British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow Tigers V Edinburgh Monarchs Spring Trophy 1st Leg Sunday March 29th 2015 At 3pm

Conditions for both teams meant several riders on both teams got blinded by wet shale and ended up touring around, so accusations of didn't fancy it are a bit off. Simple fact it was a day you had to gate, miss it and unless you could get past on turn 2 that was pretty much that.

As for should it have started only the promotions and the ref know the whys and fors. All i'll say is if a promotion gets a rep for forcing meetings thru on very wet tracks with virtually no entertainment value punters notice and vote with their feet at the slightest hint of rain as Edin noticed 4 or 5 years ago.

The majority of edin ppl seem to have spoken very highly of the new stadium, especially the new entrance area and the dress of the match day personnel with the only negative comments being about the usual organisational snags that hit any new operation - in this case problems with controlling the disabled access areas.These things happen and will no doubt be worked on in the coming weeks.

You need to grow some thicker hide if you think mentioning about the bumps in the track is "continually have to make derogatory remarks about anything Glasgow". Try thinking about that when certain tigers posters constantly refer to "The Scum" on here.

Nothing to do with thicker hide the bumps on the track are just the tip off the iceberg with his anti Glasgow comments but you are correct the scum remark has no place on here or anywhere else banter is one thing but that is way beyond banter and can't be condoned.

Stadium is looking very good some small teething problems but to be expected and a healthy turnout from the East.

healthy turnout from the East.

But will they return in 3 weeks or will it be back to the usual handful?

It would be a great atmosphere if they did and the weather played its part. #olivebranch #willwaitandsee

regardless of the size or shape, a bit of shale and water makes all the difference... Seen some more good meetings on muck than when there's a blue groove after heat 3... Just my preference.

Have to agree,the throttle control and skill have been taken out of the the sport and riders nowadays will only ride on dry ,slick tracks (unless open meetings where they might lose earnings if they don't poodle round ).Fans have gave up turning up if there is a

Cloud in the sky. Health and Safety rules nowadays ,it's no good promotions moaning about the weather affecting their business when for years they have done nothing to stop technology taking over the sport.IMO

Depends on the shape of the track. Suits Sheffield, Somerset & Peterborough, but not Newcastle & Rye House.

The only trouble is Peterborough's as slick as pig s**t, and no shale

Healthy around 1,500

Glasgow has the third highest heart attack rate in Britain, so hardly healthy

• Like 2

naa, the Glasgow glory hunters have ordered and paid for 5 hours of brilliant sunshine..it was paid via B.A.C.S. and put into the bank account of dog. cos they arnt allowed.

Shut it! Would you pay £15 to walk on dog sh@ No didn't think so, you just talk it.

• Like 1

Tigers fans I am envious. At lakeside we are lucky if we get a new light bulb in the back straight toilet!

• Like 1

Tigers fans I am envious. At lakeside we are lucky if we get a new light bulb in the back straight toilet!

The legendary toilet at Swindon is best used without any working light bulbs... ;)

• Like 2

The legendary toilet at Swindon is best used without any working light bulbs... ;)

I know, I have sampled it's delights on many occasions!

The back straight viewing just below the pits(yes, below the pits) is fantstic. Bit of a fright when young Riss crashed out just below me though he managed to make the medics laugh!. Hopes he is ok.

• Like 1

With it being their first meeting i know they wanted to get it on but that was a joke it shouldn't have even started. Cook and Sedgmen having to pull up a lap into the first race and take their goggles of becuase they couldn't even see.

Tack was like slush riders rolling round at times as they couldn't even turn poor show.

Spent all that money and havn't even got rid of the holes going into bends 1&3.

On a side note hope young Riss is okay took a couple of sore ones today. hopefully be fine for Friday.

Listen fat man, the turns into the bends are new. If we wait until the weater dries and the track firm up the season will be half way through. Just because your new Polish superstar bitch can't wear enough tear offs isn't our problem.

Should've saved the money spent on stadium improvements and just bought a giant tent

Roof could be next. :t::cheers:

• Like 2

Did you go Dek??

PMSL. :D

• Like 3

A new covered area for handicapped spectators is a great idea and one to be commended, it reminded me not all are as fortune as me!

I was there in a wheelchair an great idea but not at Glasgow hardly seen a thing more abled bodies blocking view so unless they restrict to disabled and carers/family won't work also too low just got covered in shale.

i see mr blobby was in charge of the meeting today. wee bit of rain never hurt anyone, except the paying public. good to hear you wasted money on travelling. wouldn't it have been nice if Glasgow had told as many fans as poss it was off.those 1500 fans seen 11 heats of dross.i would have stayed at home.