and it is off interest to all fans as to which way it goes and indeed if its the same for all teams

I think it is more a case of things being on hold till clarification is sought, and then announced.

• Like 1

there is 1 FACT and that is the 1 ive pointed out regardless if any or both are true or false berwicks riders average has been changed on the listing thats the FACT ive pointed out

If there is to be a meeting to clarify the situation stupid move to pre suppose the result and change your line up imo. You may indeed end up two points under the limit. The smart move would be to do nothing at the moment but have a back up in place if the 7 is ratified.

• Like 1