British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough V Rye House Plc Friday 27th March

Well done to the Rockets, know the felling of early injuries to riders. Hope we do well tomorrow evening against Somerset.

Yes, well done and your 'missing' Rocket, Ed, didn't have a bad evening either. Unbeaten in his programmed rides before being plunged into one too far, heat 15.

Well done Rye, good result get well soon Olly, hope you are not out for too long.

• Like 1

Hope it turns out ok for olly,hope he's soon back

Edited by coomie

Olly took a heavy fall into the first bend air fence after running out of room outside Nikolai Jakobsen. A few Panthers fans booed the decision to exclude him, but it was the correct decision.

Hope his injuries aren't as bad as suspected.

Big wet kiss from me if that happens

Gonna do that in public now? :)

Really hope that Olly's injuries turn out not to be serious once the full details of same are known. Meanwhile my best wishes go out to him.

Edited by Bryn

Rye House Press Release::

Rockets Repeat!
For the second year in a row, the Restart Rockets came, saw and conquered Peterborough at the East of England Showground in their first away match of the campaign.
Twelve months ago, their season quickly evaporated after they had beaten the Panthers 46-44 in the League Cup. This time, the score-line was a more resounding 51-40 in the same competition - and against a team that has once again been identified by many as front-runners in the chase for silverware. You kinda get the feeling, though, that the Rockets’ season is unlikely to dissipate in quite the same way this time around.
The early signs pointed towards a tight encounter, with the score a tantalising 16-14 in Rye’s favour when former Rocket Olly Allen crashed heavily while trying to round Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen in Heat 6. The Peterborough No.1 was subsequently taken to hospital in great discomfort with a suspected broken leg and ankle, and the Rockets took total control thereafter.
A 5-1 to Jakobsen and stand-in captain Luke Bowen in the re-run quickly lifted the points spread to 21-15, and another maximum – this time from Robin Aspegren and Kasper Lykke in Heat 8 took the score to 29-19. Robert Lambert’s first lap fall when nominated for double points and seemingly on the way to a maximum finish alongside Lewis Blackbird in the next race effectively ended the match as a contest, although there were further Rye 5-1s to come from Anders Mellgren-Steve Boxall (Heat 10) and guest Sam Masters-Jakobsen (Heat 13).
Maximum points from Lambert and Ulrich Ostergaard in the final race gave a slightly more balanced look to the score, but in fairness the Peterborough offence centred solely around that duo, plus Blackbird.
The Rockets, in contrast, were a well-rounded unit, with Kasper Lykke (7+4) and Robin Aspegren (8+2) hitting double figures and all seven riders paid for at least 8.
Luke Bowen was amongst those rattling up the points himself, with 7+2, but before talking about the Rockets’ performance was quick to pay tribute to Allen, whose injury cast a shadow over the match. “Olly is a good mate and a real racer, and my uncle (Keith Bowen’s Elmside Transport) is one of his sponsors. I really wish him a speedy recovery.”
On a more positive note, “It was an awesome night again for the team, and really encouraging for all of us. Hopefully we can carry on in the same vein for the rest of the year.
“I was pleased with my own performance too, but more importantly I was proud of all the boys, proud to be captain and proud that we got the win.”
The Rockets’ victory – which earned them a maximum four away match points – sets them up nicely for tomorrow’s home cruncher against Somerset, who won at Peterborough on Sunday, in what now becomes a head-to-head between the early front-runners in the Southern group.
It promises to be something special, and it starts at 7pm.
Rye House scorers:
Robin Aspegren 8+2 (5 rides), Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen 8+1 (5), Sam Masters (guest) 8 (4), Steve Boxall 8, Kasper Lykke 7+4 (4), Luke Bowen 7+2 (4), Anders Mellgren 5+2 (4)
Peterborough scorers
Robert Lambert 12+1 (5 rides, inc 2 as a TR), Ulrich Ostergaard 11+1 (5), Lewis Blackbird 8 (4), Michael Palm Toft 3 (4), Ollie Greenwood 3 (6), Olly Allen 2 (2), Simon Nielsen (guest) 1 (4)
Match Points: Peterborough 0 Rye House 4

Gonna do that in public now? :)

If our paths ever cross (unlikely) and Jenga makes himself/herself known (even more unlikely) then of course. I'm a man of my word.

Fingers crossed it ain't a bloke!

Edited by Shads

Great result for Rye that..tidy team Len has put out this year

Can anyone tell me why there was a begging bucket out for Roynans kevlars as wer cut off him.....yet MPT is wearing them?

Olly took a heavy fall into the first bend air fence after running out of room outside Nikolai Jakobsen. A few Panthers fans booed the decision to exclude him, but it was the correct decision.

not me , decision was 100% correct , olly was a lot faster whats jakobsen suppose to do wave him past .Very impressed with rockets last night esp lykee he certainly attacked the track :t:

how often do you shave ? shads.. :party:

Edited by jenga

not me , decision was 100% correct , olly was a lot faster whats jakobsen suppose to do wave him past .Very impressed with rockets last night esp lykee he certainly attacked the track :t:

Kasper was a firm favourite at Glasgow last season, can't gate for toffee but never gives up and is a real racer
  • Like 1

Arguably a nightmare start of season for Panthers with two of the team now out with seemingly long term injuries. It would also seem that Friday nights are not the panacea predicted by many..

what's jakobsen suppose to do wave him past .

No, but he is supposed to turn left. Not saying that I disagree with the decision but wouldn't have disagreed if Jakobsen have been excluded for unfair riding. I suppose if that was going into the 3rd bend then the decision wouldn't have been questioned which perhaps agrees with the ref's decision.

Edited by Crump99