British Speedway Forum
Star Lady

King's Lynn Vs Poole 1st July

was it Kelvin who said something along the lines of "what a great sport this is, when it is done well"?....

not wrong is he???

Yep, his comment, was something along the lines of 'good preparation of a good track makes good speedway'. How right that man is!

Yep, his comment, was something along the lines of 'good preparation of a good track makes good speedway'. How right that man is!

that's when you got a man doing the track that knows what he's doing though it must be remembered Buster can water grade the track at any time day or night 24/7 365 Edited by Haza

Great result for the stars. Brilliant race to finish the meeting. Disappointed stars team didn't do victory lap to acknowledge fans after the meeting.

Well what did I think after a long absence - not a lot to be honest.

No parade, the riders we were told were getting ready to race (that's what they do week in and week out!!!!) and they didn't do it for another 8-9 minutes.

Then we were finally informed no Chris Holder, marvellous how that was kept quiet in these days of social media!

Music as bland, absolutely nothing to get the crowd going it was all very bleugh

Finally something good - Kevin and Edwin are truly professional, knowledeable and we got some decent interviews.

Now to the racing. I didn't have a prog so forgive me if the details are not right but we had a pass in heat 2, a half decent race for 2 laps in heat 4/5, another pass about heat 8 (Porsing?), another half decent race about heat 10/11 and heat 15 which was excellent by any standards. The rest was boring follow my leader stuff.

Did we get any atmosphere, did we hell it was like a bloody morgue! :mad::mad::mad: Mind you the majority of the riders got as far as the back straight after a race and turned straight back to the pits :mad: . The only acknowledgement any of them made to the 3/4 bends was a limp raised hand by Kerr, a sort of wave from Lambert, Milik however did make it all the way round and managed to wave/raise a hand for the majority of the bend. So if the riders cant' be arsed to acknowledge the fans it does sort of make you wonder why the fans should acknowledge the riders. I did applaud a couple of riders - Milik, Majic and Dakota North as they acknowledged us.

After heat 15 Robert Lambert did a couple of laps in celebration and fully deserved the great reception he got so Lynn fans can do it.

I contrast this with the Poole/Lynn match a couple of weeks ago when despite Poole smashing Lynn their fans kept up a brilliant atmosphere and their riders gave them wheelies and celebration laps. It's not just Poole either I'm gonna annoy Trees now but Peterboro manages to get their riders to do celebration laps (including Robert Lambert lol) after most races and the fans react to it, hence here is an atmosphere.

I do have a question at this point. Does anyone know what is on the comprimising video that Bjerre obviously has of Rob Lyon cos apart from blackmail I cannot think of any reason Bjerre was kept in heat 14. His performance was abysmal, as it was at Poole.

So did I enjoy my first visit to Saddlebow Road league match in ages. Well the company was great, the weather was glorious the entertainment was virtually non existent. I think I'll stick to the EOES.

Finally Poole fully deserved the point and apart from the heroic performance from Lambert in heat 15 would deservedly have won the match.

• Like 1

What a great talent robert lambert is ,that was a sublime pass on Magic and a move he did not expect.

Proper speedway heat 15 was ,happiness is 47-46.

• Like 1

Did anybody hear Pearson laugh when Millik pulled his cutout out

Yes I heard it and thought it was wrong but he favours Poole as do sky, how many times were middlo and Poole riders interviewed compared to Kings Lynn ?

• Like 1

Well what did I think after a long absence - not a lot to be honest.

No parade, the riders we were told were getting ready to race (that's what they do week in and week out!!!!) and they didn't do it for another 8-9 minutes.

Then we were finally informed no Chris Holder, marvellous how that was kept quiet in these days of social media!

Music as bland, absolutely nothing to get the crowd going it was all very bleugh

Finally something good - Kevin and Edwin are truly professional, knowledeable and we got some decent interviews.

Now to the racing. I didn't have a prog so forgive me if the details are not right but we had a pass in heat 2, a half decent race for 2 laps in heat 4/5, another pass about heat 8 (Porsing?), another half decent race about heat 10/11 and heat 15 which was excellent by any standards. The rest was boring follow my leader stuff.

