British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh V Berwick (lc) 17/4/15 @7.30pm

the staff are rude (with the exception of the clerk of the course) .

Is there any particular incident you can refer to or are you tarnishing all staff members with the same brush?

(FWIT I'm a staff member, as part of the admin team, and we constantly get drilled into us to be helpful to our customers, ie the fans of both teams)

• Like 1

What's it like?

Say anything about the Monarchs other than the King's clothes look wonderful and you can almost hear them scurrying to their keyboards in a mass panic to defend their oh so perfect club.

Feel sorry for them, they've lost the ability to think as individuals.

Bit creepy.

It's like the Stepford Wives!

Edited by george.m
  • Like 2

In response to the two posters after mine. No general finger pointing to one person, just the staff generally, as I say some were helpful and some were not, it's rare to remember the good only the bad. As for not supporting my own, far from it. It's called constructive criticism and my own opinion, which I'm entitled to give.

• Like 1

In response to the two posters after mine. No general finger pointing to one person, just the staff generally, as I say some were helpful and some were not, it's rare to remember the good only the bad. As for not supporting my own, far from it. It's called constructive criticism and my own opinion, which I'm entitled to give.

Bit unfortunate you single out the Clerk of the Course thus implying that the rest of us are unhelpful/rude. As a member of staff I don't consider that I'm rude - well maybe Scott Wilson thinks so - maybe you think I'm useless at my job. I'm ok with that but rude and unhelpful I am not. Please read your posts before hitting the send button and consider what you are saying.

What's it like?

Say anything about the Monarchs other than the King's clothes look wonderful and you can almost hear them scurrying to their keyboards in a mass panic to defend their oh so perfect club.

Feel sorry for them, they've lost the ability to think as individuals.

Bit creepy.

It's like the Stepford Wives!

Ehhhhh? Mass panic my ####

Not the worst meeting iv seen but not the best. Cookies gating was dreadful but led to some passes at least. Sedgy and Sam never troubled. Kev having a good night with a decent pass on Jorgensen late in the meet. Also good to see Riss looking very smooth in front eventually. Reserves were hot and cold with Clegg on the pace and got a great reward after Jorgensen and Doolan messed up TR. Branford tho looked like an amature on bends 3/4 (but on 1/2 looked great).

Feel sorry for Berwick like most have said seems they are beaten before turn up. No Vissing and a poor Barker (not sure if was bike or injury probs or both). Expected a wee bit more from Doolan but its always nice to see him at any track rarely gives up and a genuine nice guy (rightly got a good reception after heat 15). MPT i dont know that much about so didnt expect much same with Jorgensen. Though Edberg should have picked up a few more points and Crang just lacked experience.

As for the track debate. It is a trick track and very unlike most any riders will have ridden before. Some can turn up and get it instantly (N Morris) and other more experienced never do (Screen). See it more apparent in Riss, from Long/Grass track to Armadale like chalk and cheese but he is getting the rewards after putting in dozen or so lap after meets (something away rider will never get).

Went to Berwick a few times last year (closer to me than Ashfield) and hope they get a decent run going and crowds can get to sustainable level.

• Like 4

Bit unfortunate you single out the Clerk of the Course thus implying that the rest of us are unhelpful/rude. As a member of staff I don't consider that I'm rude - well maybe Scott Wilson thinks so - maybe you think I'm useless at my job. I'm ok with that but rude and unhelpful I am not. Please read your posts before hitting the send button and consider what you are saying.

I suggest YOU read my posts before spitting the dummy out. Off you go back to playschool if you cannot take constructive criticism. May I suggest you get out of speedway as normally you get a right old slagging off. God forbid the mighty have any criticism, it's ok no doubt your promotion will buy the rights to this forum soon enough and all will be well with Edinburgh once more

Edited by Rider Replacement

I suggest YOU read my posts before spitting the dummy out. Off you go back to playschool if you cannot take constructive criticism. May I suggest you get out of speedway as normally you get a right old slagging off. God forbid the mighty have any criticism, it's ok no doubt your promotion will buy the rights to this forum soon enough and all will be well with Edinburgh once more

Edinburgh fan in spitting the dummy out shocker now who would have thought that must be special tuition getting done behind the scene from there beloved No 1 on how it is done.

what was the crowd like honest opinion

It was a decent crowd to be fair, just not many of us sadly. I did get four 70's speedway books from the stall by the tea bar for £8 though, including Peter Collins Speedway Books Volumes 1,2 & 3. So the night wasn't a total disaster haha.

Crowds generally are pretty decent at Edinburgh well they were last season

don't think they are the level that they were a few seasons ago.Plenty of gaps in the home strait crowd now IMO.Just an opinion though might be totally wrong.Liked the look of Riss at Glasgow yesterday even though he did not score much looks a talent to me,and will be ok when he gets up to speed.

don't think they are the level that they were a few seasons ago.Plenty of gaps in the home strait crowd now IMO.Just an opinion though might be totally wrong.Liked the look of Riss at Glasgow yesterday even though he did not score much looks a talent to me,and will be ok when he gets up to speed.

There is definitely something there. It'll click into place one day.

There is definitely something there. It'll click into place one day.

Same on friday night. 0, 1 then 3, 3. And he looked pretty classy in both his wins.