British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Bspa Meeting With Ukv&i?

Manzares is the only American requiring a visa. He met the criteria as national U21 champion and has only had one season. Doesnt the criterua state to achieve the average in 2 years? So even if you apply the 7 (rather than the 5 he arrived on) needing to be achieved he has 2015 to do so. As it stands it doesnt state any rider has to retain the assessed average in the 2nd season if not achieved in the first so he would return on his 6.

Now this may change going forward(and probably should IMO) but we wont know until full details of the reissue of sponsors licences is confirmed along with any new requirements which need to be adhered to to avoid the problem again.

Now ironically of course if he has to come on a 7 Ipswich may choose to keep him and it may mean a Brit loses a place lower down.

i think you will find Fisher is also in need of a visa

No, it's not,,, and you can thank the blatant incompetence of the BSPA for this,,,

urrhhh,,, 'marmite', where does that come from ???,,,

cos we'll have to stop their lot coming over as well :-)

It was invented by accident. In the late 19th Century a German scientist, Justus Liebig, discovered brewer's yeast could be concentrated, bottled and eaten. In 1902 the Marmite Food Company was founded in Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire, where the raw material was readily available from the town's brewers.

• Like 1

Manzares is the only American requiring a visa. He met the criteria as national U21 champion and has only had one season. Doesnt the criterua state to achieve the average in 2 years? So even if you apply the 7 (rather than the 5 he arrived on) needing to be achieved he has 2015 to do so. As it stands it doesnt state any rider has to retain the assessed average in the 2nd season if not achieved in the first so he would return on his 6.

Now this may change going forward(and probably should IMO) but we wont know until full details of the reissue of sponsors licences is confirmed along with any new requirements which need to be adhered to to avoid the problem again.

Now ironically of course if he has to come on a 7 Ipswich may choose to keep him and it may mean a Brit loses a place lower down.

So many issues,

1. Under 21 Title is not relevant. Top 4 in the National or State Title

2. Have to either meeting the 7 point average or meeting the National/State Title criteria again.

3. If he doesn't qualify he doesn't qualify. You can't arbitrarily give him a 7 point average and say he qualifies. He doesn't meet the criteria.

I think a few are going to be disappointed. The idea of ther work shops is to discuss the things that have been wrong in the past and make sure they're done correctly now.That means 6-8 riders do not meet the criteria so won't get permit/visa

The U21 title criteria has certainly been quoted - if its a red herring fair enough.

Must confess cant quote Ginos position in state/nationals but given the number of US riders at any kind of level unless he didnt compete would expect he may qualify there.

I didnt say he should arbitarily get a 7 to be able to qualify.

IMO Gino is worthy and does add to the PL. However if he doesnt meet the criteria then so be it and we look elsewhere.

I have championed pro Brit quotas etc so it would be wrong to argue otherwise. Its that kind of 2 faced/Im alright Jack thinking that has been part of the problem.

i think you will find Fisher is also in need of a visa

whoops - he slipped my mind!

Edit just looked at GBE section on BSPA site and see no U21 mentioned.

Also seems quote "to be abke to ride in 2009" at the top so is it correct?

Perhaps there will have been revisions following the workshops. After all there have been indications that the morning was spent with individual promiters whilst the afternoon was a meeting of representatives of UKVI and the management committee.

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

I am pleased if it stops the amount of second rate aussies and americans riding here. #Backthebritishkids

They'll just be replaced by second rate Swedes and Danes instead. Good luck with #BacktheBritishkids.

There are 2 US National Championships listed for 2014. One a series and the other a one of meeting. Not sure which one counts but Manzares was 12th in one and didn't contest the other.

He also didn't make the top 4 of the California State Championship. He may not have raced in that either.

However, if top 4 in a state title is what is required he could maybe be replaced by Adam Mittl, Dave Clark, Jesse Diem or Jerry Harman who were top 4 in the New York state title :D

• Like 1

There are 2 US National Championships listed for 2014. One a series and the other a one of meeting. Not sure which one counts but Manzares was 12th in one and didn't contest the other.

He also didn't make the top 4 of the California State Championship. He may not have raced in that either.

However, if top 4 in a state title is what is required he could maybe be replaced by Adam Mittl, Dave Clark, Jesse Diem or Jerry Harman who were top 4 in the New York state title :D

and this is where without revision of the criteria then NO American will ever fail to meet the criteria so long as the AMA have any kindof pkanning for Speedway - just need to hold the right number of state championships even if there are only 4 entrants to each!

Edit Do they hold a Tasmanian state championsip in Oz?? If not theres four places going begging there and still time to stage one!

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

I am pleased if it stops the amount of second rate aussies and americans riding here. #Backthebritishkids

But you'll just get more utter dross like Palovaara, Konopka and Dilger filling spaces instead. Rules are rules, but if you can keep utter crap like those three riding here and lose the likes of Gino Manzares, Davies and Douglas then the PL will be a poorer place for it.

Edited by Steve Irving

and this is where without revision of the criteria then NO American will ever fail to meet the criteria so long as the AMA have any kindof pkanning for Speedway - just need to hold the right number of state championships even if there are only 4 entrants to each!

Edit Do they hold a Tasmanian state championsip in Oz?? If not theres four places going begging there and still time to stage one!

Well tell the MA to get a move on - I'm in Tasmania for the next week!

I was led to believe they grant the work permits on the say so of the relevant authority (in this case the BSPA) saying they do meet the required criteria - I can name at least 6 that don't meet that criteria.

Go on then.

But you'll just get more utter dross like Palovaara, Konopka and Dilger filling spaces instead. Rules are rules, but if you can keep utter crap like those three riding here and lose the likes of Gino Manzares, Davies and Douglas then the PL will be a poorer place for it.

Agree,

The brutal truth is that the UK is not producing a sufficient quantity of newcomers to displace the EU journeymen referred to by you.

If some on here really believe that PL promoters would choose to spend more on employing an EU rider instead of a UK counterpart of at least equal ability, then they are living in internet fantasy land.

Berwick have just recruited a Slovenian (Vodric) on a 5pt ave to replace their original Australian target (Allen), and expect this trend to continue, rather than a significant increase in numbers moving up from the NL.

Edited by cyclone
  • Like 1

Go on then.

Oky doky, as below:

Taylor Poole, Ryan Douglas, Justin Sedgmen, Mason Campton, Alex Davies, Kozza Smith and Gino Manzares. I've seen no evidence to suggest that Jack Holder should be given a work permit too.

Edited by Najjer

I thought Tasmania only runs sidecars. Not sure I can ever remember riders qualifying out of Tasmania for the Australian Final.

This does raise an interesting question though. I seem to remember the US Nationals and maybe also the California State Championship weren't AMA sanctioned, so how would that affect the qualifying criteria?

In any case, I find it ridiculous that Australia and US state championships should be considered an acceptable qualifying standard, especially as most of them are little more than glorified open meetings. And what are the New Zealand 'state championships' supposed to be?

There was a time that the Tasmanian state final was seen as the gift way for 4 riders to get a work permit. I know Ashley Jones had to ride in it to get his work permit in 2002 for Newport.

Oky doky, as below:

Taylor Poole, Ryan Douglas, Justin Sedgmen, Mason Campton, Alex Davies, Kozza Smith and Gino Manzares. I've seen no evidence to suggest that Jack Holder should be given a work permit too.

sedgmen qualifies as he finished top 4 in victorian titles

There was a time that the Tasmanian state final was seen as the gift way for 4 riders to get a work permit. I know Ashley Jones had to ride in it to get his work permit in 2002 for Newport.

And this will start happening again if that is the requirements for a visa.