British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Bspa Meeting With Ukv&i?

Would be interesting to know how Manzares has been approved and Taylor Poole hasn't ??

Certainly seems to be at odds with each other. As I see it, both are in the same position.

Certainly seems to be at odds with each other. As I see it, both are in the same position.

I agree - I don't know how they have worked that one out.

Puzzled - Sunderland.

The only way I can see it working is if they're now taking the previous 2 seasons into account, but I haven't checked it out rider by rider yet.

The only way I can see it working is if they're now taking the previous 2 seasons into account, but I haven't checked it out rider by rider yet.

at first that would seem logical but then I believe Campton did get the required placing in a state championship in 2013 and doesnt qualify.

Perhaps the US criteria have been adjusted due to the set up there not being in line with the OZ system that it has previously been lumped together with.

Would be interesting to know how Manzares has been approved and Taylor Poole hasn't ??

I don't think any riders have been approved yet. Teams are still waiting for sponsorship certificates aren't they? With one or two excetions.

Best wait and see who does get approved and who doesn't before deciding if there are any irregularities.

If the previous 2 seasons were to count, this is how I see it panning out;

The Probables*
Smith 2013 average
Manzares surely not 2013 Western States (1st)? otherwise DNQ
Davies 2013 average
Holder 2013 NSW (2nd)
The Refused
Wethers DNQ
Poole DNQ
Campton DNQ Only placed in U21 state championships
The Rest
Henry DNQ
Harrison DNQ
Skidmore EU passport?
* according to their prospective promoters

Do Henry & Harrison not qualify through residency, a la Doolan, Watt etc

Whoops! Yes, brain fade on Harrison, Henry I don't know about.

Henry has dual Nationality. Grandparents British as well.

USA national jr team's planned Europeans tour have been cancelled due to visa issues.

So is it likely that the same reason/rules that forced lots of EL-riders to re-apply for a visa now also prevents

the USA national jr team from coming here and doing friendly meetings?

Cannot see the reason for the non issue of a temp visa for a visiting team. It is not as if they are looking to come to the UK for a year and go on the dole etc if there job ends.

Would this mean that no junior international athletic team event, footy or cricket competition can now take place in the UK.

• Like 3

Cannot see the reason for the non issue of a temp visa for a visiting team. It is not as if they are looking to come to the UK for a year and go on the dole etc if there job ends.

Would this mean that no junior international athletic team event, footy or cricket competition can now take place in the UK.

You'd have thought so, wouldn't you. Maybe it's down to the BSPA not being qualified to act as a sponsor at this particular time?

You'd have thought so, wouldn't you. Maybe it's down to the BSPA not being qualified to act as a sponsor at this particular time?

I would have thought the Speedway Authority would have been involved with the meeting with the UKv&i and got this sort of situation sorted out at the same time as the clubs were being advised.

I think it's no problem if no money or only prize money is involved, but maybe the authorities have tired of speedway flaunting the regulations?

• Like 1

Perhaps if they came from certain other parts of the World there wouldn't be a problem.

We seem to take anybody, it seems, but not American or Australian Speedway Riders who have means of supporting themselves. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It's a bloody disgrace. :angry: :angry:

• Like 2