British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CaptainAudi

Edinburgh 2015.

Think Agent Kevin will up his game. Doubtful that the team will be as strong as this year's, but it's still very capable of play offs.

He is capable but wether he will is up for debate thing about Wolbert is you don't know what you are getting from him from one minute to the next far too inconsistent and his machinery was in general poor but on the average he is on it technically shouldn't fall any further but never count your chickens with him.

Why do you think he hasn't tried to get contracts abroad?

Ah but gavan knows everthing about what Craig wants to achieve!

Another strong looking team though not as good as last year should still see you make the play offs.

Dont blame you for wanting Cook back but cant believe he hasnt made the step up full time and tried to get contracts elsewhere abroad. Lack of ambition clearly evident. Last season Cook didnt progess and i think he has reached his level. You would expect him to easily hold down a heat leader berth in the elite but he is a second string. He will always be a top premier rider, an avaerage elite rider, and will never make the gp's in a million years

i was led to believe he had a ride lined uptowards the end of last season for a few meetings in poland but had to pull out due to the fixture back log in the uk

If Cook has done all he possibly can to secure a foreign contract over the last couple of years then fair enough.

Another strong looking team though not as good as last year should still see you make the play offs.

Dont blame you for wanting Cook back but cant believe he hasnt made the step up full time and tried to get contracts elsewhere abroad. Lack of ambition clearly evident. Last season Cook didnt progess and i think he has reached his level. You would expect him to easily hold down a heat leader berth in the elite but he is a second string. He will always be a top premier rider, an avaerage elite rider, and will never make the gp's in a million years

Lack off ambition maybe but remember he was a late starter as far as speedway was concerned and what he has achieved in a short space off time is to be congratulated for a british rider who is to say he won't progress further at his pace.

Anyway he seems very happy at Edinburgh and if you are happy in your place off work why would you want to move until you are ready fair play to him i certainly enjoy his visits to Ashfield.

• Like 6

Sound words Gazc.

There seems to be a few to willing to knock him for lack off ambition but as i say he is happy were he rides at both levels and i am sure when he is ready to progress he will but only when he feels he is ready.

He should be praised on the way he is doing thing's and on how far he already has come.

• Like 3

He is capable but wether he will is up for debate thing about Wolbert is you don't know what you are getting from him from one minute to the next far too inconsistent and his machinery was in general poor but on the average he is on it technically shouldn't fall any further but never count your chickens with him.

At the Video night when the promotion were talking about our new signings they said that Kevin is a confidence rider and that he had none at Glasgow it had all been drained from him but when he comes over this year they plan to build that back up again and hopefully he will become the Kevin Wolbert we know he can be.

He has bought new engines as well for next year so hopefully his performances will improve.

At the Video night when the promotion were talking about our new signings they said that Kevin is a confidence rider and that he had none at Glasgow it had all been drained from him but when he comes over this year they plan to build that back up again and hopefully he will become the Kevin Wolbert we know he can be.

He has bought new engines as well for next year so hopefully his performances will improve.

Thats all fair & well but if you are riding sh*te on shi*e machinery there is no one else to blame except himself he was brought in as the number 1 not a reserve so number 1 points were expected i don't buy into this at all he is basically to inconsistent as we keep hearing he is on a 6 point average for a reason.

I hope his performances do improve but i am not sure they will he really is an enigma.

Edited by Gazc

hes a proffessional not some raw bloody wobbling novice.... people shouldnt be making excuses for him really.

Bring out the old confidence malarky to excuse when he starts flying, what next?? A dodgy burger?? :)

Hes looked like his finished to me the past few times ive seen him, will there be a miracle turn around?? :)

I always use my pointy finger to count my chickens and I know which ones I've counted as I give them all names.

hes a proffessional not some raw bloody wobbling novice.... people shouldnt be making excuses for him really.

Bring out the old confidence malarky to excuse when he starts flying, what next?? A dodgy burger?? :)

Hes looked like his finished to me the past few times ive seen him, will there be a miracle turn around?? :)

Or the famous Glasgow tea that did Mick Poole in all those years ago

Funded by Glasgow Speedway.

Pity he didn't do the same last year.

• Like 2

There seems to be a few to willing to knock him for lack off ambition but as i say he is happy were he rides at both levels and i am sure when he is ready to progress he will but only when he feels he is ready.

He should be praised on the way he is doing thing's and on how far he already has come.

im not saying he isn't happy riding where he is riding I'm not saying that it isn't good for Edinburgh but if you want to reach the top then you need to push yourself. If he has dreams of riding gp then he needs to get himself abroad. What is he going to learn from another season at Edinburgh? To best the riders he already has beaten over the last 2 seasons. If anything his form went backwards last year and I believe Cook is not going to get any better. He doesn't have age on his side so he needs to try and grasp his career while he can
  • Like 1

im not saying he isn't happy riding where he is riding I'm not saying that it isn't good for Edinburgh but if you want to reach the top then you need to push yourself. If he has dreams of riding gp then he needs to get himself abroad. What is he going to learn from another season at Edinburgh? To best the riders he already has beaten over the last 2 seasons. If anything his form went backwards last year and I believe Cook is not going to get any better. He doesn't have age on his side so he needs to try and grasp his career while he can

If he hasn't got a foreign contract, bit if a risk to drop PL income on the off chance one may come about later

Hey remember that GB world cup superstars like King and Stead, according to Rosco can,t get jobs abroad the Cookie has little chance

Seems sensible therefore to ride PL than take a punt that something turns up abroad. If there's no place there's no point.

Financially nuts to lose PL when he's very good at it

• Like 3