British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Crazy robin

Robins Vs.the Kings Lynn Stars

Let's hope Niels has given them plenty of set up tips ☺

It will be a great experience for the boys who don't regularly race in Poland, and who knows, if they have a great night then they could earn themselves a team berth, that is what they'd wish for no doubt 😊

Looking forward to the TV coverage!

I think the best thing about Lambert was that Howarth and Bomber both pulled hard overtaking moves on him and he just got on with it and traded places with Howarth in one and then nearly got Bomber back a couple of laps later. Seen too many riders bin it after moves like that or sulk at the end of the race. Good lad!

As you say he sticks to his guns doesn't he, so in control of that bike of his and can put it just where he wants.

Let's hope Niels has given them plenty of set up tips ☺

It will be a great experience for the boys who don't regularly race in Poland, and who knows, if they have a great night then they could earn themselves a team berth, that is what they'd wish for no doubt

Looking forward to the TV coverage!

As you say he sticks to his guns doesn't he, so in control of that bike of his and can put it just where he wants.

Why would Niels give any of the Lynn team set up tips. He's riding for the opposition :o

Only in speedway :icon_smile_clown:

• Like 1

Cant see why any rider would give advise to another rider who might then take points money off him. Its a business, and the riders living.

Would love Hansi back at Swindon, he is so popular with the fans and a true " All action Robin" . All around me were saying we should never have let him go, a very experienced no 1. :t:

I am hoping this season for Lynn is the reverse of last season. 14 we started like a train then ran out of steam/riders. This season I am thinking could it be a slow start and then hit peak form towards the end. Kenni, im sure will come good. Nick also should get better as the year moves on. Rob Lambert has improved since last season and will carry that on. Rory, Is a concern with the amount of meetings and rides he is doing.. Takes a lot out of man and machinery. NKI, is on the way back from a biggie, and will get back to his best. Lewis, again should continue his improvement . Ashley needs to somehow get out of the gate on level terms, he doesnt seemt o get tailed off, but needs to be in the first bend mix to earn some points.

Fingers crossed Lynn will be amongst it at the business end of the season.

• Like 1

This time last year Stars were a million points clear already (OK a slight exaggeration but you get my point!) and look what happened.

It's still early. We've had 2 away meeting at places we have not done well at for quite a while and have had two heavy losses. BUT we have had 3 50pts plus wins at home, we have a rider in Robert Lambert who has come on loads since last season, Lewis Kerr is as good as any reserve, a Number 1 who I wouldn't swap for anyone and even Rory is winning races. Yes Bjerre is a worry, as is Ash and Nicklas will improve with track time. Let's not push the panic button just yet eh?!?

Can't see any changes until/if we start losing points at home.....

Well done Swindon last night, a solid home performance and Nick Morris should be applauded for a stellar couple of evenings work.

The first points lost at home could easily be this Wednesday. If we are also beaten on Manchester on Monday should the management start to consider their options? How long do you give riders to start performing?

Good to see Rosco finally getting some enjoyment from last night's performance and result. Also very complimentary comments about Lambert's improvement - Team GB here he comes!!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

Would love Hansi back at Swindon, he is so popular with the fans and a true " All action Robin" . All around me were saying we should never have let him go, a very experienced no 1. :t:

Hans off. :lol: Hopefully he is happy at Coventry as he has come back for a second season.

• Like 2

While bjerre's score was disappointing I think there is some over reaction. He won his first ride then had engine problems in his next. He was them beaten by Hans (twice), Harris and howarth, round Swindon you'd probably only expect him to have picked up one at most two points there.

Bjerre is a GP standard rider ,if he isn't scoring 7 or 8 points minimum then he isn't doing his job.

• Like 2

Hans off. :lol: Hopefully he is happy at Coventry as he has come back for a second season.

Did offer to get his name plate back up in the pits :wink:

• Like 1

The first points lost at home could easily be this Wednesday. If we are also beaten on Manchester on Monday should the management start to consider their options? How long do you give riders to start performing?

I think Wed will be a tough task for the bees and it's our weakest away track so you should be okay.

While bjerre's score was disappointing I think there is some over reaction. He won his first ride then had engine problems in his next. He was them beaten by Hans (twice), Harris and howarth, round Swindon you'd probably only expect him to have picked up one at most two points there.

He was plop. It was the manner of his last places which has probably annoyed people. Absolutely zero interest in racing once he got behind.

• Like 1

He was plop. It was the manner of his last places which has probably annoyed people. Absolutely zero interest in racing once he got behind.

I think you're being a bit harsh. Had you have had the injuries that Kenneth had over the past years probably you wouldn't be so hard on him. Each of those accidents were not his doing and was the result of others riders bad riding....... ( The last one was when your own rider, Troy Batchelor. tee-boned him in the GP sending him into the fence breaking his Collar Bone....)....

He has a massive confidence problem, depending who he's riding against. If he makes the gate he has shown he can go fairly quick. if he is riding with riders he can trust then also no problems, Seeing him riding against Bomber at Lynn he was very competitive, but put him where he is unsure and the confidence becomes a problem..

So rather than posters like you getting on his back, Probably we should give him time to recapture his obvious talent.....

In life, it's so much easier to be critical than constructive........ Shame that....

• Like 1