British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SharpenRake

Glasgow V Sheffield Lc Semi 1st Leg 30 June 2015

Another evening fixture and the same 2 teams that fought out the last one although not being filmed by Sky this time. No news of the teams as yet but it looks as if young James sergeant will still be missing placing a lot of pressure on David Howe and the 2 reserves. Simon Stead is obviously missing but Bellego should make an appearance (missed last one) and Compton and garrity can fly round ashfield. Birks looked good on the TV recently so could be a hard one to call.

No Howe, possibly no Sarjeant (not sure).

Based on Sheffield getting stronger last time as the meeting went on, this could be a tough one and wouldn't surprise me if final score is close.

Hope weather is better this time.Hopefully Sheffield will get a few points more than last time and set up a good 2nd leg.Good luck to the lads for Tuesday.

No Howe, possibly no Sarjeant (not sure).

Based on Sheffield getting stronger last time as the meeting went on, this could be a tough one and wouldn't surprise me if final score is close.

Wouldnt surprise me if Sheffield win

Glasgow will need at least 12 to have any chance of meeting Ipswich in the final lol

• Like 1

Wouldnt surprise me if Sheffield win

I would.

Guest up to 7.33 for David Howe.

Rider Replacement for James Sarjeant

The two reserves back.

By my reckoning I that makes Glasgow stronger.

Sarjeant back for Tuesday, so RR for Howe gives Lawson, Sarjeant and the reserves extra rides,

If Sarjeant still not fit i would go Covatti for Sarj and r/r for Howe which could be 5 rides for all 6 riders.

Lawson and Covatti and the 2 reserves cover r/r and ? for heat 15

Edited by MANSE
  • Like 1

more like located sick mote.

• Like 1

Dislocated shoulder

Seems like we need a new rider. The shoulder issue has been ongoing for a while and is unlikely to cure itself. The logic for signing Howe was sound, no work permit required, no doubling up or foreign commitments and knew all the tracks. However we are back to the drawing board and struggling in the middle order, available riders will be hard to come by.

I've noticed that Anders Thomsen is going ok and won the Euro U21 semi final last night. He is frustrating little bugger but on a better deal where he isn't paying his own air fares, could he do a job for us? I'm lost for potential riders otherwise!

• Like 1

Seems like we need a new rider. The shoulder issue has been ongoing for a while and is unlikely to cure itself. The logic for signing Howe was sound, no work permit required, no doubling up or foreign commitments and knew all the tracks. However we are back to the drawing board and struggling in the middle order, available riders will be hard to come by.

I've noticed that Anders Thomsen is going ok and won the Euro U21 semi final last night. He is frustrating little bugger but on a better deal where he isn't paying his own air fares, could he do a job for us? I'm lost for potential riders otherwise!

Anders Thomsen has a contract with Rawicz in Poland on a Sunday, so any move to Glasgow would be doubtful, for this season anyway.

• Like 1

Anders Thomsen has a contract with Rawicz in Poland on a Sunday, so any move to Glasgow would be doubtful, for this season anyway.

Depends whether or not he rides for them on a regular basis.

You can be contracted to a Polish team, does not necessarily means you are going to be riding week in week out.