British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cyclone

Edinburgh Vs Glasgow, Friday, 12th June 2015

Well were to start.

Congrats to them on their win thats all your getting.

We havn't been that great the last few weeks away from the tapes but last night we were stinking if your going to give away 10 meters going into the first corner most races your going to get beat 9 times out of 10.

Last nights defeat is probably a good kick up the backside that we needed as a team IMO. Gives the boys a bit of a wake up call that it isn't going to be as easy as it was last year.

Anyway we are still the big team in these parts winning 16 of the last 20 derbies says it all. :approve:

Edited by Mr Blobby

Well were to start.

We havn't been that great the last few weeks away from the tapes but last night we were stinking if your going to give away 10 meters going into the first corner most races your going to get beat 9 times out of 10.

Last nights defeat is probably a good kick up the backside that we needed as a team IMO. Gives the boys a bit of a wake up call that it isn't going to be as easy as it was last year.

Anyway we are still the big team in these parts winning 16 of the last 20 derbies says it all. :approve:

You are only as good as your last meeting Which means we are good and your lot are not so good really hope you can manage to hang on to a play off spot to pro-long your season so as we can then end it with a bang.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

That's made my bloody night , well done tigers , Mr Blobby will be going through himself after that result. After our spanking at scunny it certainly put a smile back on my face. Would love to have seen his face.......priceless

Enjoy tigger fans

Balance of power has shifted in Scotland---get in Tigers!!

See you all next week!!

Soooooo happy for all the Tiggers fans

I do find it pretty sad when fans of other teams bask in the glory of someone elses victory.i don't understand that mentality thankfully but in TaylorJ's case being a Comets fan you have to get your jollies somehow i guess.As for the 'balance of power' shifting Brummiestormer..correct me if i'm wrong but it is still June and nothing's been won yet..apart from one match?Well..what can i say about last night apart from well done to the Weegies..the best team won out on the night and i certainly wouldnt grudge those Tiggers fans who have supported their team through thin and thinner.It's easy to support your team when times are good but the real ones stick in when times are bad..fair play and enjoy your win..for now.. :drink: You sensed the Tigers had a feeling we were there for the taking and our guys were strangely subdued.Our gating was atrocious and the Tiggers err wasnt lol..James Sarjeant must have piles as in nearly all his races he wouldnt sit still at the start but when it's Willie Dishwasher in the box nothing surprises me.Anyways,i hope the riders in Blue & Gold are hurting as much as i am today..We have to pick ourselves up and i'm sure we will.We have too many good riders not to.. as i say enjoy your win for now my buckie swallying china's well done :t:

Edited by Young51
  • Like 1

I thought it was at Berwick all gate n go but no.Glasgow deserved their win never seen Lawson ride like that used to be gash when he came with Worky great guest in Richie not bad for basically 5 riders never going to see Berwick do that sure Edinburgh will be racking up big scores again looks like Edinburgh and Glasgow will finish in top 6 like to see Berwick there as well if we dont have any more injuries.

Credit where it's due.

On here and in the media the Monarchs have been magnanimous in their assessment of last night.

Good on you.

Let's hope for a good crowd coming through from Edinburgh tomorrow, mucho friendly banter, sunny weather, good racing and everyone going home safe.

PS And 15 heats of tapes working!

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/speedway/tigers-have-their-tails-up-after-dethroning-monarchs-1-3801186

Edited by george.m
  • Like 5

I do find it pretty sad when fans of other teams bask in the glory of someone elses victory.i don't understand that mentality thankfully but in TaylorJ's case being a Comets fan you have to get your jollies somehow i guess.As for the 'balance of power' shifting Brummiestormer..correct me if i'm wrong but it is still June and nothing's been won yet..apart from one match?Well..what can i say about last night apart from well done to the Weegies..the best team won out on the night and i certainly wouldnt grudge those Tiggers fans who have supported their team through thin and thinner.It's easy to support your team when times are good but the real ones stick in when times are bad..fair play and enjoy your win..for now.. :drink: You sensed the Tigers had a feeling we were there for the taking and our guys were strangely subdued.Our gating was atrocious and the Tiggers err wasnt lol..James Sarjeant must have piles as in nearly all his races he wouldnt sit still at the start but when it's Willie Dishwasher in the box nothing surprises me.Anyways,i hope the riders in Blue & Gold are hurting as much as i am today..We have to pick ourselves up and i'm sure we will.We have too many good riders not to.. as i say enjoy your win for now my buckie swallying china's well done :t:

