British Speedway Forum
SCB

Robert Lambert - What A Talent

How good is he? 7 in his first SWC meeting passing the current World Champion, one silly mistake aside touching the tapes aside he didn't get flustered when he found himself in traffic and just slowly and steadily made his way through it. Having a great season at EL level and every time he is interviewed he comes across as a decent, level headed guy.

There are many things wrong with British Speedway at the moment but Robert is so far from being one of them things. He's one of the few thing we all have to look forward to.

I for one love watching his race and continue to be impressed by him all the time.

Yeah,,, comes across as nothing seems to phase him, just gets on with it, Nick Morris must have give him a fright but just kept on and didn't seem to let it bother him :-)

• Like 1

Yeah,,, comes across as nothing seems to phase him, just gets on with it, Nick Morris must have give him a fright but just kept on and didn't seem to let it bother him :-)

Impressed everytime i see him race ,by racing in Germany has really helped him not phased at all his manoeuvres from the back outstanding.As for the British Final all of us have been robbed what a joke,onwards and upwards for Robert.

Agree SCB and his whole attitude was first class, came across well off track and very honest. A few of the prima donnas in GB speedway could learn a lot from him

One of Norfolk's finest. Its not all about sugarbeet and Turkeys down here. :lol:

• Like 3

I thought there was a touch of unfair riding by Morris. Had Lambert fallen because of Morris hitting him I reckon Morris should have been excluded. There is 'hard' riding, 'fair' riding and 'hard fair' riding. I don't think what morris did was fair or hard - I thought it was bordering dirty.

Lambert was terrific last night.

• Like 1

Lambert was lifting before Morris asked him to move over. He is very good though.

• Like 6

Other than his mastakes at the start, which you can put down to nerves on a big occasion, for a very young rider, he rode well, he is a talent in the offering and he will make his way up the world ladder fast, if he continues to ride as he does, I hope that he dosen't lose his head and change his whole attitude, he comes over as a very nice level headed young man, no I am going to be world champion, in a couple of years time, or I will be the No 1 rider in the EL and the world, he just gets on with things and say all I can do is try my best. Really like him, he should go a long way.

I thought there was a touch of unfair riding by Morris. Had Lambert fallen because of Morris hitting him I reckon Morris should have been excluded. There is 'hard' riding, 'fair' riding and 'hard fair' riding. I don't think what morris did was fair or hard - I thought it was bordering dirty.

'Hard, fair, hard-fair, dirty-hard',,, all down to opinions ;-),,, I agree if Lambert went down, Morris would've gone, but we'll never know ;-)

I think Morris was 'firm but fair', not dirty, just one of those things and, no-one was crying or got hurt :-)

dont think Morris was unfair Robert pulled a slight locker which scrubbed his speed Morris looked to have the room coming of the bend .lambert did not seem think anything about it when interviewed some great riding from him throughout the evening.
  • Like 1

I think at that age he is better than what Woffinden was on the world stage.....a long long way to go but Woffinden made it so there's no reason why Lambert can't with the right backing.....the only issue is that so much depends on gating to make that final push...hopefully that will get better with experience...

What were they thinking of with the British final ?....Adam Roynon !.......anybody would think the authorities didn't want British speedway to progress or to entertain the public !

• Like 2

Lambert is a talent, no doubt about that, which makes the decision not to seed him through to this years British Final all the more crazy. :blink:

• Like 1

Reminds me a little bit of a young Andy smith in terms of physique, way he is not overawed by reputation, and way he works his way through the field after missing the gate, though clearly he has a much more polished style and far less wild than smudger was. Hopefully will kick on to be a world class talent, must be a chance of world u21 champ at some point and hopefully in GPS in 3-5 years time.

I think its almost unanimous that he should have got a wildcard - really can only be explained by pettyness on the part of those making the decision that he hasn't been given one?

• Like 1

Reminds me a little bit of a young Andy smith in terms of physique, way he is not overawed by reputation, and way he works his way through the field after missing the gate, though clearly he has a much more polished style and far less wild than smudger was. Hopefully will kick on to be a world class talent, must be a chance of world u21 champ at some point and hopefully in GPS in 3-5 years time.

I think its almost unanimous that he should have got a wildcard - really can only be explained by pettyness on the part of those making the decision that he hasn't been given one?

Coincidentally Andy Smith's son made his National League debut last night.

Like Woffy, another that has learnt his riding in Perth and lived a lot of his life there......wonder if he'll be called an Aussie by everybody !