British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Bspa Meeting With Ukv&i?

Do the required averages include bonus points?

If not there is no way Aussie or USA riders are going to be team riding.

Your team is on a 5-1 with the Aussie in second place as they enter the last bend, the Aussie goes to the front knocking his 'teammate' out of the way and allowing an opponent through for second place. Gonna happen every week as the visa riders fight to achieve the average they need for the next season

• Like 1

Do the required averages include bonus points?

If not there is no way Aussie or USA riders are going to be team riding.

Your team is on a 5-1 with the Aussie in second place as they enter the last bend, the Aussie goes to the front knocking his 'teammate' out of the way and allowing an opponent through for second place. Gonna happen every week as the visa riders fight to achieve the average they need for the next season

Well it might add a little bit of something to the mix,,,

A wouldn't worry about it at Newcastle tho,,, cos no-one knows how to team ride there, lol ;-)

• Like 2

I see football has announced plans to restrict the number of non EU players.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32024808

Can't help but wonder if this is part of the same issue being dressed up as an FA decision.

Can't help but wonder if this is part of the same issue being dressed up as an FA decision.

No problems for me. Was first mooted in 2013 by the FA.

About time too. It makes me laugh when I hear them on the Television talking about the ENGLISH Premier League.

Who the hell do they think they are kidding? :mad: :mad: :mad:

Is this really going to have much impact? Can't see any of the overseas players in the Premier League (except perhaps Winston Reid?) being affected.

sounds like it will make it impossible for kiwis and some Africans to play in UK, but easier for players from top south American and non eu European nations.

Just reading the article on the argentine girl who is possibly coming over for practice /second half's. Personally no problem with this but how will a visa be given when the usa "dream" team couldn't get any arranged.

Just reading the article on the argentine girl who is possibly coming over for practice /second half's. Personally no problem with this but how will a visa be given when the usa "dream" team couldn't get any arranged.

Perhaps she's the top rider in Argentina.

• Like 1

Lot of Argies have Italian passports I think.Maybe she has one or can get one.Read that Italian workers used to work 6 months in Europe and then go to Argentina to work there in the European winter

Is this really going to have much impact? Can't see any of the overseas players in the Premier League (except perhaps Winston Reid?) being affected.

sounds like it will make it impossible for kiwis and some Africans to play in UK, but easier for players from top south American and non eu European nations.

Minimal, of 24 transfers in the last three seasons between Non-EU Countries and our PL, if the new criteria was being used it would only have affected eights transfers. Part of the problem will be many Brazilians have connections with Portugal and could have dual nationalities, same with some Argentinians having links with Italy. But I suppose it is at least a start.

Minimal, of 24 transfers in the last three seasons between Non-EU Countries and our PL, if the new criteria was being used it would only have affected eights transfers. Part of the problem will be many Brazilians have connections with Portugal and could have dual nationalities, same with some Argentinians having links with Italy. But I suppose it is at least a start.

Well something needs to be done - the Premiership, and other Leagues seem to have totally changed in character to what they used to be. NOT for the better either. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Edited by The White Knight
  • Like 1

Well something needs to be done - the Premiership, and other Leagues seem to have totally changed in character to what they used to be. NOT for the better either. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Whether its Non EU players, or players from the EU, its the journeymen players who are in the squads and don't play, they are the one who you could argue are clogging up a place that might be given to a home grown player. Must admit though I have always thought if your good enough you will get there.

Whether its Non EU players, or players from the EU, its the journeymen players who are in the squads and don't play, they are the one who you could argue are clogging up a place that might be given to a home grown player. Must admit though I have always thought if your good enough you will get there.

i agree with this statement to a point - however it could be argued that they don't get the intial chance

• Like 1

i agree with this statement to a point - however it could be argued that they don't get the intial chance

I'm afraid that I do not agree with that statement. You only have to look at Chelsea. They have an Academy - what the hell for? They rarely if ever get through to the First Team these days and if Mourinho is short of a Player - he doesn't look at Academy Players generally - he just buys somebody else.

• Like 1

I'm afraid that I do not agree with that statement. You only have to look at Chelsea. They have an Academy - what the hell for? They rarely if ever get through to the First Team these days and if Mourinho is short of a Player - he doesn't look at Academy Players generally - he just buys somebody else.

You could be right, though apart from Daniel Sturridge who has failed to make it at Chelsea but has gone to another PL club and been a regular first team player in the first team.