British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tigerish

Sheffield Vs Scunthorpe Lc 26/03/2015

Anybody know what was wrong with Mr. Howe our captain & no 1 rider tonight ?

Guest WTF1

Anybody know what was wrong with Mr. Howe our captain & no 1 rider tonight ?

Mr Howe is always poor around Sheffield and to class him as a no 1 with an average just over 7 is a joke, it's early days yet but with the set up and inexperience of the team it's vital that Howe can start scoring double figures at away tracks with Scunny having lost the heart of the team with the loss of Jorgensen/ Birks and the temporary loss of Douglas

would have been a bigger victory if not for the 2 exclusions when tigers were on 5-1`s in both heats, that resulted in a rerun 4-2 and a shared heat.some consolation for scorps fans is that lunna could turn out to be an exciting talent around the EWR if he can curb his youthful exhuberance.

would have been a bigger victory if not for the 2 exclusions when tigers were on 5-1`s in both heats, that resulted in a rerun 4-2 and a shared heat.some consolation for scorps fans is that lunna could turn out to be an exciting talent around the EWR if he can curb his youthful exhuberance.

Thought the score could of been closer if Howe hadn't stopped whilst second also lunna stopped while second think though it was about right . Nike will only get better for us and think bellego is in for a massive season looked very good

Machinery problems at this stage of the season...would of thought the winter break was the time to get your machinery in tip top condition ready for the start of the campaign...the problem has now being identified..let's hope so !!

• Like 5

Thinking about booking a table when we're up next. How much is it?

Believe it's £9.95, which appears a bit steep, but when you consider you're a 'captive audience' and you can actually sit and watch the entertainment, it's not that bad when you compare it to other sporting events and venues.

Owlerton is quite a good venue when you look at the amenities and the stadium/track, when compared to other places you can visit in the sport. Not that I'm knocking any where else in any of the leagues, if they've got a team and they race, they're good enough for me!

Think the only word to describe Stead last night is imperious. I know its early in the season, but on the basis of what we have seen we were trying to work out which riders might get close to him around Owlerton - Cook, Allen and Masters were about the only ones we could think of.

What's the view on Sissis? Think he will take a bit of time to get there in full race conditions, but he looked comfortable on the bike at least, wasore orless on the pace and managed to keep Auty behind him for a couple of laps before a slight mistake let him through

Came over for a look last night be it against a poor Scunthorpe side but i think that Sheffield are in for a very good season.They looked strong right through the team.Steady will take some beating round there(hope he can bring some of this form with him when he rides for us) and Compton looks to have come back as good as ever.Bellego and Birks love the place,Proctor does not seem to be the rider he was but looks like he can still score well every week(if he can get back to where he was then bingo) and Bates looks like a very strong reserve and will score plenty of points.Sissis made a good few mistakes but was mostly on the pace i think he has the talent to improve all he needs is plenty of laps and the fans patience this team is good enougth to carry him for a while.Best of luck for the season its about time for both our teams to be back up there.

Edited by B.V 72

It's interesting to read that Ashley Holloway's company are doing all the Tigers riders bikes this season...

How does that work ?...does the club pay for that or how is it financed ?...AshTech certainly won't be doing it out of the goodness of their hearts.

I know when my brother in law rode , he definitely would not have accepted that if it ate into his pay for points deal...or it cost him money up front..or any money basically......he'd have wanted to carry on preparing the bikes himself rather than pay out for somebody else to do them......now if it was totally free to him then maybe a different story.........so I was wondering how this Holloway deal is funded as far as club and riders are concerned.

Ashley advises 35 heats before a strip down. 6 of the team already use Ashtec Engines so a beginning of season service is anything from £700.

Arthur has ashtec GM's maybe new maybe used.

£20,000 way over the top.

Just took it from his website. A general price without knowing "THE DEAL". http://www.ash-tech.pl/index.php/for-sale-prices

Who says there is any deal? If Ashley Holloway is one of the top regarded tuners in the country its not a huge surprise many riders use him.

In addition if he is preparing good engines that fly round Sheffield why wouldn't they all want to be on board with that.

With a good client base maybe Ash attends most Sheffield meetings so can see how the riders / engines are performing and make the required adjustments. Plus locality means he could collect / deliver engines to all.

Theres not always a dark ulterior motive......lets face it the way Steady is going at the moment the others would be mad not to be using the same tuner!

• Like 1

Why didn't Scunthorpe use a second tactical ride?

Because you're only allowed to use 1 this year,

• Like 1

Always a bit dangerous to draw too many conclusions about the up-coming season from the first fixture, however I would be quite safe in predicting that Stead will not drop many points at Owlerton this year !

Putting my head on the block:

Tigers to have a much better home record this year and the home fans to be much happier than in 2014.

Once Howe gets the bikes sorted I think that Scunthorpe will be competitive at home but struggle away.