British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Islander15

Rye House 2015

Well the more names that are mentioned the more i like the shape of the team. Kyle is very good at this level and if he feels part of a quality side then i reckon he will have a good season. as for the Raiders they may well surprise a few this year. Despite the doom and gloom merchants i think the regulars at Rye will have a lot to like this season. can't wait.

Finally I'm looking forward to a second half at Rye House. Providing the track isn't as bald as my baby sons bottom it should provide a decent afternoons/evenings entertainment. I'll certainly consider hanging around rather than scoot off to the Rye pub after the PL boys have packed up

and gone.

Stand alone NL meetings will certainly be in my diary looking at the shape of the side so far. A bargain at a tenner

Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

Hughes' best season in the sport came in a Rockets race jacket. At the end of that season he had a horrible head injury and it all went downhill from there.

Let's hope that back at Rye he can rediscover the potential he showed in attaining a near five point Premier League average in 2010. Incidentally he averaged higher than Nick Morris, Dakota North, Adam Roynon, Alex Davies and our own Anders Mellgren to name just a few that season. There's a decent rider in there somewhere and at 25 he's not too old to show that again.

• Like 1

So much for the team of rookies the doom merchants predicted for the Raiders..Andrew Silver is putting a team together that could challenge for honours.. Two potential number ones for starters... I am thinking Andrew could be the man to take the whole Rye set up forward in future seasons and good luck to him and the new team...

Edited by waco
  • Like 6

Will be surprised if kyle does not raise that average to around the 9 mark he is well capable of that ,especially with this years league being weaker than he has ridden in previously

• Like 1

Leaves 6.36 for the last 2 spaces, so I presume it will be 2 new riders from the training, when you consider that at start of the year everyone was talking about Luke and 6 trainees, it seems quite a strong team that Andrew has assembled.

Wonder which month he'll retire THIS year?

I was going to post the same thing more or less word for word until I saw you had :D

• Like 1

I was going to post the same thing more or less word for word until I saw you had :D

It'll be good if he makes a proper go of it this time, he did look quite promising in the past.

Rye House Raiders have continued their team-building by announcing the signings of Rob Branford and Sam Woods for the coming National League season.

Anglo-Aussie Branford, the 2013 British Under-21 champion, will spearhead the side at No 1, while exciting prospect Woods is being tipped to make rapid strides in the sport.

The duo join Luke Priest and skipper Luke Chessell who were unveiled last week and are both seen as having a key role to play for the Raiders this year.

Adelaide-born Branford, 21, who will double up with Premier League champions Edinburgh, returns to British speedway after a year out in 2014, though he continued to race Down Under.

When I first met Rob I was on a ferry heading towards the Isle of Wight, recalled Raiders chairman and team manager Andrew Silver.

He was helping someone and I had him down as a young Aussie mechanic rather than a rider. Rob was everywhere that season if he wasnt riding, he was helping someone in the pits.

In just one meeting at Kent he gained my respect beyond just being everyones friend. Northern-based, coming down south regularly to get ride, he had a quality I liked. Hes a burly rider who is not afraid to get stuck in and his progress was quick, probably due to his keenness to get involved.

Obviously he went on to become British Under-21 champion, which is a far cry from my original impression of him as a mechanic! But that is what impresses me about Rob, every time I see or hear of him he blows my socks off, making a new and better impression than the last.

I rate Tyson Nelson as much as anyone, but in races out in Australia, Rob made short work of him. Having taken 2014 out from riding in the UK, Rob is back hungry for more and will be sure to impress. Hold on to your socks!

Silver is also looking forward to seeing Boston-born 21-year-old Rye House asset Woods in a Raiders racejacket and is tipping him for a year of progress.

Hes already ridden in Europe as well as on loan with Kent, Mildenhall and Scunthorpe in the NL and that experience could be invaluable, according to Silver.

Because of the lower points limit all teams in the National League will have to field more than a couple riders with three-point averages (the minimum starting average) irrespective of whether they have been assessed as a three pointer or an earned average from previous outings, explained the Raiders boss.

Sam can do an excellent job for us, and has some experience which will hopefully prove valuable in the order of the team.

Different riders need different things to elevate their game. I have watched Sam for over a year now and I reckon he will find just what he needs at Rye to further his career.

Pleased to see that Sam has a team spot. He is a most likeable lad and provided he can keep his equipment up-to-speed he will be a good reseerve 3.0 point asset. He has ridden all of the tracks excepting Eastbourne, but how many riders in this league have?

The team kevlars are going to look good.

Chopper

Is that a little insider info?

Be good if the team does have team kevlars although unusual as the rockets haven't had them for a few seasons.

If suits are being made then the final two riders must know who they are.....

Fully expected Danyon to be involved so no surprise there but have the other two ridden any competitive speedway? Don't remember the names from any MDL meetings and certainly not for Rye House last year.

Andrew has been bang on so far with his signings but cant help feeling these are more about training school revenue / promotion than league contention?

As I said I know nothing of George & Alfie so they could be superb..........time will tell

Edited by Sings4Kings
  • Like 1