British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
blueherb777

Kent Kings V Birmingham Brummies 1/6/15 Cgnl

Great night for Brummies who deserved the win despite various misfortunes and controversy. Zach W was awesome to watch and in my view the next tai woffinden. Ellis looked classy in 3 of his rides and Perry looked the best I ve seen him for a few years.

Great to see so many brum fans tonight too. Got to say Adam Kirby really was highly dangerous tonight taking down riders a few times. And despite the negative comments I recieved about my text updates about Kirby even 1 brummy rider even agreed after the meeting. A night to forget for the Kent team although James Shanes winning Heat 11 from so far behind was unarguably the best 4 laps of Speedway seen at central park.

Well done Brummies,deserved win, with a great reserve and back up to boot.

Kent - well - disaster ?

Morley - Unusually bad night for him.

Couzins - way our of depth in main body.

Baseby - Very average tonight.

Ayres - Did OK -not at his best.

Shanes - IF ONLY WE HAD 7 of him.

Verge - going to struggle even at reserve.

Sheppard - Struggles just to stay on bike.

Kent are way behind Brummies,Cradley and Eastbourne.

At least a couple of changes are needed.

Oh dear Sings for Kings

cracking win for Brum.. Zak rider for future by the look

Edited by zlata prilba

A disaster from the word go for the Kings tonight.To start with ref Dale Entwistle decided to dispense with the rule book and make up his own rules,,Did not award race 1 AFTER 4 LAPS AS IS THE RULE,BEN SHED A CHAIN ON LAP 5 he then warned Ellis 3 times for rolling starts but failed to put him 15 mtrs back ???.. Then the track was flooded early in the meeting why ??? which had a far greater effect on the kings lower order Than the Brummie boys.. +plus i must say Danny Ayres as well was all over the place tonight,,Ben sheds another chain on the start line..Kings riders falling every where ,with the meeting running away from us..Then along comes James Shanes to produce the best ride i have ever seen in 3 seasons at Kent coming from the back to pass Adam Ellis (who should be almost unbeatable in front at this level ) Flying by off the last bend at blinding speed,,,!! brilliant!!!..Things finally came good for Ben Morley in heat 15 when he blasted round Ellis on the second bend to win by a distance ..Having said all that, Birmingham were worthy winners coping with track conditions better than at least half the kent team,,who remain very weak at thee bottom end..But where are replacements to come from ????

• Like 1

It was indeed a poor night for Kent. Some bad luck, bad officials decisions and below par performances. The overall trend for Kent has been upward over the last few weeks so maybe this is just blip. There are positives - Aaron Baseby looks like he's hitting good form and James Shanes produced the best ride anyone has seen at CP. Ben Morley may just have used up his bad luck in one meeting and Danny Ayres won't keep hitting the same bend 2 bit of grip that kept throwing him offline. Onward and upward Kings.

who remain very weak at thee bottom end..But where are replacements to come from ????

Maybe time to give that sanderson a go? What about reece downes maybe did ok last year for scunny all things considering. Cant think of anyone else off top of my head really.

...Zach W was awesome to watch and in my view the next tai woffinden. ... my text updates about Kirby ...

Firstly the Brummies centre green announcer compared Alex Wilson to Tomasz Gollob. Teaboy compares Zach Whatsit to Tai Woffinden and someone on Speedway Updates compares Adam Kirby to Nicki Pedersen...any more world champion comparisons?

Coming back to the comments about Kirby on the Updates site, maybe people were thinking that you were implying a degree of malevolence in Kirby's riding. They were simply pointing out that he may be lacking a complete skill set (he's only a hard trying NL rider after all) and he wasn't really the embodyment of all things evil.

Firstly the Brummies centre green announcer compared Alex Wilson to Tomasz Gollob. Teaboy compares Zach Whatsit to Tai Woffinden and someone on Speedway Updates compares Adam Kirby to Nicki Pedersen...any more world champion comparisons?

Coming back to the comments about Kirby on the Updates site, maybe people were thinking that you were implying a degree of malevolence in Kirby's riding. They were simply pointing out that he may be lacking a complete skill set (he's only a hard trying NL rider after all) and he wasn't really the embodyment of all things evil.

Yes, James Shanes to Peter Collins after that ride!

Adam Ellis was moving at the gate in each of his races and despite being warned twice by the referee no action was taken. He should have been

excluded on a least one occasion.

Kent Kings reserves woeful.

• Like 1

Obviously you are a brummies fan , and have never had the misfortune to have to be on a speedway track at the same time as Adam Kirby , the list of riders he has knocked off and the thousands of pounds worth of other peoples equipment he has damaged is enormous , right back to his days in the MDL he has been a danger to anyone in the same race as him .. is it Something to do with the name Adam because Sheppard is almost as bad ?

Oh dear Sings for Kings

Oh dear indeed. I admit I did say on the way home would have to eat humble pie today.

Think that a decent replacement for Chapman and R/R for Banks worked brilliantly for Brum and will continue to do so until Waj moves up into the main team.

If Kent didn't have bad luck last night they would have had no luck at all. Ben had a disaster with chains, Danny seemed to have lost some of his powers after his haircut and rare mistakes from Aaron. Thank goodness for James Shanes.

As expected Jamie struggled in the main body of the team and will need time to settle. Not sure what the issue is with Danno? Confidence, equipment but it looks like he is going to struggle even at reserve. Adam spent most of the night on the deck but for once got the decisions in his favour and again saved his best 4 laps for after the meeting.

Maybe time to give that sanderson a go? What about reece downes maybe did ok last year for scunny all things considering. Cant think of anyone else off top of my head really.

Sanderson couldn't be bothered with P&P so personally not interested in him and not seen or heard of Reece Downes doing anything this year so would imagine he is as rusty as Matt Saul looked.

The answers? Not sure but I think Rye House on Saturday could be equally unpleasant.

Oh and well done Birmingham. I concede you are not a terrible side and will not be bottom ;)

Obviously you are a brummies fan , and have never had the misfortune to have to be on a speedway track at the same time as Adam Kirby , the list of riders he has knocked off and the thousands of pounds worth of other peoples equipment he has damaged is enormous , right back to his days in the MDL he has been a danger to anyone in the same race as him .. is it Something to do with the name Adam because Sheppard is almost as bad ?

Adam Kirby was one of the reasons I didn't leave early last night. Having repeatedly seen the mayhem he has caused I cannot take my eyes off him. He reminds me of a large Russian bear riding a tiny bicycle except the bears have the ability to not fall off at the slightest breeze.

So the first Heat last night was FIVE Laps ?????????

Is it really that hard to count to 4 !!!

Another example that makes Speedway look so Amateurish.

So the first Heat last night was FIVE Laps ?????????

Is it really that hard to count to 4 !!!

Another example that makes Speedway look so Amateurish.

Well done Brummies,deserved win, with a great reserve and back up to boot.

Kent - well - disaster ?

Morley - Unusually bad night for him.

Couzins - way our of depth in main body.

Baseby - Very average tonight.

Ayres - Did OK -not at his best.

Shanes - IF ONLY WE HAD 7 of him.

Verge - going to struggle even at reserve.

Sheppard - Struggles just to stay on bike.

Kent are way behind Brummies,Cradley and Eastbourne.

At least a couple of changes are needed.

A crazy night last night and now I agree with two AJ posts in a row :o

A crazy night last night and now I agree with two AJ posts in a row :o

Of course you would as I am always right ? Ha ha !

• Like 1