Did we get any atmosphere, did we hell it was like a bloody morgue! :mad::mad::mad: Mind you the majority of the riders got as far as the back straight after a race and turned straight back to the pits :mad: . The only acknowledgement any of them made to the 3/4 bends was a limp raised hand by Kerr, a sort of wave from Lambert, Milik however did make it all the way round and managed to wave/raise a hand for the majority of the bend. So if the riders cant' be arsed to acknowledge the fans it does sort of make you wonder why the fans should acknowledge the riders. I did applaud a couple of riders - Milik, Majic and Dakota North as they acknowledged us.

After heat 15 Robert Lambert did a couple of laps in celebration and fully deserved the great reception he got so Lynn fans can do it.

I contrast this with the Poole/Lynn match a couple of weeks ago when despite Poole smashing Lynn their fans kept up a brilliant atmosphere and their riders gave them wheelies and celebration laps. It's not just Poole either I'm gonna annoy Trees now but Peterboro manages to get their riders to do celebration laps (including Robert Lambert lol) after most races and the fans react to it, hence here is an atmosphere.

I do have a question at this point. Does anyone know what is on the comprimising video that Bjerre obviously has of Rob Lyon cos apart from blackmail I cannot think of any reason Bjerre was kept in heat 14. His performance was abysmal, as it was at Poole.

So did I enjoy my first visit to Saddlebow Road league match in ages. Well the company was great, the weather was glorious the entertainment was virtually non existent. I think I'll stick to the EOES.

Finally Poole fully deserved the point and apart from the heroic performance from Lambert in heat 15 would deservedly have won the match.

Can't argue with most of that. The worst thing for me is the lack of atmosphere but the riders are contributing to it.

In the Premier League days the rider's would whip the crowd up fully acknowledging the paying punters. Apart from one good pass each from Milik and Porsing the entertainment was left to a 17 year old to deliver it yet again.

I was hoping the meeting wouldn't be about our weaknesses but they were majorly exposed tonight.

Our aim should be to deliver a league title, it's time the management showed that drive rather than allowing the season to just plod along

The 1st statement of intent would be a change for Bjerre.

As for Poole, deserved to win IMO. Every one of their riders look hungry to deliver the goods for the team. Definitely title favourites regardless as to whether Coventry top the table by 100 points.

If a fully fit Holder was on show, I think it would have been us running the Black & White table cloth.

Last week against Lakeside gave us better racing IMO

Not good enough for a British Final wildcard eh? That decision will haunt the BSPA until Lambert hangs up his leathers.

Unfortunately I don't expect it will create the slightest impression with the clowns at bspa towers.

They are more into vendettas than they are trying to help a very very good british youngster.

• Like 2

Star lady you do seem to hold a grudge against King's Lynn for some reason.

There were some decent races tonight,especially heat 15.I went to the EOES on Sunday and that was pretty poor with the exception of MPT.Was there an atmosphere there,maybe a little in the stand because most of the fans congregate there.

Anyway at least 6 races with passing which probably beats a lot of EL league televised meetings.

Iversen still not as convincing as he should by his standards,Porsing getting better,Milik will be fine,Lambert brilliant for a 17 year old,reserves are ok.Now Bjerre I have defended him this season but now I think is the time to get rid,but is there a rider willing to come.Could get over an 8 pointer in for him if anybody wants do do a few meetings.

Also nice to catch up with Tom and Romana again.Maybe Tom could dust down the old Kevlars and replace Bjerre :D

Does it really matter where Gomolski rides?? He will still score zero,zip,Nick all,nothing,nought,etc whether he rides at 1,2,3,4,5,6,or7!!!!!!!!!!!

He's certainly shut you up tonight hasn't he. I'd take up knitting if i were you, because you know naff all when it comes to speedway.

As for Gavans continuous i have nothing against Poole, well, going through the thread and picking up his posts he hates every single letter of the word Poole. So if i were you lot, especially Poole fans i wouldn't believe a single letter or word he writes on this forum.. :icon_smile_clown: is an understatement.

