British Speedway Forum

Can't beleive it if it's true can see a few supporters walking away

did not have best of crowds last year, cant afford to lose many more!

I have to hold my hands up,I said last year pontus was a poor signing so what do I know ,so let's get behind the team and we will see what max can do at the ota(3 months till March,plenty off time for team to change buy then!!)

Edited by coomie

Jeez Max Dilger, Rebels would have been far far better giving young Nathan Greaves a Team Spot, it would have been a year of settling in to PL but Rebels would have benefitted in 2016, Dilger well how many chances has he had ?.

• Like 3

I had and I still think its a joke, gone from table toppers to also rans in one fell swoop.

I think you and a few others will be surprised at how they perform once the season starts.

Has May lost the plot.

In short, no. Who would you have signed at this short notice?

The Lanham/Holder switch makes sense with the average situation but why kick out Greenwood too?

Olly asked to be released due to work commitments.

Disasterous.

Wait and see. I think Leigh will improve at Somerset in much the same way Olly Allen did. Dilger, having come back too early from a wrist injury last year, is currently in a fitness camp in preparation for the new season and I think he'll go well at the Oak Tree.

To those of you quick to criticize Gary I would say this. Garry (and he is not alone in this) is not in a position to defend himself publicly (for reasons that I cannot go into), but did build his team in accordance to the information provided to him.

• Like 5

According to Dilger's twitter feed, he's had a knee op and is in the process of having a knee brace fitted, that bodes well

Edited by Buttons

Actually I am not too concerned by this forced alteration after the average mix up by the BSPA and still think this Rebels team will be up there competing come September. Yes i was looking forward to seeing Jack Holder but remember we had to wait an extra year to see Brady in action and what happened during that season??? ....... oh yes we won the League amongst a fair few other things!Think Holder is probably pencilled into the 2016 Rebels team already.

I think Lanham will bring a lot to the team as with an injury free season he will make a mockery of that average of 4.90. I can see a couple of points being added to that figure plus he also brings some experience off track, much like Olly Allen did in 2014. With Lanham you have more idea what you will get but with Holder it was a risk as they had no idea exactly how he would take to British speedway, admittedly he could have very good but he could also could have struggled to live up to his bigger brother's name.

As was stated on Rebels site Olly Greenwood stood down himself due to his work commitments so with hardly any points to play with what was Garry supposed to do? Max hasn't really set the PL on fire but is a capable rider and does again have the experience of the PL tracks and he will take the pressure off of Starkey a bit, who is the highest average reserve. Personally i saw the Greenwood/Starke reserve pairing as being a bit weaker than the reserve duo's we have enjoyed in the past few seasons. Anyway the OTA has a good record with 'ze Germans' as Kattman, Kroger and the Hef have all been well liked by the Somerset fans in their time there so i am sure Max will be fine.

As they do every year i am sure the Somerset fans will get behind the seven riders who come to the tapes in March in Cases Rebels colours. Those 7 riders will certainly develop the 'Somerset spirit' which has carrying us through the past few seasons and all will be good again. Remember last year when Pontus signed, after the Brady confusion, not many people rated that as a good signing but he was probably very close to being rider of the year and not one Rebels fan would have moaned to see him back in 2015.

For all the whingers out there the Rebels team is now 'legal' so what excuses have you got when they beat you now????

I think you and a few others will be surprised at how they perform once the season starts.

In short, no. Who would you have signed at this short notice?

Olly asked to be released due to work commitments.

Wait and see. I think Leigh will improve at Somerset in much the same way Olly Allen did. Dilger, having come back too early from a wrist injury last year, is currently in a fitness camp in preparation for the new season and I think he'll go well at the Oak Tree.

To those of you quick to criticize Gary I would say this. Garry (and he is not alone in this) is not in a position to defend himself publicly (for reasons that I cannot go into), but did build his team in accordance to the information provided to him.

Well said Nick, I know where you are coming from!!

• Like 3

the B.S.P.A. didnt muck up the rules .. you know who did..

• Like 1

Why does Dilger keep getting fixed up, there are plenty of British youngsters worthy of a place.

Can't believe Dilger is so much sought after,does he bring his Sponsers money to the Clubs same as F1 drivers.!!!!!!!!!

how the mighty have fallen! Dilger!!!! Enough said! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 1

peterborough are running fridays next year aint they?? So he wouldnt be able to commit surely :)

Team looks awful now....

The way I read the statement was that he wouldn't be able to make Somerset in time after work, but Am I right in saying he is fairly local to P'boro so he will manage to get there easily after work?

I may be wrong though?

With all due respect max dilger. Never done anYthsie of note in British speedway was garbage for us at Edinburgh. Didn't pull up any trees at Redcar and was quite frankly awful at Peterborough.

Bug good luck to somerset. They have a good track record and they be the club to get the best out of max.

Must be someone better than dilger out there they had upto 3.32 that is quite frankly awful, lanham is a good signing for his average

• Like 1

Must be someone better than dilger out there they had upto 3.32 that is quite frankly awful, lanham is a good signing for his average

Not many decent 3 pointers about though, but isn't that the case with ALL 3 pointers?

Greaves, Perry, D Greenwood, Morley etc could all do a job......

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut