British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Belle Vue V Leicester

Surprised by such a low score from Rory.

Howarth however looks like he was the star rider for Leicester along with Auty.

Good win for Belle Vue. Think they will be hard to beat at home esp now Stead and Cook have returned to winning ways.

I hope Walasek is okay

If Ward returns to British Speedway then it will be at Poole.

Can't see Kaspasak returning with his main focus being the GP

flagrag I think was on about a brit who signed for the bees but never rode for them as he didn't have a bike.

Cracking meeting :approve:

Leicester (Howarth & Auty apart) were disappointing but take nothing away from Belle Vue.

Nicholls was superb, Fricke & Cook impressive and Zagar just sublime, producing brilliant rides in heats 10 & 13.

I suspect there will be a few pounds wagered in Manchester bookies tomorrow.... :drink:

Edited by Halifaxtiger

flagrag I think was on about a brit who signed for the bees but never rode for them as he didn't have a bike.

Oh really. Thanks.

Wouldn't be much of an improvement on Pedersen esp as a heat leader. Not very dedicated to the sport either.

Very good racing again at Kirky Lane, (can we stay?) :o:D

The last couple of seasons has seen some of the best speedway on offer in Britain at the home of the Aces..

Some great passes from Zagar and Nicholls in particular, and I was very impressed by Kyle Howarth, a young Brit who hasn't had any hype bollox written about him or gone on social media bulling himself up, he simply has gradually improved season on season, let's hope he can continue his improvements...

All in all, a good night at the speedway, (which also included two Leicester riders trying to wipe each other out for a lap till one of them eventually succeeded)!! :o

And we had the added bonus of 20 mins of what sounded like "K Tels Hits of the 70's" to whip the crowd into a frenzy as the 'pre meeting entertainment'.... :D

Everybody now, "Oh, You to me are everything, the sweetest song that I could sing, oh baby..." :t:

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 6

Enjoyed the meeting, some great racing, Aces look strong at home.

I was impressed with the rule changes, no fiddling about at the gate, no going back to the pits for silly reasons. For once, well done the authorities. Nice touch at the end to have the riders going into the crowd at the end with chocolate

• Like 1

I doubt anyone who went tonight will think they didn't get more than good value for their money. Some fantastic racing, Nicholls was outstanding, Cook back to his best chasing and passing Schlein and Doyle in heat 6, Fricke showing what a prospect he is and Zagar worth the entrance fee alone in heats 11 and 13. Stead was solid and Worrall and Nielsen did what was expected of them.

For Leicester, Doyle was disappointing, apart from heat 1, Auty showed his liking for Kirky Lane and was impressive and Howarth was their outstanding rider, good to see a young Brit doing well. The rest were poor, Schlein obviously thought he had to pretend to be Pedersen. I hope Walasek's soon recovers from his injury.

All in all a thoroughly enjoyable meeting moved along at a good pace with the only delay following Walasek's injury while the paramedics were treating him.

Edited by Aces51

Wow Zagar was worth the admission fee alone, Nicholls was awesome & good effort from the rest of the Aces .I just wish Cook could do it away. For the Lions Doyle was poor & I fully expect him to be a one season wonder in the GP's, Howarth rode exceptionally well & is showing great progress, Schlein was to use a great northern expression, 'bobbins'. Auty put on a good show & although not a massive points tally I liked the look of Wozniak who for a first time visiting Pole put on a decent show. I hope Walasek is ok after coming to grief with the air fence. Looked nasty.

.....mdmc82......Surprised by such a low score from Rory.

Perhaps he's hinting out that he doesn't want to guest so much?

A few more scores like that and the phone won't be ringing very often. :lol:

To quote the great Zammo McGuire he could always " Just say No " ..!

I suspect there will be a few pounds wagered in Manchester bookies tomorrow.... :drink:

What that Belle Vue will finish above Leicester.

• Like 2

A really good result but not surprising really. Next week when coventry visit will be the real test.

Once again the track was superb and carried on where it left off last season. Some great races from zagar nicholls cook and wozniak who impressed me on his first visit. Also get well soon to walasek who I hear dislocated his thumb and mangled his little finger pretty badly.

ZAGAR - worth entrance money alone. His heat 11 and13 races were just sublime. When he's in the mood there is not better rider to watch round Kirky Lane

FRICKE - talent shone through. He's the real deal. A great home debut

NICHOLLS - top scorer again. He as made a flying start to the season. Looks real fast and determined. Some great passing to.

COOK - fanstatsic riding. His last to second race was superb. He will be gutted at missing out on his max by wozniak. party pooper that wozniak. Lol

STEAD - an improvement but can do better

WORRALL - not his greatest night. He needs grippier starting gates

NIELSEN - Struggled

For leicester Auty was his usual excellent self round our track. Was dissapointed in doyle. GPitis probably. Howarth was excellent. Rest were bobbins.

A special mention to the programme. An excellent programme again apart from the racecard last night that was a shambles and made it so hard to update. But the programme itself was very good so kudos to them.

Edited by Phil The Ace

And most riders moan that there are too many meetings in a EL season, yet Rory can't seem to get enough.

However when it got to the August last year he burnt out abit, let's hope he doesn't do the same for Kings Lynn this year due to taking on all the guesting over the year.

Can understand why people pick him on the average he was on esp on his old track but would have expected more than he scored.

Edited by mdmc82

Don't think he was burned out, was our best rider in the Play Offs. Wouldn't be surprised if he was trying one or two things out last night with Lynn up there in a fortnight. Bet that pleased Norrie :D

If he was trying things out none of them worked. Rory was very poor but he is plainly a better rider than he showed last night. I am expecting him to do much better when he visits with King's Lynn.

• Like 1

Can I just say, Rory goes out to race every race to the best of his ability. He is like everyone else who has a family and a mortgage. He did not go out to try and lose for himself or Team he represents. He is there to do a job which is why he tries so hard and gets so many guest bookings, because he puts in an effort and he gives to British Speedway. If he purposely lost races for the hell of it or trying different set ups, during competition, he wouldn't continue to get bookings would he?. He's done his testing! He just had a rubbishter of a night, plain and simple and no excuses by himself. Just had one of them nights, so please stop suggesting otherwise or making something that isn't there speculating about nothing or to suggest conspiracies what or why he was poor. Just one of them. Next match is another day. Hope you didn't write off your team after the Aces performance at Leicester because that's how stupid the comments

are. Writing off a rider or Team after a bad one. Rory has more respect with Clubs than to pull crap like that.

• Like 4