British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe Vs Edinbugh ( P L) - Bank Holiday Monday, May 4th (3pm)

Away win number 1 in the bag and I'm sure there will be plenty more to come as well. Great to see the agent top scoring and back to his best witch is good to see.

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 1

Away win number 1 in the bag and I'm sure there will be plenty more to come as well. Great to the agent top scoring and back to his best witch is good to see.

Wolbert is going to make his average look daft this year, especially if he stays away from dodgy burgers. :wink:

Blobby, the Monarchs were deserving winners yesterday, but the final scoreline flattered you just slightly. It was nip and tuck for most of the afternoon.

All the best

Rob

rumour has it that another bucket collection will be held on the 15th, this time in aid of robs £400 fine from the ref .... :D

• Like 1

Cracking meeting :approve: Although the Monarchs top end power always had the edge.

Brilliant to see Davies hitting his stride and Lunna deserved more. Wolbert backing Cook and Masters makes Monarchs a real handful for anyone.

Bizarre - and, in my opinion, wholly ridiculous - to exclude Lunna for exceeding two minutes when he was feet away from tapes. If all referees did that, the number of exclusions would be huge. I can only hope that it was a coincidence -rather than malice - that the referee awarded Branford the point in the same race, because as far as I could see Lunna beat him.

Mr Godfrey perhaps shouldn't have said the things he did, but he was far from the only person who was thinking them.

Cracking meeting :approve: Although the Monarchs top end power always had the edge.

Brilliant to see Davies hitting his stride and Lunna deserved more. Wolbert backing Cook and Masters makes Monarchs a real handful for anyone.

Bizarre - and, in my opinion, wholly ridiculous - to exclude Lunna for exceeding two minutes when he was feet away from tapes. If all referees did that, the number of exclusions would be huge. I can only hope that it was a coincidence -rather than malice - that the referee awarded Branford the point in the same race, because as far as I could see Lunna beat him.

Mr Godfrey perhaps shouldn't have said the things he did, but he was far from the only person who was thinking them.

I thought as long as the ride was on his way to the start it was Ok.Or was he delaying the start?

I thought as long as the ride was on his way to the start it was Ok.Or was he delaying the start?

So did I................and if he was half the riders in speedway would get done.

Mr Godfrey's description of what happened - which rhymes with rollox - was just about spot on.

• Like 3

Got to be ready to race.

Reference to Lunna's exclusion in heat 11.

What happened was...Williamson was on 2 minutes, with roughly 30 seconds left, rather than let the two minutes elapse and get the lad an exclusion... Scunny in order to keep the meeting flowing made the reserve change..... Surely at this point a fresh two minutes should of been given to Lunna, however, it wasn't. He was given the remaining 30 seconds of Williamsons warning. Wrong in my opinion. Scunny could of easily let Williamsons time elapse, then wait another minute to make a decision to put Lunna in, then another two minutes warning for Lunna....Crazy, punished for trying to keep the meeting flowing.

Great to see the agent top scoring and back to his best witch

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Superb speedway yesterday from the riders of both teams on a lovely day. I always enjoy a trip to meet the lovely folks at Scunny at a great stadium. The track staff produced a track that supported loads of passing especially high and wide which is gr8 to watch. A Monarchs win was just the job but the return of Wayne "ROCKY" Carter was the icing on the cake...... Well done m8. Also nice to meet up and chat with Gary Stead

Alex Davies gets the most exciting (but scary) rider award from me and I've no idea how he and Theo stayed on their bikes in their ht 15 "wall of death" act. Poor Carrie Pijper almost went into labour!!! I'm so glad Cookie held back from the burst round the outside or it would've been messy