British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CaptainAudi

Edinburgh 2015.

• Cookie`s average is 9.19 and he is a steal on that mark for next year if he wishes to return to Armadale.

Yes Steads mark was higher but remember the bonus points.......Cook and masters/sedgy racked up plenty 5-1`s especially towards the end of the season so his average is somewhat depressed by all the "paid" wins. His true average is north of 10.5 if you factor those in. Stead had less support from his No.s 2 and 5 so often carried the fight to the opposition single handed, and he hardly registered any bonus points.

Stead is deserving PL champ having won on his own track this year. Remember home track is a big advantage, Simon would struggle to win that honour on any other in the PL.

simon could do the same trick at workington every time, if he keeps away fron the back straight fence. hmm stead and cook at workington . nice thought...

I think its quite obvious that Cook is happy to be a big fish in a little pond.

I said his career has stalled and i stand by that. Doesnt cut it at international level qiute simply.

I dont blame him for being a big fish in a little pond if thats the best way to earn your money.

Sean Wilson was happy to do that and so to was Steve Lawson.

Cant compare Cook to Stoney. Stoney was a much better rider on the world stage.

As i say Cook i fell has gone as far as he can. Will always be a Premier number one and no more.

Jason Doyle showed what could be done but then again Doyle is a better rider than Cook as proved on the World stage.

All that said you cant blame the Monarchs fans for wanting him back

He was signed as cover for two meetings, he hasnt been signed by Gorzow on a contract. Even if he had, they sign massive squads, there wouldnt be a chance in hell Mr Ego would get anywhere near getting in there team.

yeah,I thought he had signed for end of season meetings but not used,but my point is if they were able to sign him how is the system flawed as mc1874 points out.

• Cookie`s average is 9.19 and he is a steal on that mark for next year if he wishes to return to Armadale.
  • Yes Steads mark was higher but remember the bonus points.......Cook and masters/sedgy racked up plenty 5-1`s especially towards the end of the season so his average is somewhat depressed by all the "paid" wins. His true average is north of 10.5 if you factor those in. Stead had less support from his No.s 2 and 5 so often carried the fight to the opposition single handed, and he hardly registered any bonus points.
  • Stead is deserving PL champ having won on his own track this year. Remember home track is a big advantage, Simon would struggle to win that honour on any other in the PL.
they both good riders.... But i remember the monarchs saying Fisher was the best rider because he topped the averages over Kenni Larsen who won the Plrc.... Stop changing the bloody goal posts to suit :)
  • Like 2

He was signed as cover for two meetings, he hasnt been signed by Gorzow on a contract. Even if he had, they sign massive squads, there wouldnt be a chance in hell Mr Ego would get anywhere near getting in there team.

neither would you...you arent worthy of cleaning his boots whats the matter did craig upset you by not giving you his autograph.....little man time to move on.

• Like 3

Stead would sort Cook out at Berwick easy.

Rodger that.........

To be honest nobody actually cares. This has nothing to do with Edinburgh 2015 so if you want to discuss something as pointless as this you can do it on another thread.

they both good riders....

Probably the two best rider in the Premier league last season, I suppose it depends no where you are watchin your speedway as to who you believe is the better rider.

Tight and technical track then you would probably plump for Cookie.

Fast and pacy then its Steady.

But as Mr B says the title of the thread is Edinburgh 2015.

How about

Cookie 9.19

Stormy 5.50

Sedgy. 6.99

Joe T 6.00

Sam. 8.23

Foxy. 3.50

Brantford/Clegg/Sarjeant. 3.00

Total 42.41

Max Fricke. goes to Cov.

How about

Cookie 9.19

Stormy 5.50

Sedgy. 6.99

Joe T 6.00

Sam. 8.23

Foxy. 3.50

Brantford/Clegg/Sarjeant. 3.00

Total 42.41

Max Fricke. goes to Cov.

Decent enough but i don't think good enough to challenge for the league. A rabbit has to be pulled from the hat for no.7 and i'm not sure Sedgmen is quite at heat leader standard yet. Would definitely bring in Tabaka and as has been previously mentioned would expect Wolbert to come back. Interesting winter ahead; in the promotion we trust!

The world and his dog seem to have an opinion on Cookie.So i will share mine I WILL BE GUTTED IF HE IS NOT BACK AT BELLE VUE NEXT YEAR.He had a tougth year in the Elite league this year and got a bit of stick by some.But he is still learning and it was his first full season as a heat leader and at the same time they changed the heat format giving heat leaders far tougther rides than previous seasons.Its all part of the learning curve and i think he will realy kick on next year i hope it is for us.

PS Just as a point of intrest for those who compair Cook to Doyle.

In 2008 Doyle had an average of 9.77 riding for Somerset in the Premier league and from the only records i can find was riding in the Prem league from at least 2005.

From the records i can find Cook first rode 20 meetings in the Prem league for Workington in 2009 with an average of 3.14.

So my point being Cook started late is still learning(fast) and has a good few years yet to catch up to have the same experience as Doyle.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 4

B.V 72 Thanks for posting this, so kinda clears up that Craig Cook is developing along nicely just as most of us thought and matches progress of more experienced pl and el riders but in shorter time scale....well done cookie.

• Like 1