Edited by Starman2006

The last 3rd saved the meeting as a spectacle, the closeness kept it interesting.

No doubt the Lambert haters will be quiet for while but what a future we have with Woffy and Zach Wajtknecht in the next few years to come.

Bjerre was truly awful and the loss would have fell right on his shoulders. Good to see Ash progressing nicely.

The Pirates even without Holder are a danger.

Just goes to show what a final it will be with the Bees because quite frankly no one else is in the same league or standard thus year as those two.

Awesome fightback from Poole, however why the insistence on cutting to Middlo at every opportunity?? Both teams well and truly in it yet Rob Lyon only got a couple of interviews. Sky bias sadly.

• Like 1

I take it Scottyfan is currently looking at replacements for Newman who had a very poor night and Davey Watt after his last places & only counting 3 laps in this meeting 😂.

North & Gomoski did a good job

Star lady you do seem to hold a grudge against King's Lynn for some reason.

There were some decent races tonight,especially heat 15.I went to the EOES on Sunday and that was pretty poor with the exception of MPT.Was there an atmosphere there,maybe a little in the stand because most of the fans congregate there.

Anyway at least 6 races with passing which probably beats a lot of EL league televised meetings.

Iversen still not as convincing as he should by his standards,Porsing getting better,Milik will be fine,Lambert brilliant for a 17 year old,reserves are ok.Now Bjerre I have defended him this season but now I think is the time to get rid,but is there a rider willing to come.Could get over an 8 pointer in for him if anybody wants do do a few meetings.

Also nice to catch up with Tom and Romana again.Maybe Tom could dust down the old Kevlars and replace Bjerre :D

I have nothing against Lynn as such.

The racing was on a par with anything I've seen on Sky this season and at Poole. I agree Sunday at EOES was not great . How much better tho could Lynn be if they got the rest right. The music for instance - no big rock anthems, no music building up to each race. Boro and Poole (the only ones I've been to this year) both build the music up to the start of each race. Last night we had bland music, four bikes coming out of the pits in dribs and drabs, the line up announced, some faffing about and the tapes went up. Speedway is an entertainment for gods sake put some bloody effort into it :mad: . No wonder the crowd are silent.

The fact there was no parade last night was disgraceful. With Sky there it might not have been possible to do a full on one but the riders could easily have ridden round the track at least once while the names were announced. I know all the kids (big and small :wink: ) that I've ever taken to speedway loved watching the riders come round and waving etc before the meeting, and after (which it seems didn't happen either last night).

Other clubs manage to "persuade" their riders to do a lap of celebration, to acknowledge the fans but it seems at Lynn it's " not the done thing" in fact the impression given is it's banned! Rob, Buster, anyone should insist that riders at least do a full circuit after a race. IMHO they should want to do it but if not it should be in their contract,, You say the stand at EOES is where the atmosphere is but there are no more fans in there than there are in the Royal Box and home straight stand at Lynn. The difference is at Lynn the riders don't manage to get as far as the home straight after a race so give the fans no opportunity to cheer them etc.

It's the little things that go towards making an evenings entertainment and they cost nothing except a bit of effort in telling the riders to do their part, building the atmosphere up to a race, do a parade for gods sake!

I said to Trees pre meeting that if the peripherals are right, you don't notice the lack of good racing.

You are a long term fan so you know it can be done, it always used to be done. Cyril Crane, Maury Littlechild, Martin Rogers, Waggy amongst others knew how to put on a show as did Jonathan Chapman. Seems to me that Lynn are just going thro the motions. and it can and should be so much better. If me wanting to see that makes me have a grudge against Lynn I plead guilty.

• Like 1

What do you expect if you subscribe to some cheap Bradistan internet provider Papper G. :lol:

Watched the meeting tonight with no sound and it was great. Good meeting and no continual crap from the two presenters. Good result for Lynn but they do need to either sort out bear or get rid of.

And am i wrong in saying not one mention of the Child Dark Lord?