British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh V Berwick (lc) 17/4/15 @7.30pm

So after last weeks good victory against the comets this week we welcome the berwick bandits. Edinburgh will ine up at full strength while Berwick will be using R/R for claus Vissing (anyone in the team can take a ride) and some how managed to get Michael Palm Toft as a guest for Voldrih who wouldn't have scored a point. Will be a lot stronger test than normal as these changes make Berwick a far better team than it would have been normally. Edinburgh to win by around 12.

Teams for Friday:

Edinburgh Monarchs

1. Craig Cook
  2. Justin Sedgmen
  3. Kevin Wolbert
  4. Erik Riss
  5. Sam Masters
  6. Max Clegg
  7. Rob Branford

Berwick Bandits

1. Poor Wee Ben
  2. Michael Palm Toft (G)
  3. Kevin Doolan
  4. Thomas Jorgensen
  5. Claus Vissing R/R
  6. Alex Edberg
  7. Luke Crang

Think Edinburgh will be worried (about crowd levels).

Not really, attendances against Berwick recently have been some of the lowest.

Probably a combination of a poor travelling support and unattractive visitors.

So it will be no surprise if this trend continues.

60+ for Monarchs

On September 11th 1998 an event happened that has never been repeated since a team from Berwick travelled to Armadale West Lothian and faced a team called Edinburgh Monarchs

AND WON !!

This event is so momentous that it is catalogued in a book kept in Berwick town hall and available to view on September 11th every year

The children of Berwick do not believe their parents when they recall of that fateful night all those years ago 'Your just telling us lies to give us hope' said one child another said 'the berwick promotion must have given you drugs to let you believe they had won'

Every season fans make the pilgrimage to West Lothian to see if the event can be repeated One fan told us 'im102 I hope I can see the events of 1998 again then I can die happy'

So to those fans making the trip never give up keep believing one day yes maybe one day Berwick may just Win there again

But probably not on Friday

16 Years 7months and 5 days and counting............

• Like 2

Good motivational speech.. but I suspect Edinburgh will get close to 60 again....

Just get the boys through the meeting and then move on to Saturday when hopefully we can start the PL with a home win!

On September 11th 1998 an event happened that has never been repeated since a team from Berwick travelled to Armadale West Lothian and faced a team called Edinburgh Monarchs

AND WON !!

This event is so momentous that it is catalogued in a book kept in Berwick town hall and available to view on September 11th every year

The children of Berwick do not believe their parents when they recall of that fateful night all those years ago 'Your just telling us lies to give us hope' said one child another said 'the berwick promotion must have given you drugs to let you believe they had won'

Every season fans make the pilgrimage to West Lothian to see if the event can be repeated One fan told us 'im102 I hope I can see the events of 1998 again then I can die happy'

So to those fans making the trip never give up keep believing one day yes maybe one day Berwick may just Win there again

But probably not on Friday

16 Years 7months and 5 days and counting............

Well Sheffield haven't won at Armadump since September 2001, so Berwick aren't on their own with bad records at Edinburgh !!!

tons of smug about. bigging up the visitors to drop 60+ points on all of them. then say after the meetings , what a good show we put up against good teams..

Edinburgh haven't played any good teams of late. cant move for the piles of smug.. lol.

tons of smug about. bigging up the visitors to drop 60+ points on all of them. then say after the meetings , what a good show we put up against good teams..

Edinburgh haven't played any good teams of late. cant move for the piles of smug.. lol.

it amazes me why they are bigging berwick up when they know full well they will destroy us giving false hope is evil and cruel

Naughty Monarchs

Not really, attendances against Berwick recently have been some of the lowest.

Probably a combination of a poor travelling support and unattractive visitors.

So it will be no surprise if this trend continues.

You have the bonus that the fans manage too rally round and pay off a lot of the debts that aTitle winning Team incur and the end of most seasons.
  • Like 1

You don't think much of Glasgow or Workington then.

Just a wee reminder to Sam to bring the dvds so i can pass them onto Jim and Ian hopefully we put up a half decent show nobody to touch Cookie n Smilin Sam think we will get low thirties

i think the only reason m/bra big up the smaller clubs is because if they said they were going to put 60+ on away teams , you would not get the travelling away fans to turn up at dumpville on a regular bases. one day they will get beaten at home and poor mr hardness will have to sing a different song. the little boy who cried wolf springs to mind lol.

• Like 1