British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Robinh88

Shane Bowes Or Robert Nagy

I spent some time over the weekend watching meetings from Shawfield in the 93-94 season.

Both were amazing and I'd have loved them at Shielfield but my question is to Glasgow fans who was better, who averaged higher?

Would they have done a better job than your Number One who was turning with crap bycicles this season. Nagy two years ago was nailing Shiefleild ace Norbert Magosi in his native Hungary.

Certainly a question for much debate

Edited by KurtAngleOlympicChampion

another ridiculous waste of time thread just like the last one you recently started have you not got some decorating,grass to cut to occupy your time or maybe even look for a job.

• Like 5

Who is this person? Always trying to start threads, why? Do you feel responsible to keep people talking,?

• Like 1

Who is this person? Always trying to start threads, why? Do you feel responsible to keep people talking,?

its what you do when you dont have a life,start pointless threads.

its what you do when you dont have a life,start pointless threads.

Careful now. Have you seen the size of him? Well I assume it's a him otherwise the steroids and hormones have a lot to answer for!

• Like 1

I spent some time over the weekend watching meetings from Shawfield in the 93-94 season.

Both were amazing and I'd have loved them at Shielfield but my question is to Glasgow fans who was better, who averaged higher?

Would they have done a better job than your Number One who was turning with crap bycicles this season. Nagy two years ago was nailing Shiefleild ace Norbert Magosi in his native Hungary.

Certainly a question for much debate

Shane Bowes seemed a far safer rider but Nagy was class on the international circuit. He almost singlehandedly was responsible for Glasgow beating Cradley in the Interleague Cup, although mostly from the gate. I am not a Glasgow fan though; although having a haggis supper with a wee dram every Burns night, so don't know if my neutral vote is valid. ,

another ridiculous waste of time thread just like the last one you recently started have you not got some decorating,grass to cut to occupy your time or maybe even look for a job.

A thread about speedway on a speedway forum?

Seems a perfectly reasonable topic to discuss.

Clearly some sort of personal issue going on here, which IS inappropriate for the forum.

Nagy was certainly classy at Shawfield Bowes seemed great everywhere. Hell of a team

Was it

Nagy, Olsen, Cabtree, Walsh Bowes, grieves and courtney?

Really liked Shawfield as a track

Robert Nagy was awesome . Only Glasgow rider to win the riders championship , career cruelly cut short by that idiot Matuesek .

Bowes was great entertainment to watch , but Nagy was the better rider

• Like 2

Robert Nagy was awesome . Only Glasgow rider to win the riders championship , career cruelly cut short by that idiot Matuesek .

Bowes was great entertainment to watch , but Nagy was the better rider

He was but I wonder what would of come from Robert Csillik who looked the better of the two IMO when they first arrived. Csillik was chopped pretty quickly and never really got the chance to settle that Nagy got.

Nagy never really got to grips with Powderhall and other small tracks, not that it hindered him, he was quite phenomenal in full flight on the big tracks. I'm sure the year he won the PLRC he went into the big league event and made the top 5.

He was but I wonder what would of come from Robert Csillik who looked the better of the two IMO when they first arrived. Csillik was chopped pretty quickly and never really got the chance to settle that Nagy got.

Nagy never really got to grips with Powderhall and other small tracks, not that it hindered him, he was quite phenomenal in full flight on the big tracks. I'm sure the year he won the PLRC he went into the big league event and made the top 5.

He scored about 8 at Bradford if my memory is correct . Robbie never completed 4 laps at his first visit to Powderhall and never shone there much after . At places like Sheffield and Exeter though he was terrific .

Csillik never looked quick enough , I don't remember if he was in that 1991 Hungarian touring side that Nagy shone in , in their 51-39 win at Shawfield .

There wasn't many tears shed at Csillik's departure though , as he was replaced by .................Shane Bowes

Nagy could ride small tracks. I remember he scored about 16 at Rye House on his first visit. He was superb at Middlesbrough also. He just couldnt get around Powderhall although he had his moments. Shane was the entertainer, especially his last bend overtakes at Shawfield

I remember the three times re run race off for the riders championship at Coventry, great drama, as a Panthers, fan wrong result though!! :sad:

Nagy was a great rider at that level though