Sorry Young51 i've hated Edinburgh since the Powderhall days so any chance i get to delight in their defeat i'm going to take it---their fans were horrible and arrogant back then and it mostly remains the same today--i hated my visits to Armadump and never felt welcome there at all most of the fans were antagonistic i felt i had to move on a couple of occasions. Unlike Glasgow on my visits to both Blantyre tracks and Shawfield and now Ashfield we actually felt welcome so although i basically have a myopic view of my scottish speedway bretheren i know where i'd sooner be at it's never going to be Edinburgh--Up the Tigers!! :t:

• Like 4

Well were to start.

10 metres behind going into turn 1? Lol. I find that hard to believe somehow.

Edinburgh far from had it easy last year, and with Masters slumping since he's gone to number 1, Branford/Riss not cutting it in the main body and Sedgmen up and down also, it must be nearly time for the panic button to be hit at Armadale.

Edited by Najjer

Edinburgh far from had it easy last year, and with Masters slumping since he's gone to number 1, Branford/Riss not cutting it in the main body and Sedgmen up and down also, it must be nearly time for the panic button to be hit at Armadale.

Dont worry I sure they will have a"plan B"

Hardly Najjer..no panic buttons neccesary

Sorry Young51 i've hated Edinburgh since the Powderhall days so any chance i get to delight in their defeat i'm going to take it---their fans were horrible and arrogant back then and it mostly remains the same today--i hated my visits to Armadump and never felt welcome there at all most of the fans were antagonistic i felt i had to move on a couple of occasions. Unlike Glasgow on my visits to both Blantyre tracks and Shawfield and now Ashfield we actually felt welcome so although i basically have a myopic view of my scottish speedway bretheren i know where i'd sooner be at it's never going to be Edinburgh--Up the Tigers!! :t:

You're entitled to your view but that doesnt sound like the club i've supported all these years at all..sure you get arses at every track..aye even Glasgow believe it or not,but to tar all of us with the same brush isnt on.. :nono: Glasgow are more than welcome to you by the sound of it anyways.. :P

It's one match Najjer..no need for panic buttons.. You should maybe look a bit closer to home and focus your concerns there?

Edited by Young51

Hardly Najjer..no panic buttons necces

You're entitled to your view but that doesnt sound like the club i've supported all these years at all..sure you get arses at every track..aye even Glasgow believe it or not,but to tar all of us with the same brush isnt on.. :nono: Glasgow are more than welcome to you by the sound of it anyways.. :P

It's one match Najjer..no need for panic buttons.. You should maybe look a bit closer to home and focus your concerns there?

I always love that arguement - "look closer to home" - would that be at Somerset who are top of the league and still unbeaten at home?

No concerns here :)

I always love that arguement - "look closer to home" - would that be at Somerset who are top of the league and still unbeaten at home?

No concerns here :)

That would be the same Somerset that bottled it last year

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 1

That would be the same Somerset that bottled it last year

They sure did Blobby..their backbone fell right through their holes..so they resorted to cheating!Before i get all dewy eyed at the memory of that unforgettable evening and get back to this season..it'll be interesting to see if and it's a big IF Glasgow get through to finals whether they have the character in their team to seal the deal and win when the real sphincter tests come along..who knows..it's one thing to win in June on a bad night for the Blue & Gold,but what'll happen when it come's to the crunch?It'll fun seeing how it all pans out..

Edited by Young51
  • Like 1

James Sarjeant must have piles as in nearly all his races he wouldnt sit still at the start

So no Edinburgh rider has ever moved at the tapes and got away with it? :wink:

Those blue & yellow tinted glasses of yours are pretty powerful, Youngy. ;)

All the best

Rob

Dont worry I sure they will have a"plan B"

Joe Tabakka :wink: