British Speedway Forum
Tigerish

Sheffield Vs Redcar 02-04-15 Lc

I can guarantee that the track certainly was NOT prepared to the numbers 1's liking!! Far from it... No dirt, what fun is that?

Whether you win by 1 or 30 you get 3 points this year at home so it doesn't matter.

This is off-topic so I apologise, but I have to say I don't think a rule change has ever p1ssed me off more than this one. Apparently fans were "disappointed and frustrated" seeing their team drop a point for winning by less than 6. Here's a novel thought, push your team to ride better and score more then you can have another point.

It's indicative of modern day society that people get "frustrated" because their team isn't as good as another's so we they just pander to these people. Makes me sick.

• Like 2

Agreed, personally thought that the scoring system was good - it rewarded strong away performances, something that in speedway is not as easy as in other sports

I agree, unnecessary tinkering of what was a good scoring system. Speedway shoots itself in the foot yet again.

Ha ha! A cricket score eh? Can only assume it was 474-0 (declared?) and someone put the dash in the wrong place!

Just taking the mick! Seriously though just shows the way speedway goes sometimes. We all know that Sheffield have the superior side this year but with the apparent state of the track a few less engine problems for Matej, Robson riding (should have scored more than 6?) and the Bears might have pinched a point (or dare I say more?). On the other hand a few less problems for Compton and Bates not getting ruled out of the meeting you might well have got your cricket score!

Well done to the Tigers and dare I say I'm happy with a 7 point defeat?

Agreed, personally thought that the scoring system was good - it rewarded strong away performances, something that in speedway is not as easy as in other sports

It's a straight forward 3pts for home win. All other points scoring remains the same in EL & PL.

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=78049&page=14 post #199

Edited by IronScorpion

Both teams were hampered by different issues last night. Compton & Kus having mechanical problems probably evened out that issue. However with Robbo riding and at his best Redcar might have taken the win.

Josh Bates could have cost Sheffield last night, does he never learn from previous experience? Konopka made a good pass on him coming into the third bend, last lap, so Josh 'powers on' collects him and takes them both into the fence. Crazy! He injured himself last year exactly the same. Luckily Konopka was able to walk away, but it knackered his bike for the rest of the meeting and in my view cost him points in the remainder of his rides.

Josh really needs to mature and accept that from time to time he'll have to give a little and earn a little less. The fact that he and Arthur had total control of heat two until they came onto the last lap, when their track positioning allowed Konopka to make his move, may have pi**ed him off, but he needs to think more about the consequences of his actions. He was down to ride in two meetings today and an apparent bout of petulance might have cost him more than just a sore shoulder & leg!

Edited by Steve55

Last year in one of the meetings v Scorpions, TJ got out of shape exiting bend 2, subsequently blocking Bates on the outside. The following lap, Bates just ran up the inside & into TJ taking them both down.

happiness used to be 40/38 , now in this comp its 46/44... tinkerMEN strike again..

josh bates KEEP HIM AWAY FROM WALLS AS WELL..

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

Was good to get the win last night on a track which certainly did not suit us and certainly evened things up a bit !

Heat 13 was as others say worth the admission money alone, reminded me of a battle between Sean Wilson & Bjarne Pedersen years ago.

Josh Bates was daft and needs to calm down a tad at times.

Other than a crap ref, track ruined by weather and stock cars the meeting was ok ! Late start was a bit annoying also.

Why do you think the referee wasn't very good? He didn't get anything wrong from what I could see.

Riders now meant to go back straight to tapes for a re run. Meeting started late enough for some reason and heat one just took forever, if there is movement allow rider to settle then it saves messing about !

Kus missed two minutes but was allowed to race, clock on back straight very handy !

Some delays were unavoidable like the 2 crashes and a rider going out twice in a row but rest of meeting just seemed to drag ! Starting on time would be a good start and that was maybe promotion, don't advertise half 7 if it isn't going to be.

Edited by whoswinnin86

Without efs (ect) is Steady going to average about 11.5 at home this year ?and how is Sissis looking?.I believe in Sissis you have a fine rider for the future i also think the Tigers will be around the play/ off places this year and Compton could be the key rider.

Without efs (ect) is Steady going to average about 11.5 at home this year ?and how is Sissis looking?.I believe in Sissis you have a fine rider for the future i also think the Tigers will be around the play/ off places this year and Compton could be the key rider.

If Steady rides all year like he is at the moment, there will be very few riders beat him at Owlerton, although Lasse Bjerre gave it one hell of an effort in Heat 13 on Thursday, early contender for race of the season.

Arthur may take a bit of time but he improved massively from the Scunny meeting to the Redcar meeting and I can only see him getting better with the more laps he gets.

Edited by Tigerite
  • Like 1

If Steady rides all year like he is at the moment, there will be very few riders beat him at Owlerton, although Lasse Bjerre gave it one hell of an effort in Heat 13 on Thursday, early contender for race of the season.

Arthur may take a bit of time but he improved massively from the Scunny meeting to the Redcar meeting and I can only see him getting better with the more laps he gets.

Thanks Tigerite, if Arthur can have a few meeting's where he has 5/6 rides he will get better and better.Is Andre a key rider? that heat 1 partnership looks a very strong one.