Glasgow regardless of tonight will make the top 6,

Berwick probably wont make the top 6

Edinburgh to win the PL

Roll on Next season

Duck off

Ok well Penchev

I would say

Glasgow when their full 7 return they will consolidate a play off place

As for ourselves I don't think we will make the Top6 but I don't think there will be much in it

Edinburgh have the best top 3 in the league as things stand, I don't see anyone living with them at present

Of course this can all change as the season unfolds...

Edited by GrigorijLaguta13
  • Like 1

Ok well Penchev

I would say

Glasgow when their full 7 return they will consolidate a play off place

As for ourselves I don't think we will make the Top6 but I don't there will be much in it

Edinburgh have the best top 3 in the league as things stand, I don't see anyone living with them at present

Of course this can all change as the season unfolds...

fair analysis I'd say

Still think even with their full team Glasgow won't beat Edinburgh in a two leg playoff final

Victor Palovaara - World Under 21 Qualifier 2015; Dimitri Berge - broke track record holder at Ashfield this year and runner up in 1st round of World longtrack Championship 2015. Yep that's what you call naff

funny how you decided not to highlight the rest of the sentence that I quoted,but anything for a dig.At there present averages only gets them a reserve berth in Pl irrespective of what they do abroad and it certainly doesn't benefit British Speedway them missing so many meetings.

Ps

Why is there no home meeting at Glasgow tomorrow.Let me guess!!

can see Howe jacking it in or getting the chop if his performances so far are anything to go by.

As a spectacle this meeting wont last long in the memory as apart from Morris and Lawson, Glasgow put up very little resistance. Nothing should be taking away from Berwick however as they gave their visitors a right royal roasting. Would the result have been different had Glasgow had their two reserves, probably not, would the scoreline have different had Glasgow had their two reserves almost certainly but if you sign riders who are likely to disappear off to diddly European meetings you deserve all you get, and that's not a go at Glasgow as I would feel the same about any other club in the same position, including Berwick who it should be pointed out were missing Hall who was off long tracking. I understand that Glasgow requested earlier last that last nights meeting be postponed, thankfully that was met with short shrift from Berwick.

Big crowd last night swelled by the usual massive travelling support from Glasgow, fair play to those who came giving your weakened team.

Credit to fans of both teams for adding in excess of £2000 to the Ben Fund from the collection that took place last night.

So Glasgow were missing 3 riders and still had their top 4 riders where as Berwick were missing 2 of their top 3 and our 'in-form' rider who would of been rolling in the points last night, was it really that unfair? Glasgows choice of guests got 3 points between them and that was 1 beating the other or 3 riders in a race where as our National League guest managed to get 7+3

• Like 1

Below strength, its the same for any form of sport. How is speedway matches with riders away to qualifiers or whatever any different from football or rugby teams playing with below strength teams because of international players being away. When footballers are away on international duty you don't hear the whole of the premier league complaining about below strength teams. It's part and parcel of sport.

This member of the paying public didn't go last night because he thought he wouldn't be entertained. So Berwick lost out on the cash. Point now made?

• Like 1

Glasgow turned up with 2 NL riders to cover 3 riders and were never going to trouble Berwick. As well as having no presence at reserve we had no middle order to speak of. Alarm bells are ringing with David Howe, in only his third match. He isn't scoring and his shoulder issue has re-emerged, as it did at Peterborough on Wednesday. He could yet turn out to be a very short signing.

We can't afford to carry any riders if we have any ambition to be succesful this year, as it is I have my doubts that James Sarjeant can carry it off now he is in the 1-5. Summers has far exceeded my expectations this year and is forgiven for a poor night.

Blaming the Berwick track is nothing more than a deflection tactic for those taken in by the hype. We will leave the expectation that we have the right to win everywhere to the 0131's. As it is we have frailties and at minimum need Berge to re-find his confidence at reserve, he has only performed in one match this season.

• Like 2

Going on last nights lineups the result was always going to go Berwicks way not the best of matches would have been closer had Spud came to the game but as someone already said everyone can have an off night.A wins a win.

Glasgow turned up with 2 NL riders to cover 3 riders and were never going to trouble Berwick. As well as having no presence at reserve we had no middle order to speak of. Alarm bells are ringing with David Howe, in only his third match. He isn't scoring and his shoulder issue has re-emerged, as it did at Peterborough on Wednesday. He could yet turn out to be a very short signing.

We can't afford to carry any riders if we have any ambition to be succesful this year, as it is I have my doubts that James Sarjeant can carry it off now he is in the 1-5. Summers has far exceeded my expectations this year and is forgiven for a poor night.

Blaming the Berwick track is nothing more than a deflection tactic for those taken in by the hype. We will leave the expectation that we have the right to win everywhere to the 0131's. As it is we have frailties and at minimum need Berge to re-find his confidence at reserve, he has only performed in one match this season.

When the going gets tough Glasgow look as though they will come up short IMO .Not a match to remember but decent win for Bandits.Morris and Fisher are entertainers never give up a chase .
  • Like 1

Summers was a bargain buy wasn't he? old Havelock really saw them coming with that one.

• Like 1

At there present averages only gets them a reserve berth in Pl irrespective of what they do abroad and it certainly doesn't benefit British Speedway them missing so many meetings.

Ps

Why is there no home meeting at Glasgow tomorrow.Let me guess!!

can see Howe jacking it in or getting the chop if his performances so far are anything to go by.

Up until last night both Berge and palovaara had missed one official meeting each and by the way palovaara's 'real' average for 2015 from 15 meetings is 5.71

The reason there is no meeting today - the new owners are fed up with it raining every sunday and yes its pouring down this morning and the forecast for Tuesday evening is fab ;)

Howe's shoulder appears to have gone. If he is replaced Glasgow have 7.33 to play with according to the new green sheets

Good win for the bandits would have loved to have seen both teams full strength but not to be. Fisher and Carr put in good performances as guests plus 8+1from r/r was a big help. For Glasgow 2 youngsters at reserve put in a lot of effort for little reward but with Aaron and David Howe having offnights meant they had to rely on there top 2 of Lawson and Morris to keep score respectable. Good to see a decent crowd and also an excellent collection for the Ben Fund.

• Like 1

maybe you could tempt nemo over his average must be around 7.33 or make a couple of changers bring a higher average rider in but then depends who you bring in you could loose out lower down.interesting times ahead, have to feel for david howe he must be gutted he is back to square one with his shoulder problem.

• Like 1

Up until last night both Berge and palovaara had missed one official meeting each and by the way palovaara's 'real' average for 2015 from 15 meetings is 5.71

The reason there is no meeting today - the new owners are fed up with it raining every sunday and yes its pouring down this morning and the forecast for Tuesday evening is fab ;)

Howe's shoulder appears to have gone. If he is replaced Glasgow have 7.33 to play with according to the new green sheets

Once again selective use of my post,give it a rest.