British Speedway Forum
ruffdiamond

Newcastle Diamonds V Glasgow Tiger's 25th May

James' absence was the thing that probably lost us the meeting tonight . Clegg did ok , but James is improving week by week

Sure is

James' absence was the thing that probably lost us the meeting tonight . Clegg did ok , but James is improving week by week

Yeah, he guested for the Diamonds regularly a couple of years back. Had potential then and would have been good to see now. Good job for us as his EL duties prob. cost the Tigers a win.

A week today Kozza gets a new average (done his 4 home and 4 away now). I make it 4.57. It means Glasgow have enough points to bring in a 5.97 rider to replace Palovara (or Sarjeant). It'll drop Kozza to reserve with Sarj (until he rides his 4th away meeting then Berge will drop to reserve with Kozza).

But what 6 pointer? Is Anders Thomsen available?

A week today Kozza gets a new average (done his 4 home and 4 away now). I make it 4.57. It means Glasgow have enough points to bring in a 5.97 rider to replace Palovara (or Sarjeant). It'll drop Kozza to reserve with Sarj (until he rides his 4th away meeting then Berge will drop to reserve with Kozza).

It would be a brave move to drop Mr P. or Mr S. But a Berge/Kozza combo might just be worth it. If and only if the right new rider could be found. Lest ye forget what our management did last year.

• Like 1

A thrilling win tonight, to go with the TOON survival result yesterday.

To be fair to Kozza, i don't think he has ever had a decent meeting at Newcastle. He tries too hard locking up, and then picking up drive, and it just looks like too much gas at the wrong times. Nick used to be the same, and his father did say he hated Newcastle and couldn't get the hang of it, but he did tonight, and was smooth and well in control. A good performance from Christian was due and very popular, whilst Rose eventually woke up for his later rides, and looked again like the rider we had last year. If he continues like tonight, he will be very popular at both Newcastle and Swindon. I think if Sargeant had ridden tonight we would have got beat by about 5 points, and he would have been the Tigers match winner. Stevie a little flat in a couple of races, and massive efforts from captain Ludde after his first ride fall.

The track was superb tonight with stacks of dirt and grip giving rides the opportunies of the outside run, and the surprise line this year of tight on the bend coming out of the corner.

Great to see the travelling Tigers, who always improve the atmosphere during our meetings, and long may it be so. Sorry to miss regular visitor Paulco who had to go into work today.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

That is a pretty dramatic decline up side to that is if we can get Kozza going and scoring the way we know he can it would be a very potent weapon to have at reserve , There would be no way we would consider dropping James there is only one way this lad is going and the sky's the limit in his learning curve his performances so far have been top drawer.

Dropping Victor would also be harsh but if it meant having Dimitri & Kozza at reserve what a combination that would be to have at 6 & 7 as Dimitri has been improving significantly week on week Anders would be a good shout he is a proven point scorer going well in his native Denmark & a club asset and is capable of scoring big points especially round Ashfield.

Any news on Rosen??

Our new averages come in at roughly 40.06 a massive 2.44 under the 42.5 limit... Surely our promotion will be looking at options to strengthen the team if Rosen is still struggling, we would have 8.5 or so to replace him.... Harsh i know but the chance is there.

Thorsell, Bech, Michelsen??

Dreaming :)

Edited by Arson fire

We lost a meeting that we probably should have won . It happens , we move on

Paulco's right. On a positive note, Glasgow have had only 3 league meetings so far. they are 7th in the league. The top 6 qualify for the play-offs so no need to panic, yet.

Lovely weather here, sun beaming and a canny day all round. Been at the track most of the day and it's had new shale on again, it's billiard smooth, wet and with fantastic grip. It's the best it's looked this year.

Pity it wasn't like that for the meeting then.

That is a pretty dramatic decline up side to that is if we can get Kozza going and scoring the way we know he can it would be a very potent weapon to have at reserve , There would be no way we would consider dropping James there is only one way this lad is going and the sky's the limit in his learning curve his performances so far have been top drawer.

Dropping Victor would also be harsh but if it meant having Dimitri & Kozza at reserve what a combination that would be to have at 6 & 7 as Dimitri has been improving significantly week on week Anders would be a good shout he is a proven point scorer going well in his native Denmark & a club asset and is capable of scoring big points especially round Ashfield.

Is Sarjeant going to miss vital meetings?he should be those to go if that is the case.Is he a Glasgow asset?

Is Sarjeant going to miss vital meetings?he should be those to go if that is the case.Is he a Glasgow asset?

He is not a Glasgow asset that is why Coventry takes precedence and he misses meetings

Sarjeant is ok ( heard from a bias source he had more rollers than dot cotton yesterday??)...but dont think he would have made a difference... Was the big boys who cost Glasgow the meeting imo

Any news on Rosen??

Our new averages come in at roughly 40.06 a massive 2.44 under the 42.5 limit... Surely our promotion will be looking at options to strengthen the team if Rosen is still struggling, we would have 8.5 or so to replace him.... Harsh i know but the chance is there.

Thorsell, Bech, Michelsen??

Dreaming :)

Remember what happened last Season when everyone called for changes. :nono: :nono:

Be careful what you wish for.

I thought that after Heat 4 tonight that we had had it. I have never been so delighted to be wrong. :t::approve:

WELL DONE to the 'Diamonds' tonight. :t::approve:

• Like 1

My observations from Newcastle

1) track was rank rotten

2) the ref was inconsistent (didn't have any great bearing on the score but it annoyed me)

3) the tractors were on the track more than the bikes

4) we were let down by a rider who is scoring way below his average

5) hearing "Super Steve Worrall" is particularly annoying

6) some riders need to learn how to get round tight, narrow tracks

There are going to be some fixture clashes not checked though how many . Victor would also miss some meetings due to his Swedish commitments on a Thursday James belong's to Coventry but he is too potent a point scorer and there is no way that they would even consider letting James go anywhere.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1