British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DutchGrasstrack

Barker & Worrall In Argentina

PRETTY certain Armando Castagna is in Argentine although not necessarily at the speedway.

That would indicate a clarification of what the speedway situation in Argentina can hopefully be expected.

Edited by Guest

According to this article on the Speedway GP website; it is indeed a circus.

Edited by DutchGrasstrack

According to this article on the Speedway GP website; it is indeed a circus.

It's always advisable to get "your version of events" in first as Worrall has. :wink: But this championship is long-standing as has been previously mentioned in previous Posts. If the FIM's Armando Castagna is as suggested is in the the Argentine Republic at the moment. it it so be hoped that he will manage to give an "official" interpretation on the Argentina Championship. and what is happening there.

If only some of what Worrall has said is true, I don't blame him or Barker for getting the hell out of there. I'm pretty sure they would have some kind of evidence to back up their reasons. At the end of the day it is their lives and careers on the line and if they think either of them are threatened they have the right to get out. On the other hand if the Argentine version is correct I look forward to hearing the verdict of the FIM disciplinary meeting. I won't hold my breath tho :wink:

But this championship is long-standing as has been previously mentioned in previous Posts

Being long standing is not a criteria of quality or truth.

Being long standing is not a criteria of quality or truth.

Then why do riders return to race in the Argentine Championship season-on-season?

Edited by Guest

Then why do riders return to race in the Argentine Championship season-on-season?

Can you name them? How many of them are British?

Previous visitors back n Argentina are Polish rider Jakub Jamrog, Russia’s Oleg Beschastnov and Italian international Guglielmo Franchetti and Bulgaria's Mameev.

Edited by Guest

Previous visitors back n Argentina are Polish rider Jakub Jamrog, Russia’s Oleg Beschastnov and Italian international Guglielmo Franchetti

Means nothing though.

Everyone gets treated differently and in this case Worrall and and Barker poorly.

It's always advisable to get "your version of events" in first as Worrall has. :wink: But this championship is long-standing as has been previously mentioned in previous Posts. If the FIM's Armando Castagna is as suggested is in the the Argentine Republic at the moment. it it so be hoped that he will manage to give an "official" interpretation on the Argentina Championship. and what is happening there.

they obviously went out there to race as agreed, why would they return without racing? Its not rocket science.

Means nothing though.

Everyone gets treated differently and in this case Worrall and and Barker poorly.

as it says in the statement... The pole and russian already had bikes and workshops, barker and worrall hadnt.
  • Like 1

Previous visitors back n Argentina are Polish rider Jakub Jamrog, Russias Oleg Beschastnov and Italian international Guglielmo Franchetti and Bulgaria's Mameev.

I don't recall the first two named having been there before.

I do recall several riders leaving Argentina and making critical comments about safety when Matej Duh had a fatal accident two years ago. I also recall that a few years ago there were two rival championships running against each other.

The FIM do not seem to be in a hurry to return to Argentina after the world under 21 final jaunt.

Although conjecture I think it quite likely that Barker and Worrall would have been in a more difficult position as representatives of the country that has occupied "their beloved Malvinas"

Edited by arnieg
  • Like 1

On the other hand if the Argentine version is correct I look forward to hearing the verdict of the FIM disciplinary meeting. I won't hold my breath tho :wink:

I don't think they have a lot to worry about there. By the time FIM get around to it, they'll both be retired.

• Like 3

First Round (result from sportowefakty)

1. Nicolas Covatti - 14 (0,0,3,3,3,2,3) + 1. miejsce w finale
2. Oleg Bestchastnov - 15 (3,2,2,0,3,3,2) + 2. miejsce w finale
3. Fernando Garcia - 18 (3,2,3,3,3,3,1) + 3. miejsce w finale
4. Maximiliano Westdorp - 11 (2,3,3,0,2,1,0) + 4. miejsce w finale
5. Guglielmo Franchetti - 11 (1,3,2,1,2,2,0) + 5. miejsce w finale
6. Julio Romano - 9 (1,3,0,3,1,1,0)
7. Alejandro Ruiz - 9 (2,1,3,3,0,0,0)
8. Alejandro Iglesias - 9 (2,2,1,2,2,0,0)
9. Matias Lopez - 8 (1,2,0,2,3,0,0)
10. Sebastian Clemente - 8 (2,0,2,2,2,0,0)
11. Jonathan Iturre - 6 (3,3,f,-,-,-,-)
12. Santiago Martinez - 5 (0,1,1,2,1,0,0)
13. Milen Manev - 5 (1,1,1,1,1,0,0)
14. Jakub Jamróg - 3 (3,r,f,-,-,-,-)
15. Alejandro Polenta - 3 (0,0,2,1,0,0,0)
16. Gustavo Curzio - 3 (0,1,0,1,1,0,0)
17. Facundo Cuello - 0 (0,0,x,0,0,0,0)
18. Rodrigo Zubeldia - 0 (r,0,0,0,0,0,0)
19. Matias Diaz - 0 (0,0,0,0,0,0,0_
20. Matias Clemente - 0 (0,0,0,0,0,0,0)