British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crescent girl

Berwick V Edinburgh Lc Saturday, April 11

Good performance by the Monarchs, kudos to Rob Branford and the top 2.

Can't help but to be reminded of Exeter with the similarity in situations with tracks squeezed in around a rugger/football pitch. Lay a smooth track the place is a gaters paradise, only way to win is a bumpy wet track that spooks the away guys but irritates the purists. Hell of a quandary to be in.

• Like 3

I think we knew last nights result before the first heat had started. A number one that isn't fit, using r/r to for matic and a reserve learning the ropes wasn't a recipe for success. Barker should never have been riding last night whether he wanted to or not. He should've had another week off and back for next weeks meeting, the meetings that actually count!!. He clearly wasn't fully fit. hope he hasn't made the injury worse. As for who we sign think it should be a new rider, Arnio would be a step back. Kai Huckenbeck would do a job after watching last nights pairs, think he'd cum in on a 5 ??. As for crangy he needs to learn his trade and plus what other 3 pointers is there going about apart from Bradley Wilson dean?

speedway will never survive with a deluded mindset ... As a business You need to look after loyal customers, not jonny come lately who comes every other week for the craic..a business relys on providing a product to please the customer, once pleased they are very likely to come back and spread there glee to others who will then become customers and so on.

dont keep the regulars happy, the ones that have kept you afloat for years, what chance have you attracting and keeping new customers??

Working with supporters clubs would be a start, instead of divide and rule.

Perfectly put, the Supporters Clubs doesn't even get a mention on the clubs news letters, I will check last nights programme as I am sure up coming events will be advertised there.

Perfectly put, the Supporters Clubs doesn't even get a mention on the clubs news letters, I will check last nights programme as I am sure up coming events will be advertised there.

worst mistake they made was alienating the supporters club
  • Like 2

We could drag up the old strength in depth debate versus top heavy but seems foolish after a handful of matches... Essentially warmup matches that don't really count for much before the league business begins.

Let's put things into perspective... We have one of the leagues top riders in Ben Barker at number 1. The compromise of this is having one of the least experienced reserves in Luke Crang. Let's not beat around the bush here. He is coming back from injury and is going to take some time to find his feet, especially considering he will be visiting many tracks for the first time. This is a results based business though and you wonder how long he will be given to get going.

Ben was clearly not fit, and when he gets to fitness, he will be near unbeatable around Shielfield in a similar vein to Cookie and Steady around their home tracks.

To simplify the gate and go debate, ask Lee Complin how to pass round Berwick...

Your right, though be careful, you may be hit with the "your just looking for self importance, or attention seeking" stick. :D

I think we knew last nights result before the first heat had started. A number one that isn't fit, using r/r to for matic and a reserve learning the ropes wasn't a recipe for success. Barker should never have been riding last night whether he wanted to or not. He should've had another week off and back for next weeks meeting, the meetings that actually count!!. He clearly wasn't fully fit. hope he hasn't made the injury worse. As for who we sign think it should be a new rider, Arnio would be a step back. Kai Huckenbeck would do a job after watching last nights pairs, think he'd cum in on a 5 ??. As for crangy he needs to learn his trade and plus what other 3 pointers is there going about apart from Bradley Wilson dean?

Barker should not have ridden last night, it might've been wise for the club to insist he had at least one practice to see if there was a reaction, it wasn't as if they would struggle to find a guest given Barkers average.

Supporters Club events not mentioned in programme or by centre green presenter

I've always found it strange that your not allowed to complain without being shot down in flames , if you went to a football or rugby match or went to the cinema and what you saw there was poor you'd quite happily complain about that so why is that when you see a bad meeting you can't say so ?

speedway will never survive with a deluded mindset ... As a business You need to look after loyal customers, not jonny come lately who comes every other week for the craic..a business relys on providing a product to please the customer, once pleased they are very likely to come back and spread there glee to others who will then become customers and so on.

dont keep the regulars happy, the ones that have kept you afloat for years, what chance have you attracting and keeping new customers??

