Robson Coventry
Rose (Swindon) King's Lynn

Sarjeant (Coventry)
Starke (Somerset)
Stead (Sheffield)
Wells (Coventry)
S Worrall (Belle Vue)
Wright (Workington)

Lewis Blackbird is owned by Mildenhall, so who gets priority, Wolves or Panthers ? Cardinal Sin, please don't come on here & say he belongs to Ipswich, because he doesn't. P.M. me & I will prove it to you.

I can't believe you're still banging this drum over and over again. I'm not debating this with you, you're wrong and that's a fact.

You say you're a sponsor of Lewis and he's told you personally that he's a Mildenhall asset. I don't disbelieve you at all, and perhaps Blackbird does genuinely think he is a Mildenhall asset..

The EL should always get priority unless the rider is owned by his PL team. What other sport would give their second tier priority? Then again what other sport lets participants play for more than one team in professional competiton?

The asset system is ridiculous and needs scrapping, priority should be sorted via level of competition. That said, if the EL had a set race night that no clubs in lower tiers were allowed to race on then there would be no clashes whatsoever.

But why shouldn't it be that the first club the rider signs for gets priority? Also what happens if a rider signs for another team once the season has started? eg Olli Allen, believe he is owned by Swindon but what would happen if he were to sign for an EL club in April. Would he then have to forego his Peterborough fixtures for his new EL club?

As for race night, would be better id EL and PL were on different nights. its the fridays that are the problem.....

I can't believe you say its a fact but don't give any evidence to back your claim up. By the way, you are debating this with me.

Foolishly I've been drawn in again. I've already stated weeks ago that I'd said my last word on the matter and I find myself "debating" with you again, you're quite right.

I shouldn't have joined in the conversation in the first place, but alas it's too late. There are eyes on this forum as I'm sure you know, and I genuinely don't want to get myself in trouble (if I'm not already) by debating further.

If it makes you feel any better, Lewis Blackbird is a Mildenhall asset.

Now that IS my last word on the matter.

Edited by CardinalSin

The guys from Lynn like Lewis Kerr and Robert Lambert will ride for lynn first then i guess with rider not riding for there clubs they are owned by is who ever they signed for first.

The guys from Lynn like Lewis Kerr and Robert Lambert will ride for lynn first then i guess with rider not riding for there clubs they are owned by is who ever they signed for first.

the rule has now been confirmed that if the rider isnt riding for their parent club then priority is with the club in the same league as his parent club (not who he signed for first)

An example of this is Edward Kennett. He is riding for Lakeside (EL) & Rye house (PL)

As his parent club Coventry are an EL club, this means Lakeside will get priority over fixture clashes

the rule has now been confirmed that if the rider isnt riding for their parent club then priority is with the club in the same league as his parent club (not who he signed for first)

An example of this is Edward Kennett. He is riding for Lakeside (EL) & Rye house (PL)

As his parent club Coventry are an EL club, this means Lakeside will get priority over fixture clashes

There's nowt so queer as Speedway's Rules and Regulations. :blink: :blink:

• Like 2

Surely if the meeting is a rearranged one by the EL teams, it would be fair and justifiable to let the rider/s in question to ride for a previously agreed PL fixture.

• Like 3

Surely if the meeting is a rearranged one by the EL teams, it would be fair and justifiable to let the rider/s in question to ride for a previously agreed PL fixture.

that will be the case if the fixture is rearranged and not an original one

• Like 1

if I was a club that had signed a rider expecting them to be available for all my meetings as they weren't contracted to another club, I think I would be more than a bit peeved if they signed for another, something I couldn't prevent, that then meant they were going to miss x % of my meetings.

This just seems like a strange rule to me - think it should have stopped as being he who signs first, gets priority

• Like 4

Lewis Blackbird is owned by Mildenhall, so who gets priority, Wolves or Panthers ? Cardinal Sin, please don't come on here & say he belongs to Ipswich, because he doesn't. P.M. me & I will prove it to you.

11660886813_344f3a7bd4_o.png

Re Lewis Blackbird.

Individuals cannot own riders assets and have not been able to for years. Chris Louis cannot own him.

Lewis signed as a Mildenhall asset and as far as I know has never been sold. He certainly does not belong to Chris.

• Like 1