British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Smith

Race Suit Regulations

When you see riders in their practice sessions it is clear that the black legs has been removed from the regulations and it looks better. You wouldn't expect all Premier League football teams to wear the same colour shorts and socks.

Having said that I really like the Wolves suit that is virtually all black,

Hope you have good lighting at Monmore... :o

• Like 1

Iversen's kevlars need to be changed, as Trees said, it was a mistake by manufacturer

Iversen's kevlars need to be changed, as Trees said, it was a mistake by manufacturer

That may be the case but what I was getting at really was that there's nothing in the 2015 regulations that says the legs part of the reacesuits have to be black

Legs have to be black?!? Pathetic rule.

And as banning gopro's? Ridiculous. You get great footage from them. Surely the riders can choose whether or not they want to use them? As long as the choice is the riders then I cannot see the problem. And yes I know the risk of attaching a protruding camera to a crash helmet.

And as banning gopro's? Ridiculous. You get great footage from them. Surely the riders can choose whether or not they want to use them? As long as the choice is the riders then I cannot see the problem. And yes I know the risk of attaching a protruding camera to a crash helmet.

Put a helmet on and go and bang your head on a brick wall. Now do the same but rather than on a brick wall use a spike. See how effective the helmet is now! the go-pro is in effect that spike. anything that exerts the pressure on a smaller area is going to be a danger. It makes sense to ban them from a safety POV, it's nothing to being kill joys stopping coverage or even them being caught.

Michael Schumacher had a gopro camera attached to his helmet when he had his skiing accident. The accident investigators believe this to be a factor in causing the helmet to be weakened and split.

• Like 2

Helmets are more or less round for a good reason, to my way of thinking there are safer places for cameras.

• Like 1

Michael Schumacher had a gopro camera attached to his helmet when he had his skiing accident. The accident investigators believe this to be a factor in causing the helmet to be weakened and split.

There ya go then, NO ARGUMENT!!

Hans Andersen was using a camera strapped to his chest at Coventry P & P on Friday.

ATB

Dave

Corrrect, and as a result of his injuries, the association of helmet manufacturers, have advised the FIM that the helmets are not suitable for a camera mount, on the grounds of rider safety. The SCB is just following and applying rules given the advice they have been issued. As others have said, and this years rule book states, any cameras must be bike mounted safely. If Hans continues to try to use a chest camera, I would think that would be banned in due course, using SCB's analogy above regarding the spike theory.

• Like 2

Surely a camera can be fitted to the handle bars very easily - admittedly it might be pointing outwards when the bike is sliding?!

How come it's OK for MotoX riders to wear them and not speedway riders? Is it because it's an FIM advisory and not a rule? Have the SCB made the actual rule?

Let the riders know the risks, let them make their own choice. That's my view for what it's worth.

Just stick it on the peak rather than the helmet itself. Sorted.

Let the riders know the risks, let them make their own choice. That's my view for what it's worth.

Doesn't work like that.

If a rider had a bad accident whilst using a helmet cam, the insurance would want to know why the SCB allowed a rider to race with a helmet cam when they had already been given advice from the FIM about the dangers.