Working with supporters clubs would be a start, instead of divide and rule.

I'm not sure what you mean about divide and rule with supporters club?

Have I missed something?

One of the points I was making is that a lot of regulars (including one who has gone since the very beginning) still enjoy it.

OK, they accept that there wasn't a lot of passing last night, but Cook was superb. They also accept that we have started the season against two of the top teams.

They also accept that we have had a bit of bad luck with the 2 injuries.

They also thought that the remainder of the team all put in a decent shift.

He is a diehard, but not a glory hunter.

He is also realistic about what speedway is, and his expectations.

Don't be fooled by the few who come on here and regulary stick the boot in on here.

They are not representative of the wider picture: look around this forum, it is generally the same types from all clubs.

I don't see the point of coming on here and making passive aggressive threats about not coming back, or that people are going to walk if things aren't done their way.

Why don't they decide not to go if they hate it so much?

The fact is that they need something to moan about, and also an internet forum gives them an inflated sense of self importance.

If I were the club, I'd invite them along to a meeting to get everything off their chest, because there will be criticisms that are fair and can be put in place.

Surely that is a better way to do it?

Let's just take one example. There was a constant complaint about us not having an out and out number 1 for years.

So, the club signed Ricky who banged in the points and got the big wins for us.

Now we have Barker, but not a peep on here about how good a signing he is: kind of says it all really.

Some people must just like a good moan!

Thankfully we have Robin on form with some witty posts to relieve the depression on here!

• Like 1

Wölbert is a rider who hasn't ever really pulled any trees up at Berwick. ..and to be honest I'm not sure why.

Continental tracks are wide entering the corners unlike Berwick and he's partly a confidence rider.

I've always found it strange that your not allowed to complain without being shot down in flames , if you went to a football or rugby match or went to the cinema and what you saw there was poor you'd quite happily complain about that so why is that when you see a bad meeting you can't say so ?

I think you can, it's the passive aggressive threats of nobody coming through the gates, plus the personal attacks on people who are giving their time and effort to try and keep the club afloat as well as trying to make sure the fans are happy.

In terms of getting results for the fans, is Barker not a signing that show intentions getting results, and entertainment for the fans?

The bad luck that Voldrih has had is a big knock, and the efforts that are going on behind the scenes to get a replacement are immense, as are the frustrations.

It is a very difficult position to fill, especially at this point of the seasons.

If you look at last night's results, considering both Barker and Jonasson are injured, the team didn't perform that badly.

And, yes, I would like to see more dirt on the track, and I don't like it when it's dusty.

That's about the only thing I'm not happy with.

I'd also agree with people on here that would like to see Barker wait until fully fit.

Overall, if we look at where the club is compared to when Peter had just had enough, then we really shouldn't complain (too much at least), and the complaints should be constructive and not personal.

That's my last tuppence on the matter!!!

because Big Ed says so!!
  • Like 3

because Big Ed says so!!

And no matter he may think, he is no better nor worse than the rest of us. :)

I think you can, it's the passive aggressive threats of nobody coming through the gates, plus the personal attacks on people who are giving their time and effort to try and keep the club afloat as well as trying to make sure the fans are happy.

In terms of getting results for the fans, is Barker not a signing that show intentions getting results, and entertainment for the fans?

The bad luck that Voldrih has had is a big knock, and the efforts that are going on behind the scenes to get a replacement are immense, as are the frustrations.

It is a very difficult position to fill, especially at this point of the seasons.

If you look at last night's results, considering both Barker and Jonasson are injured, the team didn't perform that badly.

And, yes, I would like to see more dirt on the track, and I don't like it when it's dusty.

That's about the only thing I'm not happy with.

I'd also agree with people on here that would like to see Barker wait until fully fit.

Overall, if we look at where the club is compared to when Peter had just had enough, then we really shouldn't complain (too much at least), and the complaints should be constructive and not personal.

That's my last tuppence on the matter!!!

Thomas Jonasson?

He wasn't injured he was riding in the Best Pairs at Gustrow

Edited by TheGreenLions