British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
george.m

Glasgow Tigers V Edinburgh Monarchs - League Cup 19th April 2015

On today's performance Branford shouldn't be a concern - Riss and Sedgman are though.

And Sedgman has an history of rapid loss of form, he did it at Birmingham and he did at Redcar, be interesting to see if it happens again and how the Monarchs Promotion deal with it if he does.

don't think anyone will beat that one. :D

the only good thing to come out of today means the tiggers will bring a decent amount through with them on Friday expecting a win. going to be very dissappointed but we will take your cash though. ;)

We have set the Glasgow fighting fund branch up to supply you with our much needed wealth once your own supporter fighting fund has imploded and deserted the sinking ship all in a worthy charity though who else can we ridicule if you lot are not here.

Why the excuses all the time for Cook.

Engine blown Friday, Lawson flinched ... so what?

Can't he cope with all the needs of the sport?

You seem to lack confidence in his overall abilities, otherwise why make all the excuses for him?

Just as well the promotion have more confidence in him than you do, as seen by them sending him off the "naughty step" in Heat One.

Which I think he did pretty well from.

He could have started a lap behind and still have caught the Flying Sedgemen :party: No chance off catching the main men though as i said very encouraging performance to win so easily and not getting out off 3rd gear.

Loving it tonight, so many Minions whinging ....

The track was dusty

It was doctored

One of our riders was mince

A Glasgow person looked at one of our riders the wrong way

There's an R in the month

You're coming on here whinging like someone else gives a f***

Gees, you can't half exaggerate!!!!

Anyway, congratulations to the 2015 Tiggers on todays well deserved win. Some good racing, especially Aaron's tremendous effort to pass Kevin (shame about his bike)

No complaints about the track, the dust or Justin having a rare off-day but get yer start gate fixed......

Now..... One thing I am going to say about Cookie and all the griping he gets on here..... Apart from something I couldn't print for fear of my Ma finding out!!!!!! There isn't one team that wouldn't like to have him ........ If you're honest!!!! BUT ..... Tough because we love him and we're more than happy to keep him

One thing that is noticeable is the number of times races are called back for James Sargeant anticipating the start is getting out of hand.watch him last season on TV. Matches and he was the same.Called back today, then the ref let the rerun go when he did the same thing.Only my opinion though.

Why the excuses all the time for Cook.

Engine blown Friday, Lawson flinched ... so what?

Can't he cope with all the needs of the sport?

You seem to lack confidence in his overall abilities, otherwise why make all the excuses for him?

Just as well the promotion have more confidence in him than you do, as seen by them sending him off the "naughty step" in Heat One.

Which I think he did pretty well from.

what makes you think i don't have confidence in him he is the leagues top rider and when he's on it nobody is going to get near him. He is struggling to get out the gate just now plus a blown engine isn't exactly the best wya to start the season but once he gets these little problems sorted out i'm sure we will see the Cookie we all know.

And Sedgman has an history of rapid loss of form, he did it at Birmingham and he did at Redcar, be interesting to see if it happens again and how the Monarchs Promotion deal with it if he does.

A fair point, it depends where they are average wise once Riss gets his proper one, around 3.5 IMO and what fixtures Tabaka has on the continent!

Sedgmen today reminded me of his time with Redcar, actually was not unlike Wolbert 2014 and we know how frustrating that can be!

All joking aside , today's scorline didn't really do justice to the gulf that existed between the sides . It's up to the Monarchs to respond now , and I'm sure Friday's return fixture will be a cracker . But with the best runner up qualifying to the semi finals , it's a good bet both Scottish clubs will make it and could even contest the final

• Like 2

what makes you think i don't have confidence in him he is the leagues top rider and when he's on it nobody is going to get near him. He is struggling to get out the gate just now plus a blown engine isn't exactly the best wya to start the season but once he gets these little problems sorted out i'm sure we will see the Cookie we all know.

Didn't seem to stop him in Heat 1 pity the tapes hadn't gone up yet though.

One thing that is noticeable is the number of times races are called back for James Sargeant anticipating the start is getting out of hand.watch him last season on TV. Matches and he was the same.Called back today, then the ref let the rerun go when he did the same thing.Only my opinion though.

You're quite correct and we commeted on that in the Charlie Monk stand today

• Like 1

I made the same comment but i got shot down for it the one time he didn't do it was the re-run of heat 4 and he came dead last.

Edited by Mr Blobby

Its not gone un-noticed and I'm sure I'm not the only one unconvinced by him. Great when he gates, smooth and fast for a reserve but otherwise settles for where he ends up after turn 2.

Victor also isn't pulling up any trees, his gating is generally awful and he is moved over far too easy.

Every rider will try to anticipate the gate, it's their job! Frede Schott used to say, "if you don't break the tapes now and again, you're not trying hard enough"

• Like 4

On al lighter note on today's massacre full credit must be given to the stewards who caught the Edinburgh fan climbing the wall at the back off the enclosure today they got him down and told him in no uncertain terms to get back in and he will stay and watch the pumping unfolding.

• Like 2

On al lighter note on today's massacre full credit must be given to the stewards who caught the Edinburgh fan climbing the wall at the back off the enclosure today they got him down and told him in no uncertain terms to get back in and he will stay and watch the pumping unfolding.

I really hope we give you a right royal thrashing on friday to put all of you back in your place.

• Like 2

I really hope we give you a right royal thrashing on friday to put all of you back in your place.

More chance of Hibs winning the Scottish Cup than that happening , Blobs . Face it , the smug days are over :P

• Like 1