British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cyclone

Edinburgh Vs Glasgow, Friday, 12th June 2015

The chance of a point for Glasgow will lie with how many rollers James Sargeant is able to get away with.

Aye Cook has taught him well.

• Like 2

The chance of a point for Glasgow will lie with how many rollers James Sargeant is able to get away with.

Hope he gets away with 7 , his starting is quality when he gets away with it
  • Like 1

Forum experts go on about Cook getting away with rolling (he used to and still does occasionally) and sargeant (he doesn't - he anticipates) and wondered why if they were cheating refs didn't do more. I got hold of the rules and cant find anything about rolling or anticipating starts aas being an offence. What is the rule and I don't mean Pearson and tatums rule I mean the real rule?

• Like 2

I'm not a betting man but somewhere in the region of 53-41 for the Monarchs

Just read that Steve Worral is ill and his place will be taken by Richie Worral. Now expect the gap to be greater than previously predicted.

Just read that Steve Worral is ill and his place will be taken by Richie Worral. Now expect the gap to be greater than previously predicted.

Game over for any chance of GLA sneaking a point.

Forum experts go on about Cook getting away with rolling (he used to and still does occasionally) and sargeant (he doesn't - he anticipates) and wondered why if they were cheating refs didn't do more. I got hold of the rules and cant find anything about rolling or anticipating starts aas being an offence. What is the rule and I don't mean Pearson and tatums rule I mean the real rule?

I don't know the "real" rule but surely the spirit of the rule is that all four guys are completely stationary when the button is pressed.

I remember always being facinated by Derek Sneddon's back wheel starting to rotate whilst he was on the green light - I always thought that is probably a good edge and would be legal.

Cook didn't do any rollers last night guesting for the Witches , in fact he didn't make one start all night !!

Cook didn't do any rollers last night guesting for the Witches , in fact he didn't make one start all night !!

Saving them for tonight!!!!!!

I don't know the "real" rule but surely the spirit of the rule is that all four guys are completely stationary when the button is pressed.

I remember always being facinated by Derek Sneddon's back wheel starting to rotate whilst he was on the green light - I always thought that is probably a good edge and would be legal.

That's my point about the 'real rule' - who does know/?

By the way there is a rule that says the rear wheel must be in contact with the track at the start so its not legal to spin your wheel

• Like 1

. When he was at Newcastle Deek got excluded for spinning his back wheel by the ref.

That's my point about the 'real rule' - who does know/?

By the way there is a rule that says the rear wheel must be in contact with the track at the start so its not legal to spin your wheel

Fair enough I thought that it would be okay as he was technically not moving.

Going into heat 15.. I bet there's a few Weegies pissing themselves with excitement... won't be so smug tonight with 1 poster in particular!

• Like 4

You were saying?