British Speedway Forum

Maybe so but we won't pay 25k for him in-fact i would be disappointed if we succumbed to Havelock's demands and paid anything at all but this will go to arbitration to sort out were they will set any fee to be paid

Certainly putting some noses out off joint is Mr Havelock firstly with Kus & Berwick and Now Summers with us makes you wonder if Kus really wanted to go back to Berwick who told him that they couldn't afford the 21k Havelock was demanding and was afraid off not having a team place at all.

Summers it seems is more stubborn it appears and has refused to back down to Havelock's tactics. Dangerous ploy to play by both but as i have said before other clubs will be observing how this pan's out and this may well come back to bite Havelock in the erse.

Kus seems to be very happy with next season. http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/speedway/kus-confident-great-season-redcar-8320311

Does anyone have any actual proof of the £25,000 figure or that BH intends to let Redcar Bears rot?

Do you really think Kus would say anything else?

There are plenty similar statements from speedway riders forced into a corner and having to sign for a club coming out with similar lip service but later in their career saying differently.

Surely no one is daft enough to think a rider who has just signed, whether by choice or necessity, for a club would be quoted in the press saying 'I really dont want to be here but...' :unsure:

• Like 5

Do you really think Kus would say anything else?

There are plenty similar statements from speedway riders forced into a corner and having to sign for a club coming out with similar lip service but later in their career saying differently.

Surely no one is daft enough to think a rider who has just signed, whether by choice or necessity, for a club would be quoted in the press saying 'I really dont want to be here but...' :unsure:

Yes, I think he would have protested very loudly if he didn't want to go along with it. He seemed to agree terms and sign up very quickly. You have no proof otherwise, just as those saying that Brian Havelock intends to abandon Redcar. I should think his most likely move would be to offer it to Gary.

• Like 1

I think you are either at the wind up or very naive. Ever hear the phrase dont bite the hand that feeds you?

If you read my post properly btw I do not claim to have proof one way or another - unlike some! I merely point out that it would be very unlikely to dis someone you have just signed for in the local rag

I think you are either at the wind up or very naive. Ever hear the phrase dont bite the hand that feeds you?

If you read my post properly btw I do not claim to have proof one way or another - unlike some! I merely point out that it would be very unlikely to dis someone you have just signed for in the local rag

Well thank you for your appraisal, I will reserve my opinion of yourself.

Yes, I think he would have protested very loudly if he didn't want to go along with it. He seemed to agree terms and sign up very quickly. You have no proof otherwise, just as those saying that Brian Havelock intends to abandon Redcar. I should think his most likely move would be to offer it to Gary.

I think a rider with Kus's average and ability would take the first decent offer otherwise he might be left on the shelf .IMO he had an inflated average due to his spell at reserve.Best of luck to him hope he has a good season. Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

I think a rider with Kus's average and ability would take the first decent offer otherwise he might be left on the shelf.

same goes for summers, hes no world beater.
  • Like 1

Redcar opened up on 13th April 2006 on an initial 10 year lease. 2015 is the last year of the lease.

So it might be in Havelock`s interest to get in as many transfer fees as possible.

No - but he is a very decent Rider.

You don't have to be in the Premier League

No - but he is a very decent Rider.

Hes not worth haggling over though.

You don't have to be in the Premier League

You dont

Hes not worth haggling over though.

Fair comment Arson.

Certainly would not pay money to sign Summers,if Glasgow had sense they would look elsewhere .

If Glasgow do look elsewhere then that would leave only two teams to get into, Plymouth and Berwick, and I cant see Aaron fancying the drive from Millfield all the way down to Plymouth each Friday.

If Glasgow do look elsewhere then that would leave only two teams to get into, Plymouth and Berwick, and I cant see Aaron fancying the drive from Millfield all the way down to Plymouth each Friday.

Would not want him at Berwick

Wait till nearer the end of Feb, and Redcar will be in the postion that they either cut their demands or will loan him to Glasgow.....but 100% he will be there