British Speedway Forum
Panthers89

New Conversion Rate For Riders....

So the rate change is only one way which would be better news for any PL riders looking to go Elite for the first time.

So at least Poole get Brady Kurtz at a point lower than it would've been with a complete change! :o;):D

this sport is getting too confusing with all the changes........I think im going to be a footballer instead then I can play for a team in the prem, div 1, and the conference.......oh I cant cos all games take place on the same day, now that's not a bad idea at all.

Edited by romans lovechild

riders going up will still be the same

the reduction is for riders dropping down

but using the logic for the change downwards it should be applied both ways.

If it is so much easier to score points in the second string position in the EL .

By the new rules for example Josh G is too good to drop down if he didnt already d/u at about 6.5

His PL average 8.11.

So if Rohan Tungate wants to move up - PL average 8.36 very similar to JG. In the 'old world' he did d/u in the same team as JG with a sinikar average.

Had the new conversion rate been applied both ways his ne EL average would be about 6. Leaving the upward rate as was he would be about 5.

riders who alreadty have an official P.L. average are NOT affected,,

Edited by jenga

but using the logic for the change downwards it should be applied both ways.

If it is so much easier to score points in the second string position in the EL .

By the new rules for example Josh G is too good to drop down if he didnt already d/u at about 6.5

His PL average 8.11.

So if Rohan Tungate wants to move up - PL average 8.36 very similar to JG. In the 'old world' he did d/u in the same team as JG with a sinikar average.

Had the new conversion rate been applied both ways his ne EL average would be about 6. Leaving the upward rate as was he would be about 5.

I agree wholeheartedly, but I think we are going to be sadly disappointed if we expect logic from the BSPA

• Like 1

Probably the single most important change agreed at the AGM, and they didn't mention it in the official statement ... you couldn't make it up, LOL!

• Like 3

riders who alreadty have an official P.L. average are NOT affected,,

thats not what I said.

Josh G and Rohan are simply a good comparison as they have very similar PL averages in 2014 and had similar 2013 averages in the EL.

They are therefore an excellent example to guage the conversion rate.

Under the new regs they would have very similar PL averages but Rohan would be a point and a half lower in the EL.

The restriction on EL riders on 6+ averages 'doubling down' is because the PL promoters were worried about affording their wages - it states as much in the SS summary this week.

Similarly the EL restriction on only 2 riders above 7 points is because some (not all) promotions cannot afford more.

Why does speedway need to be so ruddy complicated ?

• Like 2

Reading this Thread is enough to put you off Speedway for life.

As you say Paulco complicated or what?

whats complicated about an amendment to an existing rule..

• Like 1

whats complicated about an amendment to an existing rule..

Just think what it is going to be like on here next year, if they bring the AGM forward at least a month :rofl:

Tel