British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DutchGrasstrack

Barker & Worrall In Argentina

Does anyone know what this is all about?

http://www.lanueva.com/deportes/792849/el-inicio-del-speedway--opacado-por-la-ausencia-de-los-pilotos-ingleses.html ( translation)

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/zuzel/490546/gdzie-sie-podziali-brytyjscy-zuzlowcy-czyzby-poszli-w-argentynskie-tango ( translation)

It appears that Barker and Worrall were supposed to race in the Argentinian championship this winter (about 15 meetings), but they seem to have left the country without notifying anyone of the organisation ??

UPDATE

Worrall just posted a message on Facebook:

"They Argentinian federation (mullet) 100% knows where we are and why we left.. The place is dangerous and they get you out there then tell you everything you have to pay for. So we left. Not much more to it. The place is a circus. So anyone that's worried because of the press release they done, don't be! We're safe and still have my money in my pocket"

Edited by DutchGrasstrack

Does anyone know what this is all about?

http://www.lanueva.com/deportes/792849/el-inicio-del-speedway--opacado-por-la-ausencia-de-los-pilotos-ingleses.html ( translation)

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/zuzel/490546/gdzie-sie-podziali-brytyjscy-zuzlowcy-czyzby-poszli-w-argentynskie-tango ( translation)

It appears that Barker and Worrall were supposed to race in the Argentinian championship this winter (about 15 meetings), but they seem to have left the country without notifying anyone of the organisation ??

UPDATE

Worrall just posted a message on Facebook:

"They Argentinian federation (mullet) 100% knows where we are and why we left.. The place is dangerous and they get you out there then tell you everything you have to pay for. So we left. Not much more to it. The place is a circus. So anyone that's worried because of the press release they done, don't be! We're safe and still have my money in my pocket"

What an odd affair? Argentina has been dealing with international speedway riders and midget car drivers for years - some really big names over the years - then this happens. I look further to more updates on the matter - let's hope it's not another case of "..'cruelly' treated Brits abroad...?"

I wonder if Ben Barker and Worrall have contacted the British Consulate/Legation. We do have diplomatic links with the Argentine Republic! :wink:

Edited by Guest

They are probably holed up in a hotel room somewhere, with some of the locals!! :wink::shock::D

Edited by Skidder1

Lets hope they weren't given a locally found Porsche to use during their stay!

• Like 3

Let's hope the Argentine Federation don't report him to the FIM which could lead to an international suspension and a dragged out affair like the ongoing Darcy Ward scenario.

Edited by Guest

Here's a further update on the 'Barker/Worrall" mystery. It indicates that other visiting European riders are taking part in the Argentinae tournament. http://www.speedwaygp.com/news/article/3888/brits-awol-in-argentina

I believe that Bulgarian Milen Manev is also there, he was there last year as well. So probably he does not have problems with this Argentinian championship ....

Years ago, I remember that riders like Guiseppe Marzotto (Italy), and Manuel Hausinger (Austria) and John Davis were among regular speedway visitors season-on-season to Argentina.

Other international visitors have included Armando Castagna (Italy), Claus Kristensen (Denmark), Tony Svab (Czech Republic), Simone Terenzani (Italy), Thomas Sthaldert (Austria), Peter Heller (Germany), Gary Hesmer (Canada) and Gaetan Carignan (Canada).

Edited by Guest

I believe that Bulgarian Milen Manev is also there, he was there last year as well. So probably he does not have problems with this Argentinian championship ....

Wouldn't be so sure of that.A few years back i had a talk with Hauzinger(who rode in the championship a couple of times) and he wasn't very complimentary about the organisation/organisers etc

• Like 2

Also,didn't Phil Morris try to arrange a tour with some British riders that got cancelled because of problems with the organisers?

If they fear for their saftey or are being ripped off they did the best thing .....stuff any repercusions

Edited by Arson fire
  • Like 4

Let's hope the Argentine Federation don't report him to the FIM which could lead to an international suspension and a dragged out affair like the ongoing Darcy Ward scenario.

Karma!!!