British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Islander15

Rye House 2015

19.9.2.2 is unchanged for 2015.

Cheers Jayne, rules Luke out for certain then.

Could James Sarjeant be coming back to Rye?

Considering he's riding for Coventry in the EL and Glasgow in the PL I doubt he'd want to sandwich a Saturday night at Rye between to two. Plus he's not our asset and we wouldn't see any long term benefit from using him so I highly doubt it.

Cheers Jayne, rules Luke out for certain then.

Considering he's riding for Coventry in the EL and Glasgow in the PL I doubt he'd want to sandwich a Saturday night at Rye between to two. Plus he's not our asset and we wouldn't see any long term benefit from using him so I highly doubt

Jason Bunyan qualifies. It looks unlikely that he will get a PL place in 2015 whilst Oliver Greenwood hasn't signed in the NL.

Will it be Saturday, though. That would make total of 21 home fixtures in all (PL and NL) and that doesn't include LC,, KOC, NT. etc. or even play-offs.

Will it be Saturday, though. That would make total of 21 home fixtures in all (PL and NL) and that doesn't include LC,, KOC, NT. etc. or even play-offs.

Saturdays and Bank Holiday Mondays, including some double headers.

Jason Bunyan qualifies. It looks unlikely that he will get a PL place in 2015 whilst Oliver Greenwood hasn't signed in the NL.

I doubt we'll ever see Bunyan as a Rye rider at any level again after last season. Can't see us using Greenwood, would like to think, however it probably wasn't the case, we made an offer for him to race as a Rocket again this season and assuming that if we did he has turned us down. A cracking prospect but why help develop a rider for another club to prosper?

We'll have away meetings at Berwick and Workington on Saturday nights, they will more than likely be filled with Raiders meetings. Then expect a few other Saturday night race nights when the Rockets don't have a home meeting too. Bank Holiday Monday double headers are to return too.

Top 3 could be Compton, Hopwood and Chesell.

Compton taking some time out I heard.

Can't see us using Greenwood, would like to think, however it probably wasn't the case, we made an offer for him to race as a Rocket again this season and assuming that if we did he has turned us down. A cracking prospect but why help develop a rider for another club to prosper?

Well maybe, but you have to have some riders and the way you describe the team building it would be painting yourselves into a corner to turn down anyone who's not a club asset. Oli would be the top rider in the division - surely better to have him than not?

Compton taking some time out I heard.

He went to race in NZ this winter with Sarjeant didn't he? Doesn't sound like the actions of someone giving up..

I have not missed the marathon double headers at rye in the past couple of years. I just hope that Len can speed up the running of meetings at the launch pad next season, sorting out the pathetic track grading and watering would be a good start.

Well maybe, but you have to have some riders and the way you describe the team building it would be painting yourselves into a corner to turn down anyone who's not a club asset. Oli would be the top rider in the division - surely better to have him than not?

He went to race in NZ this winter with Sarjeant didn't he? Doesn't sound like the actions of someone giving up..

Don't think we'll struggle to field a team above the minimum without having to use someone else's asset/helping to develop a rider for another club tbh. If his performances for Peterborough at Rye turned out to be match winners and he was racing at Rye regularly as a Raider then yes it would be better to not have him. The Raiders are our second team and about development of our own riders not in the league to win at all costs.

I could be wrong but saw that Benji was selling some kit on Facebook as he was taking a break. Would take him as the Raiders number one, not a Rye asset granted but don't think he'll progress much further in the sport and it would be good to have one experienced head in the line up.

• Like 2

I think the hold up with Benji is that he is hoping for a premier league reserve berth.......fingers crossed once the penny drops that Rye are one of the few options left he will sign and then the team building can begin in earnest?

I think the hold up with Benji is that he is hoping for a premier league reserve berth.......fingers crossed once the penny drops that Rye are one of the few options left he will sign and then the team building can begin in earnest?

Something which is highly unlikely to happen IMO. His best bet could well be to sign for the Raiders and take any Rockets reserve bookings which may well come his way. That being said I'd hope if the Rockets were short at reserve for any reason they'd either use a PL guest as they're entitled to for either reserve this year or give Danny Ayres a shot as we should be looking towards him for a PL reserve berth in 2016 IMO.

• Like 1

Benji did say himself he was taking time out.

• Like 1

Still nothing about the Raiders. With the updates from Len's new PRO (that's Shadders who is also allegedly Lens adviser) on the changes taking place at the stadium, we still await with bated breath on any team news. Seeing that Shane Hazeldene is back for Kings Lynn NL team there has to be a couple of riders who Andrew will have to sign, we after all can't do a Scunthorpe this year. Kinda looking forward to seeing soeedway again, I enjoy NL soeedway but the silence on several things at Rye House is defening

Several riders who normally would be fixed up spring to mind with the likes of Ben Hopwood and Luke Chessell who have been previously mentioned.

Ben Wilson and Chris Widman are still available or are they?

Could be a useful looking Raiders team with still a lot of talent that needs giving a chance.