British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
semion

Kings Lynn V Leicester 06 May

It's actually been called off for dangerous conditions and high winds.

Strange that the official twitter and the website says off due to waterlogged track and the unofficial one says dangerous conditions and high winds.

Doesn't do much for credibility does it?

Don't believe the former but totally agree with the latter, dangerous for both riders and fans.

EDIT

The website has now been changed but surely an official site should get it correct from the start. or did too many local folk ask when it rained :D

Edited by Star Lady

Looks like its Crossroads for you tonight then SL :D oh no, you werent going anyway

That's a bummer, we'll have to watch Messi and Suarez instead..

It'll probably give Leicester more time to assemble a full team......... No worries....

Total shambles but the bit that gets me is fans intelligence count for nothing no wonder attendances are falling fans are taken for granted .

• Like 1

Does it matter if its off through wind or off through Water, fact is its off

• Like 2

Yes I agree - but why not treat the fans with a bit of respect and don't insult there intelligence.

It does if you value truth and trust and as Haza says respect.

Edited by Star Lady

It does if you value truth and trust and as Haza says respect.

If saying rain when it was wind is the worst crime, Lynn fans have a lot to be thankful for. Some people are looking for a ruck

• Like 1

Not in my book.I'm just peed off we always seem to get postponements when I am on days and can make the meeting :cry: .Managed to wangle days next week though so hoping for better weather :t:

Not in my book.I'm just peed off we always seem to get postponements when I am on days and can make the meeting :cry: .Managed to wangle days next week though so hoping for better weather :t:

same here, now another 3 weeks wait still can't be helped

Good call to call it off weather has been terrible

• Like 1

Perhaps the "rain/waterlogged track" message was the only message they had saved for short notice use and they displayed that just to stop fans travelling until someone could access the system to add the "dangerous conditions etc" message... We are always overly suspicious when it comes to info regarding cancellations, perhaps we ought to cut them a little slack regarding this one.......? Or are the conditions today, no worse than the meeting was ran in the other week when Sky were in town, making the cancellation stick in the throat a touch with consistency issues?

Perhaps the "rain/waterlogged track" message was the only message they had saved for short notice use and they displayed that just to stop fans travelling until someone could access the system to add the "dangerous conditions etc" message... We are always overly suspicious when it comes to info regarding cancellations, perhaps we ought to cut them a little slack regarding this one.......? Or are the conditions today, no worse than the meeting was ran in the other week when Sky were in town, making the cancellation stick in the throat a touch with consistency issues?

No consistency problems at all. Sky = Meeting on at all costs, No Sky = Sensible decision made