British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Warsaw Gp Saturday 18th April

I think the problem with temporary speedway tracks is the extreme shortage of time that the stadium is available for, leaving very little time to lay the track and resolve any issues with it.

As I have said a couple of times,it is then stupidity of the highest order given those circumstances to hold a practice session!!!!! The rider who won last nights event didn't practice,so what does it all achieve apart from a negative effect on conditions?

Don't even try to defend this one!!

I'm not defending it you just want to think before you put your mouth into gear

Anyone know the re-admission policy ?

I have seen claims that 12 heats were required for results to stand and that also means no ticket refunds.

So I don't think it's too unrealistic to think that the rider's meeting was just a hoax meaning

that it was decided already from the beginning to call it off after 12 heats so that the results

will be valid and so that they don't would have to pay out ticket refunds.

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 1

Arriving at stadium entrance with English flag told cannot take it in.No foreign flags allowed only Polish flags allowed to be displayed!Were refusing to allow me into stadium.After arguments managed to shove flag in bag and push through.Obviously cannot show support for foreign riders.Try stopping Poles taking their flags into Cardiff .

Wow what a thing to criticise about y flags a minor detail in view of what happened get a life

I have seen claims that 12 heats were required for results to stand and that also means no ticket refunds.

So I don't think it's too unrealistic to think that the rider's meeting was just a hoax meaning

that it was decided already from the beginning to call it off after 12 heats so that the results

will be valid and so that they don't would have to pay out ticket refunds.

Wow!!! That is some conspiracy theory :shock::P

But it seems the rule was changed,so I wonder when and as tickets sometimes go on sale quite early was the rule changed after tickets went on sale?If so,surely terms of conditions mean those who paid for tickets before deserve their money back at least,if no-one else.All very strange to change from 16 heats,which I believe is normal for FIM events.But I don't know the rules

One small thing has to come out of this at the very least.Jim Lawrence(and that Pole Woyczech or whatever)should never officiate at a GP again.At least get a small thing right if nothing else

Edited by iris123
  • Like 2

Wow what a thing to criticise about y flags a minor detail in view of what happened get a life

NOT a minor view at all, this gentelman paid his hard earned cash to watch the GP & was obviously being patriotic

• Like 4

We cannot go back to major speedway events being held in a field (Norden), or well loved but ramshackle stadia (Odsal).

We have to get the temporary tracks sorted.

The size of crowds generally at the mega stadia proves what can be achieved.

The tracks is the one and only issue.

• Like 1

No minor detail if you'd shelled out like he/she did to attend the meeting,

• Like 7

Wow!!! That is some conspiracy theory :shock::P

But it seems the rule was changed,so I wonder when and as tickets sometimes go on sale quite early was the rule changed after tickets went on sale?If so,surely terms of conditions mean those who paid for tickets before deserve their money back at least,if no-one else.All very strange to change from 16 heats,which I believe is normal for FIM events.But I don't know the rules

One small thing has to come out of this at the very least.Jim Lawrence(and that Pole Woyczech or whatever)should never officiate at a GP again.At least get a small thing right if nothing else

I agree about Lawrence - I was saying last season he should be banned from officiating in British Speedway. Does anyone ever assess the performances of these refs or do they just get jobs because they have mates in high places? Edited by WembleyLion
  • Like 2

The Sport can get away with abandoning National League meetings in front of about 800 people because the track is a shambles (Cov v Crad last year) but this is a shambles of the highest order, played out in front of a multi national TV audience. How many viewers will be rushing to book tickets to see these events live?

So far as Jim Lawrence is concerned, he proved himself incapable of refereeing a National League match last year when he let the Greaves / Sarjeant confrontation heat up to boiling point, leading to three young and inexperienced riders being fined and hit with suspended bans.

A very sad day for the Sport and yet another nail in the coffin - there cannot be room for many more before the lid is finally nailed down!

• Like 3

Bit Ironic that Olsen was giving Gollob a golden helmet!

Yes, he's been been shafting us all for years.

• Like 1

NOT a minor view at all, this gentelman paid his hard earned cash to watch the GP & was obviously being patriotic

So did I pay hard cash but I'm there for the racing not whether I'm gonna get my poxy flag in if your gonna criticise at least criticise about the main thing the lack of racing when lets face It that's what I was there for not flag waving if that's what they want over racing I suggest they join the majorette club

So did I pay hard cash but I'm there for the racing not whether I'm gonna get my poxy flag in if your gonna criticise at least criticise about the main thing the lack of racing when lets face It that's what I was there for not flag waving if that's what they want over racing I suggest they join the majorette club

and breathe....