British Speedway Forum
hyderd

National Speedway Stadium Opening Tickets Now On Sale

It seems there are moaners everywhere........................................ :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Up the 'ACES'!!! :t::approve: :approve: B)

• Like 2

It seems there are moaners everywhere........................................ :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Up the 'ACES'!!! :t::approve: :approve: B)

I will second that

• Like 1

doom and gloom or what? moaned bout weather in Manchester, ticket prices are too high, built in wrong area!!!

the amount of hoops you have to jump through with planning permission/noise constraints etc, this should be best news on this forum..im sure cradley fans wouldn't be moaning ig they had a stadium built!

• Like 1

Track looks a bit rough! I blame it on Olsen.

Not sure about the 'figure of eight' at turn 3, might catch a few out.

• Like 3

If people are moaning about Manchester not be central enough for all, what about the football and England playing in LONDON, that is pretty bang in the middle for everyone in England!! :wink: Also the World Cup events have always been hosted in the South, like King's Lynn, Poole, Reading, Eastbourne, Swindon. The only time it came North was in 2001, when Sheffield hosted an event and besides that was Coventry. For me Wolves would have been a better venue for fans for the World Cup, as i think it is the fairest and best track in the league.

If people are moaning about Manchester not be central enough for all, what about the football and England playing in LONDON, that is pretty bang in the middle for everyone in England!! :wink: Also the World Cup events have always been hosted in the South, like King's Lynn, Poole, Reading, Eastbourne, Swindon. The only time it came North was in 2001, when Sheffield hosted an event and besides that was Coventry. For me Wolves would have been a better venue for fans for the World Cup, as i think it is the fairest and best track in the league.

think you prob right with best league track, but after watching pit area in Sweden/Poland, and their stadiums, wolves would

appear rather 2nd rate visually to the tv audience

Well I, for one, am really looking forward to attending the National Stadium, particularly the opening event

• Like 1

The thing that puts the National Stadium down for me is that it's being built in the rain capital of Great Britain.

The stadium is being built in Manchester not Cardiff....Cardiff is the wettest city in Britain. In terms of the wettest place in Britain, Manchester is actually well down the list.

• Like 1

As for the rain, I believe covers are part of the new stadium, so although covers don't help in a downpour, they would have saved quite a few meetings down the years.

As for the rain, I believe covers are part of the new stadium, so although covers don't help in a downpour, they would have saved quite a few meetings down the years.

AND drainage ...

The stadium is being built in Manchester not Cardiff....Cardiff is the wettest city in Britain. In terms of the wettest place in Britain, Manchester is actually well down the list.

Indeed it is, although we regain our podium place when it comes to the amount of rainy days per year!!!!!

You can't make it up on this forum at times.

A brilliant, new, purpose built stadium.... and people still find something to moan about :D

All the best

Rob

• Like 4

For me Wolves would have been a better venue for fans for the World Cup, as i think it is the fairest and best track in the league.

That's the funniest thing I've heard in a while! Seriously, Wolves? A Merry-go-round!

Scoot down the straight, fold the bike in half, scrub all the speed off and go back where you came from.

Creep up the inside of someone if you're lucky! What a joke.

Big track, wide open spaces, multiple lines and the correct amount of banking is what's required.

To be fair there's nothing in this country that totally fits that bill but hopefully the new BV might if they don't balls it up.

Edited by Stoke Potter

The new track at Belle Vue is approx 350 m. in length . approx 20 m shorter than Hyde road.

Straights are 13 m . wide.. approx 42 feet in real money!!!

Bends are 17 m. wide . approx 55 feet in real money !!!

There is banking on the straights and the bends.

The first and second bends will not be identical to the third and fourth bends to provide different race paths .

All in all it looks like a recipe for multiple race lines and accompanied good racing.

The stadium is designated as The National Speedway stadium as approved by the BSPA and also at the express wishes of Manchester City Council who stated it was part of the remit of them being involved in the Belle Vue Sports village which would include speedway.

The total bill for the Belle Vue Sports village is 11.5 million which includes the Speedway Stadium , the 2000 seater Basketball stadium ,the upgrade of the Belle Vue Leisure Center and a 3G pitch.