British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Crazy robin

Robins Vs.the Kings Lynn Stars

Not impressed, in fact, totally embarrassing

Hopefully just a blip tonight,and an average reducing exercise as it is the 23rd today :P

Oh bugger always thought it was the 23rd for the cut off date :o

Oh bugger always thought it was the 23rd for the cut off date :o

so even if it was the 23rd how would reducing the averages help ? I can only think you may be thinking of team changes if so what change or changes would you make who is available any way ?

Not just because we won but tonight was a very good meeting . Every time Kl it's a good one and they were really good value . Wish we had the side we track tracked tonight every week and we must regret letting Hans go now .

For Kl Puk gave 110 % and was involved in some great racing and You can see in Lambert a massive improvement even from last year . the biggest worried for kl is of course Kenny who just gives up if he does not make the gate ...not sure what is going on with him

• Like 2

Enjoyed that tonight. Loads of good racing and the best thing was that not one rider pussyed out and binned it after a hard move. Thought Lambert was worth more than his points total. His races with Howarth and Bomber were class. You won't see many better heat 15s than that either.

At times last season Morris looked as though his bikes hadn't been put together properly and he couldn't ride them. Totally different story this year and he's just beaten Iversen 5 times in 2 nights. Class by the kid!

• Like 6

so even if it was the 23rd how would reducing the averages help ? I can only think you may be thinking of team changes if so what change or changes would you make who is available any way ?

Milik,Mads?

Wonder how long the management will tolerate carrying Bjerre & Morris? Twelve last places and just five heat wins is a recipe for a hiding I'm afraid. This team has lacked spark so far this season, everything seems flat. A couple of defeats next week and serious questions will need to be asked.

Couldn't agree more. The time for important decisions to be made is surely fast approaching.

Have a decent amount of shale on the track and you get a hell of a good meeting, lots of close racing and overtaking. All the robins and guests rode well, especially Hans, and Nick who has really improved this year. His races with NKI were a joy to watch and I thought in heat 15 there may be a coming together but credit to NKI for riding hard but fair. Was impressed with Kyle Howarth and Kyle Newman, also Robert Lambert and Lewis Kerr for Kings Lynn.

• Like 2

A good home win for the patched up Robins although I really expected more from the Stars who aren't quite the force they were last year. Iversen and Bjerre are starting slow. Iversen you kind of expect it from coming back from a bad injury but what is going on with one point Kenny?

Thought that was a cracker! Nice touch bringing Kylie round on the trike at the start of the meeting but I think Swindon have missed a trick in not acknowledging the lads achievement on page 3 of the programme-any chance of using your influence Orlovski?

Really enjoyed tonight Morris was terrific,showing us what most of us think he is a real talent.At home on a bad night i don't expect Nick to score less than eight now,he is that good at the Abbey.The Stars were a mixed bag Puk was great value, Rory in one ride for me produced the ride of the night Lambert looks class to me on the pace did not look quick tonight but rode some great lines.Surely Rosco has to have him in the WTC team now he is improving fast.

Yes there was some great races along the way to our defeat. Rob v Kyle H wow, Lewis, Niels (particularly heat 15 😊 which some crazy old fans missed cos they wanted to get out of the car park b4 the rush!) and Rory once he found a good set up.

What do they say, it's the manner of the defeat, I can forgive Ash but after his first race win ftg I was extremely disappointed in Kenneth, would like to hear his thoughts on the night! Apart from one race Nick struggled too but he is not the seasoned pro that Kenneth is meant to be 😕

While bjerre's score was disappointing I think there is some over reaction. He won his first ride then had engine problems in his next. He was them beaten by Hans (twice), Harris and howarth, round Swindon you'd probably only expect him to have picked up one at most two points there.

Really enjoyed tonight Morris was terrific,showing us what most of us think he is a real talent.At home on a bad night i don't expect Nick to score less than eight now,he is that good at the Abbey.The Stars were a mixed bag Puk was great value, Rory in one ride for me produced the ride of the night Lambert looks class to me on the pace did not look quick tonight but rode some great lines.Surely Rosco has to have him in the WTC team now he is improving fast.

I think the best thing about Lambert was that Howarth and Bomber both pulled hard overtaking moves on him and he just got on with it and traded places with Howarth in one and then nearly got Bomber back a couple of laps later. Seen too many riders bin it after moves like that or sulk at the end of the race. Good lad!

• Like 6

When the injuries occurred, I thought Swindon would suffer, but once the guest were announced this was always going t be difficult to get anything from this meeting.

Watching the teams at Lynn on Wednesday I thought to myself, we will struggle to get anything out of this and that s the way it turned out. Not taking anything away from the Robins, we are not firing on all cylinders, and against the added team strengths this year, we have to ensure, all the riders pull their weight. We haven't seen that yet...

Good to see Lamberts improvement continuing, and Kerr doing his bit. Surprised Niels was beaten so many times, but hey, he gives it 110 % all the time.... shame some of the others don't do the same......

If we get hammered away at Swindon, what the hell are we doing, going all the way to Poland against the World's best, I hate too think.......

• Like 1