British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

Lakeside V Belle Vue Select 29/5

put the flag up, a team representing the Belle Vue Aces actually won an away meeting,

Yesssssssss! Get in there....

Great result for the Belle Vue Wolves/Kings/Bears/Tigers/Aces.,.

(Apologies if I have missed anyone)

Going to get our new name on a scarf....

It'll need to be 24 ft long!!!!!

Well done to British Speedway and in particular, thanks to Lakeside for providing us with the opportunity to cherry pick our team tonight..

So, so proud....

Everybody now "Give us a W, Give us an O, Give us an L (this may take a while to finish).....

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

Congratulations to Belle Vue

Feel for Lakeside as a case of so near again. They must dread last heat deciders.

Well done to the Aces in becoming the latest team to win at one of the 2 poorer sides this year.

Certainly puts them back in contention.

Well done to the aces, a win against any side away is good.

Sadly the leagues in tatters week in week out

There are more replacements than a schnide catalogue

A closely fought match with some excellent races, and a deserved win for the Aces select side.. .On a personal note i was pleased with my grandson, Ben Morley,s performance beating both,Boxall and Ellis twice and making another point on being released by the Hammers this season in favour of Adam Ellis ? ..Dissapointed with A.J,s performance is he worth the probable huge fee he gets,? seems to leave his gating boots abroad... Impressed with Kennet and Nillson and Lawson who was a little unlucky tonight...

Good for Ben last night.

The Lakeside forum is asking similar questions about Ben v Adam.

With all due respect to Adam, he isn't delivering upon the potential that he initially demonstrated. In contrast, towards the latter part of last season, Ben was returning some crucial race wins at home. And it is consistently our poor returns from the reserve berths that's costing us points - particularly in those meetings at home, involving close scorelines such as last night.

Well done to The Aces on a fine away win. It may have been a makeshift team but you can only beat the opposition - albeit the terms 'Lakeside' and 'Opposition' don't really sit very comfortably together this season.

Our away performances in particular, have been woeful since Rico passed over in my opinion. There just doesn't seem to be any passion, commitment or leadership. And now, here in 2015, a raft of teams are visiting our 'trick track' (whatever one of them really is) knowing that basically, we are there for the taking.

Roll on 2016.................and hopefully The Premier League. We wouldn't need to make many team changes, would we!

How wrong was the ref in heat 2? everyone in the stadium could see Ellis had pipped Morley on the line. That error alone would have given us the draw. :cry:

I couldn't really tell from where I was but Babs is not renowned for good eyesight!

Barbara Horley strikes again lol

• Like 1

To be fair, it must be a very difficult decision at times - given that a referees box is generally (and definitely in Lakeside's case) located straight in line with the tapes and provides a completely unobstructed view.

Reminds me of the time at Wimbledon when Frank Ebdon excluded Paul Whittaker (who'd been blatantly shoved off) whilst not even watching the race; preferring, heaven knows why, to be engaged in conversation with Russell Lanning.

As it was an outside, open-air box that evening, I don't think I ever remember my old man, in his 60's then, getting so 'vocal' in condemnation of two fellow human-beings. Mr Ebdon in particular looked quite embarrassed following a tirade of such choice vocabulary from the east end.

Happy days, eh!

A closely fought match with some excellent races, and a deserved win for the Aces select side.. .On a personal note i was pleased with my grandson, Ben Morley,s performance beating both,Boxall and Ellis twice and making another point on being released by the Hammers this season in favour of Adam Ellis ? ..Dissapointed with A.J,s performance is he worth the probable huge fee he gets,? seems to leave his gating boots abroad... Impressed with Kennet and Nillson and Lawson who was a little unlucky tonight...

I like Ben and he rode well last night but only Barbara Horley thought he beat Adam in Heat 2. Standing on the backstraight opposite the start line, everyone had filled in their programmes as a 2 - 4 with Adam second. In speedway terms, it wasn't even that close.

Anyone going to use that new fangled thingy internet and let us know what Jon Cook wrote with his quill pen in the programme.

Or did everyone buying a programme tonight have to sign an oath of silence in blood.

It is on the Hammers' website

http://www.lakesidehammers.co/the-cook-report/

We can bring back Ben and it might make a slight difference but it is failings at reserve that have resulted in four home defeats. Our 1-5 have outscored the opposition each time but their good work has been undone through lack of points at the lower end. Wolves 3 - 16, Coventry 6 - 12, Poole 5 - 15 and Belle Vue 7 - 13.

• Like 1

We can bring back Ben and it might make a slight difference but it is failings at reserve that have resulted in four home defeats. Our 1-5 have outscored the opposition each time but their good work has been undone through lack of points at the lower end. Wolves 3 - 16, Coventry 6 - 12, Poole 5 - 15 and Belle Vue 7 - 13.

And wasn't Coventry's with Ritchings instead of Sarjeant 😱

I agree that changes definitely need to be made at reserve but the question is who do you bring in? I was very surprised when Lakeside protected Ellis in the draft as didn't stand out much last year Imo and came off too easily.