British Speedway Forum
sommelier

Lewis Bridger

I haven't seen anything about this. What is the source of this information?

Could a 'Link' be provided?

It was in last weeks Speedway star, in the article it said that Bridger had been on a months holiday to Ibiza, then spend nearly four weeks in America.

• Like 1

It was in last weeks Speedway star, in the article it said that Bridger had been on a months holiday to Ibiza, then spend nearly four weeks in America.

Aaaahhhhh - right!!

Thank you screm. :t:

If people (Bees fans?) are trying to say that Bridger is the only rider who has negotiated a loan or advance on his earnings as part of the contract, then they are being really naïve.

Not condoning his foulmouthed outbursts on twitter, but I think there is likely more to this than meets the eye!!

I haven't seen anything about this. What is the source of this information?

Could a 'Link' be provided?

Yes. Look back over his Twitter over the last couple of months.

Was also in the speedway star.

I know sometimes clubs help riders with a small loan if needed but with Bridger he is starting from scratch as has no bikes, sponsorship etc.

I am sure other riders would love to splash the cash on big holidays but have their priorities straight

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 4

I know sometimes clubs help riders with a small loan if needed but with Bridger he is starting from scratch as has no bikes, sponsorship etc.

I am sure other riders would love to splash the cash on big holidays but have their priorities straight

I'm not on Twitter, Facebook or any other Social Media. I just don't understand it. I tend to stay away from things that I don't understand.

I also only buy Speedway Star now and again, not every week.

I quite like Lewis, but does appear to be a case of "Another Day In The Life Of Lewis Bridger."

Its nice to see that maybe he still wants to ride and that he will not be lost to the sport.

But I am afraid that sometimes he does give of the thought that he thinks he is big time Charlie.

• Like 3

I quite like Lewis, but does appear to be a case of "Another Day In The Life Of Lewis Bridger."

Its nice to see that maybe he still wants to ride and that he will not be lost to the sport.

But I am afraid that sometimes he does give of the thought that he thinks he is big time Charlie.

I think he's right. :o;):D :D

Agree with that. I enjoy watching Lewis ride, I think he's generally good to watch. But his attitude and off track antics stink. He needs to sort himself out or he's going to end up in a very bad place. He's lucky that he's been in a career that has allowed him to spend the last 2 months on holiday - what jpb does he think he's going to get thats going to lead to him being able to do the same in 7 or 8 years time like speedway has?

I'm still hopeful that a season out of the sport seeing what it's like doing a "normal" job will make him appreciate being a speedway rider properly and see him come back better than ever.

But he wasn't a rider when he went on these holidays he had retired/taken a break from the sport. Maybe the break made him realise he wanted to ride again.

.....mdmc82......I know sometimes clubs help riders with a small loan if needed but with Bridger he is starting from scratch as has no bikes, sponsorship etc.

And no car either, although probably someone else gets the job of ferrying him around everywhere. It's all sounding like really good preparation for the new season. Anyway, fans who are blaming Mick Horton for signing him - wasn't it Gary Havelock who started this off? It's all his damn fault. :lol:

Maybe Coventry just didn't want to loan him money for kit if he is just going to quit in middle of season or whatever and not knowing for definite of getting money back.

It is a shame and hope Lewis does return later on this season or next year, think if he does return he needs to race in premier league and work his way back up.

I was very pleased when I heard that Bridger was returning - I thought it was good for British Speedway.

Having read some of the Posts on here - I am now not so sure....................

It is a shame to see him struggle along like this, he was a rider with great potential and he could still make it in the EL, but if and when he comes back he has to have his heart fully into the sport. Just hope he gets back sooner than latter, he still has a lot to offer if he has the fire when he first started out.